• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | November 2013 | Tearaway into a new world

RalchAC

Damn. I really like Persona 4's OST. Do they sell P4G OST?

I got stuck listening to Naoto's dungeon theme besides really getting stuck because I can't find that damn keycard.

Yes, they sell it. You can import if from Play-Asia and other usual suspects.

Show off :p :p :p

Mist and Almighty, Mist and Almighty, Mist and Almighty, Mist and Almighty.

It's soundtrack is totally awesome. My favorite dungeon song is Heaven, both Time to make history and Reach out to the Truth are some of the best battle themes I've heard, the boss battle theme is incredible too.

And I drop a tear everytime I hear Never More (the ending theme).

...assuming that they consider Vita's userbase important :p

Really, different situation altogether here. They might assume several things: (1) Vita's userbase is not that many anyway to matter; (2) Borderlands 2 is an old game and those who want to play it in the first place already played it elsewhere; (3) only a small handful of people will buy Borderland 2 Vita anyways, most because of the combination of reasoning (1) and (2).

Which, to be fair, is not really that outrageous of an assumption :p

Well, people that usually use the Internet for backslashing is anything more but a vocal minority. It's true that in other cases (like the #PS4noDRM campaign) other people outside GAF and other forums started twitting after they knew what was happening. But thousand dudes can make anything trending topic is they want.

jonno394

Started Sonic and Allstars Racing Transformed, really enjoying it so far. Playing World Tour and the way each lap seems different is really good to make me not get bored, but man, i'm having to race on C class, the other classes just kick my ass.

Acid08

Banned
Yes, they sell it. You can import if from Play-Asia and other usual suspects.

It's soundtrack is totally awesome. My favorite dungeon song is Heaven, both Time to make history and Reach out to the Truth are some of the best battle themes I've heard, the boss battle theme is incredible too.

And I drop a tear everytime I hear Never More (the ending theme).

Well, people that usually use the Internet for backslashing is anything more but a vocal minority. It's true that in other cases (like the #PS4noDRM campaign) other people outside GAF and other forums started twitting after they knew what was happening. But thousand dudes can make anything trending topic is they want.
Yeah, Heaven is an amazing song. Dat chorus.

Number45

I have a dilemma. I want to support any third parties that publish games for the Vita, but I don't want to buy Borderlands 2 again. What is everyone else doing about this situation?
I get around these problems by not buying games for platforms other than the Vita.

Novocaine

Started Sonic and Allstars Racing Transformed, really enjoying it so far. Playing World Tour and the way each lap seems different is really good to make me not get bored, but man, i'm having to race on C class, the other classes just kick my ass.

The AI cheats on A class so bad. Be ready for rage.

Novocaine

The events are manageable so far on A Class, but the races......im hoping by the end of doing every race on C class i'll have mastered the controls enough to be able to do the higher class races.

Yep, the events are fine. Even B class isn't that bad, but A class is a whole new level. And I thought Mario Kart was bad.

Tsunamo

AI on A class in All-Stars Racing isn't as bad as Mario Kart at least. So many first place finishes lost due to one blue shell that ruined the race for me. :(

With that said though they still are quite difficult, it usually takes me 3-6 trys before I manage to win against them in a race.

Edit: I guess Novocaine's had better Mario Kart expirences than I have :p

Edgeward

At least there is no heavy reliance on items. If you wanna win, you need to be good. Period. No blue shell will save and destroy you here/

Novocaine

Nope. I'm not sure who the girl in Edgeward's avatar is but mine is Seung-yeon from Kara.

So yeah, I've been playing Flower, and it's a beautiful game. But does anybody else have problems with the controls? Using gyro aiming the pitch up/down seem wonky, and I have no idea how to use the touch controls. I have a feeling the gyro in my Vita is faulty because I've had this problem before. Or maybe it's just me sucking ass at tilt games. I might download the PS3 version and see if it's any different there.

killatopak

Gold Member
Nope. I'm not sure who the girl in Edgeward's avatar is but mine is Seung-yeon from Kara.

So yeah, I've been playing Flower, and it's a beautiful game. But does anybody else have problems with the controls? Using gyro aiming the pitch up/down seem wonky, and I have no idea how to use the touch controls. I have a feeling the gyro in my Vita is faulty because I've had this problem before. Or maybe it's just me sucking ass at tilt games. I might download the PS3 version and see if it's any different there.

