• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 - Gameplay Overview Trailer Released

PeteBull

All I can think of is that 100% it’s going to be downgraded to hell on console. Looks incredible if the actual game turns out this good.
They showing pc version so consoles that are about 3x weaker from current top gpu(4090, proof here, u can see how much stronger it is from "console grade 2080 https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-rtx-2080.c3224) .

And same way cpu wise, difference from 7800x3d which is top pc gaming cpu to console equivalent( so downclocked/less cashe zen2 archi r7 3700x) is humongous too(hard to find direct fps comparisions in cpu demanding games scenarios between those 2 cpus but we can easily find 3800x vs 7700x comparisions which shows us around 40-50% improvement, and 7700x to 7800x3d is another 15-25% imrpovement on top- again can only be showed in highly cpu demanding game/scenario, if u measure gpu-bound scenario it can be 0% difference ofc).

darth.shrimp

Gold Member
So between the various trailers, gameplay videos, and the leaked artbook, what kind of guns do we know about?

- bolt rifle and auto bolt rifle
- three types of bolt carbines
- heavy bolter
- assault bolter (the ones used by Inceptors)
- multiple types of bolt pistols
- multiple types of plasma incinerators
- plasma pistol
- melta rifle
- multi melta
- pyreblaster (Emperor, I hate this name)

- have we seen any of the weapons for the sniper class? I'd assume stalker bolt rifle, bolt sniper rifle, las fusil, maybe instigator bolt carbine?
- given there's already one Inceptor weapon, maybe we can expect plasma exterminators as well?
- the "heavy" class obviously will use the heavy bolter, and probably the melta weapons (they're wielded by Gravis-armoured marines as well). What about heavy bolt rifles?
- still hoping for a neo-volkite pistol :messenger_smirking:

For melee, I don't think we've seen much. Chainsword, power sword, thunder hammer... ? No way that's all we get...

diffusionx

Gold Member
Yeah fighting hordes of mindless enemies is gonna get boring fast, hopefully that's not like 50% or more of the game...
that kind of was the original Space Marine game, but it was so short it didn't get repetitive. Good game but needs to be a lot better to be successful today.

GymWolf

There are dozens of different tyranid models and they appear to be in the warp at some point as well so they should have loads of choices for enemies that are different
Yeah, i just hope that the mindless hordes don't take too much playtime of the campaign and the majority of time you fight less but more significant enemies.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Yeah, i just hope that the mindless hordes don't take too much playtime of the campaign and the majority of time you fight lesser but more significant enemies.
Agreed, the tyranid stuff will be lots of hordes stuff though for sure. That is their MO. Fingers crossed it is executed well.

This is the game I’ve been most excited for in years

Day 1. Finally some shit with some grit to it.

Looks like my GOTY

And, whats that? A REGULAR multiplayer mode? Not some GAAS trash? Just team deathmatch, and capture the flag?

DAY ONE

Huh?

This game is GaaS. And GaaS isn't a specific game design paradigm. It's a business model. You can have an exclusively SP pre-teen dating game that receives regular paid updates... it would still be GaaS.

darth.shrimp

Gold Member
Saw the new trailer - I have one concern: are there any actual intelligent enemies in the game or is it all hordes of bugs?
You'll also fight against Chaos Marines (Thousand Sons this time, with their Tzaangor and cultist allies, maybe daemons of Tzeentch too?). As to how "intelligent" they will be... :unsure:

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Warhammer 40,000 games have been so good as of late. It's really good to see them putting a lot of care into this franchise when it comes to the video gaming.

Top Bottom