• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

vg247-PS4: new kits shipping now, AMD A10 used as base, final version next summer

Globox_82

Banned
They clearly expaned fast then since their last title.

Not sure about that. Although linkedin is not 100% so that 68 might be higher, but back in March 2012 they had 60 people and planned to expand to 100. Only 8 people in the mean time.
Ready at Dawn currently employes about 60 people, but the goal is to grow "dramatically" as the company gears up for next-gen. "We're actually talking internally about 100 people and that's not counting what we'll need probably outside as well," Weerasuriya said.
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...-god-of-war-idea-was-floated-by-ready-at-dawn

So either their publisher is helping big time or they ran into problems. My theory is that SSM is helping them

THE:MILKMAN

It took ND two years to make games on hardware they were all ready familiar with. Making a new engine and getting used to the new hardware will definitely require them to take some extra time.

Uncharted took less than 3 years from scratch with a max of ~75 employees. On new (unique) hardware and a new IP. My money is on Nov '14 for the next Uncharted team game at the latest.

Baki

I like how Baki's op makes the Orbis a piece of shit compared to the Durango. Not sure where he got his rumors from.

That wasn't my intention. If anything, I wanted the roadmap to be the focus on the thread. How naive of me. :p

But yeah, I would have thought that 4GB of GDDR5 would've made peoples eyes pop out considering 2GB is the current limit with high end graphics cards.

Proelite

That wasn't my intention. If anything, I wanted the roadmap to be the focus on the thread. How naive of me. :p

But yeah, I would have thought that 4GB of GDDR3 would've made peoples eyes pop out considering 2GB is the current limit with high end graphics cards.

There is no credible rumours of 8800/8900 card in the durango. The closest would be 8750 edition.

4GB of GDDR5 is a much more credible rumor than the slim chance of 8800+ card in either systems.

Duffyside

Banned
Don't they have two teams now?

I actually think they have three. That's just a hypothesis of my own, based on some Sony comment from like six months ago. Paraphrased, obviously, "We're really focuses on creating unique experiences for our consoles, even creating new studios and making our already-established studios have two, even three teams instead of one."

Though they could be talking about GG (I doubt it, since they haven't even revealed Project 2) or Media Molecule.

I actually think they have three. That's just a hypothesis of my own, based on some Sony comment from like six months ago. Paraphrased, obviously, "We're really focuses on creating unique experiences for our consoles, even creating new studios and making our already-established studios have two, even three teams instead of one."

Though they could be talking about GG (I doubt it, since they haven't even revealed Project 2) or Media Molecule.

Well GG has two teams + Cambridge renamed to Guerilla so that could fit the 3 team dev

B.O.O.M

I agree, I was just listing the 5M+ sellers that they will definitely select to launch the system with.

I personally believe they need a strong multiplayer game from the get go on the system. At least one within a month or so of release. It will help build a strong community online.

The most exciting for me are the stigs projects (rumored to have shooting as part of gameplay), Sucker Punches next game (infamous or a new IP that is open world on new hardware? drool) and the rumored RPG by GG. They are complete mysteries at this point

Baki

There is no credible rumours of 8800/8900 card in the durango. The closest would be 8750 edition.

4GB of GDDR5 is a much more credible rumor than the slim chance of 8800+ card in either systems.

I was basing it on the recent NeoGAF thread citing a Chinese source.

I personally believe they need a strong multiplayer game from the get go on the system. At least one within a month or so of release. It will help build a strong community online.

The most exciting for me are the stigs projects (rumored to have shooting as part of gameplay), Sucker Punches next game (infamous or a new IP that is open world on new hardware? drool) and the rumored RPG by GG. They are complete mysteries at this point

Granted, I expect a new IP from a 'Big' team. But based on the Vita launch, I have the indication that Sony has changed its tune to launching platforms with big estalished IPs.

I would rather they have PD make a GT game for launch then waste ND's talents trying to get something out on time.

Let Naughty Dog take there time and release something in the 2nd year.

B.O.O.M

I was basing it on the recent NeoGAF thread citing a Chinese source.

Granted, I expect a new IP from a 'Big' team. But based on the Vita launch, I have the indication that Sony has changed its tune to launching platforms with big established IPs.

IF they go for a big known franchise for launch I think it will be either GT 6 Prologue or Killzone

Remember a while back siliconera had an article on a leaked script for a speech... presumably by the daughter of Colonel Visari! If that's for launch then I think we can expect another pretty epic Killzone trailer along with the ps4 launch :D

I kind of hope Uncharted 4 is a launch title. It'll have been two years since UC3.

i absolutely love uncharted but i would love them to leave it alone for a while. or at least do an uncharted 4 to show off ps4 and then move on to something else for a while. i hope naughty dog doesn't get stuck with a studio making uncharted games and another one making new ips.

i-Lo

Random query: Will the PS4 have DSP?