You could try testing it first in Welcome Park if it really is broken.

Omerta

Last night I went from playing GTA VC Stories to Sonic Racing... It was like that scene from the Wizard of Oz where it goes from black and white to colour!

GTA VC Stories is where the jaggies go to die.

Omerta

I can't use the touch controls either... Slowly getting my head around gyro but I hear you!

krrrt

What are the chances of muramasa, dragon's crown and soul sacrifice showing up as ps+ games in the near future for EU?

Tanks and moe? Huh.

This will never get a localization, won't it.
Of course it will, as soon as you import it

Fair point.

Except you're implying people haven't played Borderlands 2.

Such people shouldn't exist.

I feel like I keep disappointing you every day :(

Is no one else worried about gearbox pulling another Aliens Colonel Marines with BL2 Vita? Seems like the same kind of setup where they're being paid to make a game they don't necessarily want to make.

They aren't handling the port, sony hired a studio (don't know which)

killatopak

Gold Member
What are the chances of muramasa, dragon's crown and soul sacrifice showing up as ps+ games in the near future for EU?

I dunno about the Vanillaware games but I think Soul Sacrifice has a good chance.
They aren't handling the port, sony hired a studio (don't know which)
Tapehara pointed it out earlier that it was Iron Galaxy Studios,the creators of Divekick, is the one overseeing the port.

Manac0r

Damn am I spoiling my Vita this Christmas. Several new games, 64gb card and now just ordered the PDP trigger grips (official) but am now hearing they peel back the Hori Screen Protector! Can we confirm this? Anyone using this combo?

Tizoc

Is Epic Mickey 2 worth a play or is it awful?

iF YOU're on EU PSN, there's a PSX Mickey game that's bonkers hard, but is a decent platformer overall. It's 50 Hz however.

Speaking of which, the only Disney game I have is Hercules since it was my first PSX game. Tempted to get Tarzan if it ever goes on sale, I also liked that as a kid.

killatopak

Gold Member
Speaking of which, the only Disney game I have is Hercules since it was my first PSX game. Tempted to get Tarzan if it ever goes on sale, I also liked that as a kid.

One of my favorite games as a kid. I love skidding on trees and collecting fruits!

Omerta

DLC to be...sold?

I mistakenly thought Delta was an "expansion" of sorts but it seems it's a stand alone release.

Whoops.

Incidentally, under the "new content" section of the game's wiki page it states that the game will feature "lots of new content".

Love those details.

killatopak

Gold Member
I mistakenly thought Delta was an "expansion" of sorts but it seems it's a stand alone release.

Whoops.

Incidentally, under the "new content" section of the game's wiki page it states that the game will feature "lots of new content".

Love those details.

Basically it's a Ragnarok ACE situation.

Velcro Fly

I hope it's normal to be dying a lot. I find myself going the trial and error route. My deaths fall into a few basic categories:

1. I fail to execute the plan. I somehow mechanically don't do what I know I'm supposed to do correctly. Whether that is bump into a door and alert enemies or just flat out mess something up in combat.

2. I get impatient and just rush. Sometimes I want to be the speedrun hero and knife like 5 people to death in seconds. It's fun but risky and oftentimes I die at the end.

3. Something happens that I don't expect. It seems random sometimes that a dog or a gun carrying hostile will manage to sneak into a hallway and ambush me when I least expect it.

4. Trial and error stuff. I get past a previous snag only to find myself in a new situation that I'm not quite sure how to handle. Sometimes it goes good. Sometimes it doesn't. But often times I can at least glean a little information on how best to handle things.

Overall the game is very fun and something I'm really enjoying on my Vita as opposed to playing it elsewhere.

Day 1 of PS+ is a success!

killatopak

Gold Member
I hope it's normal to be dying a lot. I find myself going the trial and error route. My deaths fall into a few basic categories:

1. I fail to execute the plan. I somehow mechanically don't do what I know I'm supposed to do correctly. Whether that is bump into a door and alert enemies or just flat out mess something up in combat.

2. I get impatient and just rush. Sometimes I want to be the speedrun hero and knife like 5 people to death in seconds. It's fun but risky and oftentimes I die at the end.

