• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vice President Mike Pence Met Privately With Top Russian Cleric

You'd think that anyone smart would maybe hold off on all the Russia stuff during a Russia probe and the firing of the dude investigating the Russia probe at the FBI, plus the house and senate committees too. You. Would. Think.

Yeah. This is very stupid. Pence is going to be the establishment GOP man taking over when Trump crashes out of the White House over the next few months. He needs to keep himself squeaky clean of all Russia stuff.

If Trump is smart, he should try to tangle Pence up with Russia as well. So that if Trump goes, Pence goes too. That would ensure his loyalty

Yeah. This is very stupid. Pence is going to be the establishment GOP man taking over when Trump crashes out of the White House over the next few months. He needs to keep himself squeaky clean of all Russia stuff.

If Trump is smart, he should try to tangle Pence up with Russia as well. So that if Trump goes, Pence goes too. That would ensure his loyalty

If Trump goes, Pence is right behind him.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

If it does reach a point where Trump leaves office, either on his own accord or not, you can be certain there will be an even more severe microscope on every single member of his remaining administration team and appointees. The investigations won't just stop, but will likely be amplified even further.

So in return we should persecute Muslims in our own countries?

so your rationel is to do nothing about minorities getting wiped out by ISIS?

I don't trust Russia's true intent nor Trump's but I also don't understand the train of thought of some on the Left in the US who dismiss ethnic clensing happening in Iraq and Syria where Yazeede and Christian populations are being thinned out and de-populated

I'm starting to feel like people think every meeting with Russia is directly related to this conspiracy.

You do know that as the executive branch you often have to meet with people, right?

I'm starting to feel like people think every meeting with Russia is directly related to this conspiracy.

You do know that as the executive branch you often have to meet with people, right?

1. If this is just a common meeting, why was held in private.

2. It's a pretty commonly known fact that the Orthodox Church is involved with Putin on several levels, so it's not like this is some huge jump

No, but don't pretend that Christians aren't specifically targeted by groups like ISIS

No one is overlooking that, but unlike places like Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, etc. I have some agency to affect how minorities are treated in the country I live in.

And we have a refugee program for this exact reason, to help persecuted minorities escape. Christians also arent the only group being targeted - they are also killing Shia Muslims, Kurds, Bahai's, atheists, and anyone else who isn't a Sunni Muslim. Where is the sympathy for the people that don't have the same beliefs as you do?

no, but don't pretend that Muslims aren't the main victims of islamist extremism.

when did I say that or even hint at this?

No one is overlooking that, but unlike places like Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, etc. I have some agency to affect how minorities are treated in the country I live in.

And we have a refugee program for this exact reason, to help persecuted minorities escape. Christians also arent the only groups being targeted - they are also killing Sunni Muslims, Kurds, Bahai's, atheists, and anyone else who isn't a Shia Muslim. Where is the sympathy for the people that don't have the same beliefs as you do?

say what now? I hope you're not referring to ISIS

rackham

Banned
no, but don't pretend that Muslims aren't the main victims of islamist extremism.
No one is pretending that but christians are targeted first. Muslims being the main victims is because of their population size in the Middle East. They're not the main targets though.

Hell, I don't like pence or trump but is the hate for them going to cause people to deny truths just because it came from their mouths?

tbm24

when did I say that or even hint at this?
You have to agree that pushing to acknowledge the persecution of Christians by ISIS and then not caring that ISIS has been enacting genocide against Muslims first and foremost at the same time is disingenuous to me. Not that you are doing that specifically, but Pence/the Trump admin are.

You have to agree that pushing to acknowledge the persecution of Christians by ISIS and then not caring that ISIS has been enacting genocide against Muslims first and foremost at the same time is disingenuous to me. Not that you are doing that specifically, but Pence/the Trump admin are.

I agree with what you're saying, but why are we making a big deal out of a Christian Cleric who is focusing on Christians? that's to be expected

tbm24

I agree with what you're saying, but why are we making a big deal out of a Christian Cleric who is focusing on Christians? that's to be expected
I'd argue a Christian Cleric should focus on all people rather than Christians when it comes to suffering but I know all too well how full of shit religious leaders can be/have been.

I hate and distrust the Trump administration as much as the next guy but this doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Just part of diplomacy. This stuff happens.

Save the outrage for something real.

I hate and distrust the Trump administration as much as the next guy but this doesn't seem like that big of a deal. Just part of diplomacy. This stuff happens.

Save the outrage for something real.

1. If this is just a common meeting, why was held in private.

2. It's a pretty commonly known fact that the Orthodox Church is involved with Putin on several levels, so it's not like this is some huge jump

?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I will never understand how the most predominate religion in the US claims to be persecuted. Meanwhile, their god is on our money, plastered all over our government buildings, in the pledge, in the national anthem, and so many other instances.

Get the fuck outta here with this persecution nonsense. It's a huge insult to people around the world who ARE persecuted. Fuckin snowflakes.

Also this dumbass administration wonders why people won't quit talking about Russia when nearly the only people they talk to are Russian. Seriously how many meetings with Russians can they cram into this week?!

leroidys

Based on the description of what was talked about, and how Pence is very open about his religion, I don't think this is some scandal
I don't necessarily disagree, but for context the Russian Orthodox Church is basically an official arm of Putin's government, and is legendarily corrupt.

I don't necessarily disagree, but for context the Russian Orthodox Church is basically an official arm of Putin's government, and is legendarily corrupt.

Not to mention it comes at a time when the Trump administration is under investigation for Russian ties lol.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

And we have a refugee program for this exact reason, to help persecuted minorities escape. Christians also arent the only group being targeted - they are also killing Shia Muslims, Kurds, Bahai's, atheists, and anyone else who isn't a Sunni Muslim. Where is the sympathy for the people that don't have the same beliefs as you do?

What do you mean? Where's the sympathy? The whole world is abhorred by the way ISIS goes for everyone who does not belong to their faith.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I don't get that impression at all.

What are you trying to say here? That the world is not abhorred by what ISIS is doing to minorities in the regions they've conquered? That some parts of the world actually applaud their actions? That the west is only abhorred by the persecution of Christians? Or that Sunni Muslims don't give a fuck what happens to non Sunnis?

Top Bottom