• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Voidrunner - Gorgeous sci-fi flight combat, UE4, PC/Consoles/VR, 2016

lDAjW1h.gif

http://voidrunnerthegame.com/
War teaser
360 degree trailer for VR
Multiplayer trailer
2015 Cinematic + Gameplay trailer

Edit: the War teaser and VR footage are the more recent footage of the game

Voidrunner is an intense multiplayer flight game which introduces FPS controls to the flight genre in exotic, epic landscapes.
Voidrunner, developed by RealityArts and made in stunning Unreal Engine 4, Targeted for PC,MAC, Linux and next generation consoles, expected to be released in Steam Early Access on Q2 2016.
The visual design is one of a kind for a flying game as the whole design is being created like an RPG with incredible attention to detail for the psychedelic design of the Void.
Voidrunner also fully supports Virtual Reality systems.

- 11 game modes for both Single/Multiplayer from exclusives such as Destroy the Base, City Attack and Voidspace Attack to classics like Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch and Capture the Miner (Flag).
- Ship classes similar to RPG games. Players choose their classes (fighter, hunter etc.) and fight with their ships.
- Experience and Achievements system for character progression.
- Soundtrack by Siddhartha Barnhoorn (Antichamber, The Stanley Parable, Out There Omega

Can't really get excited for it yet. Watching the combat, it looks really twitchy and unnatural for a space combat game.

Will keep an eye on it though.

Stiler

That gif made me excited, then I watched a video of it and was immediately let down.

Physics, what are those?

The ships look less like they are flying and more like an fps game with -noclip turned on. This not only makes it look really twitchy but the sense of flying and the sense of "speed" completely goes out of the window.

Warhawk was a perfect example of an "arcadey" yet fun flying experience and that's what I was hoping for after seeing the gif in the op.

That gif made me excited, then I watched a video of it and was immediately let down.

Physics, what are those?

The ships look less like they are flying and more like an fps game with -noclip turned on. This not only makes it look really twitchy but the sense of flying and the sense of "speed" completely goes out of the window.

Warhawk was a perfect example of an "arcadey" yet fun flying experience and that's what I was hoping for after seeing the gif in the op.

Yup. Same impression from me.

valeo

'Look at all these pretty graphics in a game which has nothing else going for it'

That is my impression

Yeah that gif in the OP is misleading and it's only going to lead to disappointment lol. Still beautiful and it might end up a good game, but it's definitely not going to be the one in the gif. The single player stuff in the gameplay trailer reminds me of Star Fox more than anything.

please have singleplayer. Please don't force me into online mp deathmatch or at least have some kinda of PVE or bot or stuff please please please

iFirez

The 360 degree trailer they just posted (link in OP) shows how much the game has improved when you compare it to their other video content. The older stuff looks really rough but the more recent media content shows they've worked their butts off on this game, it is looking much better.

rainz

Sometimes, rarely, I open a thread and almost say oh my god out loud.. this was one of those times. Goddamn..

VR is going to be the Flight/Space sim renaissance

Holy fuck

EDIT: Just watched the Multiplay Trailer.. They really need to give the guns and engines some KICK

Not enough feedback in Sims these days

Make me FEEL bitches

hydruxo

Wow. I love when games like this just pop up seemingly out of nowhere. Some real diamonds in the rough out there.

Can't really get excited for it yet. Watching the combat, it looks really twitchy and unnatural for a space combat game.

Will keep an eye on it though.

Yeah that gif in the OP is misleading and it's only going to lead to disappointment lol. Still beautiful and it might end up a good game, but it's definitely not going to be the one in the gif. The single player stuff in the gameplay trailer reminds me of Star Fox more than anything.
The gameplay trailer was from mid 2015 when the initial KS failed, the meat of the game now seems to be the multiplayer

Also the War teaser and 360 VR trailer are the most recent footage of the game. Compare those to the MP and Gameplay trailers from last year

Dunno how to feel about the physics =/ feels more like people gunning down each other in a FPS with noclip on than dogfighting ships

gabbo

Looks like a beautiful looking mix of Rebel Assault style on-rails and space/flight sim action.
Will need more to truly start salivating.

kazegami

I have been waiting for this for ages. Besides, I feel kinda proud as it is made by a dev team from Turkey, here ^_^

Top Bottom