3. Something happens that I don't expect. It seems random sometimes that a dog or a gun carrying hostile will manage to sneak into a hallway and ambush me when I least expect it.

4. Trial and error stuff. I get past a previous snag only to find myself in a new situation that I'm not quite sure how to handle. Sometimes it goes good. Sometimes it doesn't. But often times I can at least glean a little information on how best to handle things.

Overall the game is very fun and something I'm really enjoying on my Vita as opposed to playing it elsewhere.

Day 1 of PS+ is a success!

Doors are your best friend.

Velcro Fly

Doors are your best friend.

Yeah I got the mask that lets me kill people with doors and it's hilarious. Helped me out a ton. Two enemies walking and I target the second and smash the first in the face with a door. Makes it really easy to kill multiple enemies at once without drawing much fire.

Edgeward

Just layout a plan that keeps you moving from kill to kill without much stoppage and keep at it. The randomness of enemy patrols will muck things up but usually whatever plan you think of will probably work with time and some luck. Only a few rooms in the later half is where I had to exercise caution

nicolajNN

I can't use the touch controls either... Slowly getting my head around gyro but I hear you!
My problem with the gyro controls is having the screen attached to the thing I'm rotating.

To use touch controls you have to switch to them first, this is done by pressing triangle in the menu/level select screen

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Yep, the events are fine. Even B class isn't that bad, but A class is a whole new level. And I thought Mario Kart was bad.

The harder difficulties in Sonic Racing Transformed are way easier than Mario Kart. Why? Because unlike Mario Kart skill is the most important factor. If you play well you'll probably win. It's more of a roll of the dice in Mario Kart. I feel much less screwed over when I lose in Transformed than I do in Mario Kart.

Anyway I'm getting back in the groove in Transformed now and I'd say my skill level is back up to where it was back when I was playing the PS3 version heavily. Only got a few A class events left to do in world tour now and then I'll attempt S class. God I love this game so much.

Novocaine

My problem with the gyro controls is having the screen attached to the thing I'm rotating.

To use touch controls you have to switch to them first, this is done by pressing triangle in the menu/level select screen

Yeah you have a point about the screen being attached. I tried the PS3 version and it felt much easier. The no idea on touch controls I meant I had no idea how they worked, but then I read the manual.
I should probably do that before I bitch next time :p

I know this goes against its "anti-game" agenda but I'd prefer Flower with 2 sticks

*ashamed*

Yeah I'm with you. I would probably enjoy it more. It's a very serene game and would probably benefit from it rather than getting frustrated with motion controls.

The harder difficulties in Sonic Racing Transformed are way easier than Mario Kart. Why? Because unlike Mario Kart skill is the most important factor. If you play well you'll probably win. It's more of a roll of the dice in Mario Kart. I feel much less screwed over when I lose in Transformed than I do in Mario Kart.

I feel the exact opposite. I could always get through Mario Kart providing I hit all the speed pads and turbo boosted every corner, but I'm doing that in some of these Sonic tracks and I'm still getting passed by AI karts. In the end it's not that big of a deal though, I've come to expect the AI cheating in kart racers to be the standard.

billsmugs

Is Epic Mickey 2 worth a play or is it awful?

I got it for free and enjoyed it, I don't know how much I'd pay for it but if it's on sale relatively cheaply then I would recommend it.

The game doesn't do a great job of explaining things which sometimes makes it seem like it's a worse quality port than it is (e.g. your AI companion sometimes seems to be ignoring a switch he has to deal with, but then it turns out that the switch just isn't needed/activated yet, or it's a new kind that's slightly different etc) and the frame rate does drop in a few places (I noticed it more around the start of the game) but the gameplay itself is good (better than Jak and Daxter or Jak 2 as a 3D platformer in my opinion).

If you like Disney's films and characters then that's a bonus (obviously), but I enjoyed the game despite disliking the aesthetics and art style. The story and the way some underexplained gameplay features might make more sense too if you've played the first game, I assume. (I haven't played it so I have no idea why Goofy and Donald Duck are hideous cyborg creatures for example, but I assume this is explained in the original!)

killatopak

Gold Member
I wish every game can implement a soft reset. It sucks when I do something I'm not supposed to and would have to either restart the game or wait for a long ass time before I can reload a save.

Top Bottom