Also can someone outline what a DSP in a console be used for besides processing audio separately from CPU in layman terms?

RaijinFY

i absolutely love uncharted but i would love them to leave it alone for a while. or at least do an uncharted 4 to show off ps4 and then move on to something else for a while. i hope naughty dog doesn't get stuck with a studio making uncharted games and another one making new ips.

Usually each new generation means a new IP with Naughty Dog.

Duffyside

Banned
Usually each new generation means a new IP with Naughty Dog.

Yeah, but they've never had a success like Uncharted, nor two teams. I also think Sony still has dreams of an Uncharted movie. I would bet there is an Uncharted 4 being made, but it's possible that'll be it from Naughty Dog. Will probably depend on the success of The Last of Us, as I think ND and Sony both would see the benefits of keeping one "guaranteed franchise" around.

Yeah, but they've never had a success like Uncharted, nor two teams. I also think Sony still has dreams of an Uncharted movie. I would bet there is an Uncharted 4 being made, but it's possible that'll be it from Naughty Dog. Will probably depend on the success of The Last of Us, as I think ND and Sony both would see the benefits of keeping one "guaranteed franchise" around.

Crash games sold more than Uncharted.

meta4

yea they were 5 mill+

Uncharteds are in the 3.5-4.5mill range

Both UC2 and UC3 are over 6 million. UC3 is neck and neck with Gears of War 3 in terms of sales at the moment. They will not let the franchise go. Sony is going to make sure it gets milked.

Both UC2 and UC3 are over 6 million. UC3 is neck and neck with Gears of War 3 in terms of sales at the moment. They will not let the franchise go. Sony is going to make sure it gets milked.

Really i thought it was only 4 mill but i guessthat must have been close to launch?

B.O.O.M

yea they were 5 mill+

heard both UC2 and 3 are over 5mil now actually. And with what they will earn from the online component of it I'm sure it's one of the most profitable games for sony now.

According wiki first one sold 6.8 million worldwide, second 5.17 million and third 7.13 million. Crash was damn huge back in the day.

I see. It was much bigger than I imagined

meta4

Really i thought it was only 4 mill but i guessthat must have been close to launch?

The first UC was 4 million. Sony announced that the franchise as a whole has sold 17 million copies. UC3 is selling really well even now, especially in Europe.

Baki

yea they were 5 mill+

Actually the JAK franchise was at about 8M for all entries, while Crash was at 19.1M and Uncharted was over 13M when Uncharted 3 just came out (probably 15M+ now). The Uncharted games are all 5M+ sellers (Gears of War tier franchise).

EDIT:

The first UC was 4 million. Sony announced that the franchise as a whole has sold 17 million copies. UC3 is selling really well even now, especially in Europe.

LOL, actually 17M now! wow

rdrr gnr

GG's game is an RPG? And, I agree. They need to inform the public that the Playstation brand and PSN is a viable platform for one to play all of their online titles. So many online titles are de facto exclusives on XBL. If they are going to make that push via 1st party -- it has to be a new IP.

B.O.O.M

GG's game is an RPG? And, I agree. They need to inform the public that the Playstation brand and PSN is a viable platform for one to play all of their online titles. So many online titles are de facto exclusives on XBL. If they are going to make that push via 1st party -- it has to be a new IP.

yep the RPG rumors come from these

http://www.ps3blog.net/2010/12/27/guerrilla-games-new-ip-a-aaa-fps-with-fantasy-elements/

I also saw an article on PSLS saying it might be a FPS/Action game

so it could go either way. Sony should just have Planetside 2 pre-installed or something lol

Sony and MS could probably rely on 3rd parties for launch for the most part. I'm sure there'll be a healthy amount of games from 3rd parties, along with one or two 1st party titles (from GG, maybe Turn10, etc). I highly doubt Uncharted 4 comes out before 2014, if that's what ND is even making.

Reiko

Banned
Sony and MS could probably rely on 3rd parties for launch for the most part. I'm sure there'll be a healthy amount of games from 3rd parties, along with one or two 1st party titles (from GG, maybe Turn10, etc). I highly doubt Uncharted 4 comes out before 2014, if that's what ND is even making.

I would love to see a gameplay demo. No CG shenanigans.

Massa

Uncharted took less than 3 years from scratch with a max of ~75 employees. On new (unique) hardware and a new IP. My money is on Nov '14 for the next Uncharted team game at the latest.

I'm hoping for an Uncharted game on the Vita in 2013 and one on the PS4 in 2014.

Top Bottom