• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs 2 - Hello World Teaser - World Premier on June 8th, 5PM

hemo memo

Gold Member
CkR6xFpWgAAbmQG.jpg:large

This was in the source code for the website, I shit you not.

Lol this is awesome.

dex3108

I think that they are announcing/showing game this early because Ubisoft usually puts that huge banner on the side of the LA Convention center (and it is usually Assassins Creed banner but this year there is no AC game) so they want to announce WD2 properly before they put that banner.

Akai__

You think anyone's gonna give a shit about Downgrade Dogs 2 with all the other games at E3?

The first game was one of the first current gen title to drop to $10 in a very short period of time.

Pretty sure it was the most successfull new IP for Ubisoft prior to The Division with like 8+ million copies sold. So yeah... Many people will care, especially if the issues and concerns are being addressed.

You think anyone's gonna give a shit about Downgrade Dogs 2 with all the other games at E3?

The first game was one of the first current gen title to drop to $10 in a very short period of time.
What does this have to do with anything? It shipped 8 million copies in two months. It was a financial success.

I wouldn't mind a link to that $10 price point in a 'very short period of time' anyways though.

usp84

According to his twitter his posts in the Ubi downgrade thread were too angry.

Lol that guy need to relax when it comes to ubisoft threads.

Anyway i hope this is good i never played the first game besides a few hours of the ps3 version

AdanVC

I wonder if this game is going to be on NX... Ubi is the only western publisher who supports Nintendo the most (at least on early Nintendo hardware launches).

KingJ2002

Worst phone UI ever.

Seriously.. i get what the idea behind it... but popping up a bunch of command line windows looks ridiculous.

unless the different areas on the touch screen opens up the CLI and runs specific programs to hack stuff.

yeah... that's gotta be it.

Ooooohhhhhhhhhhh

So the Ray Bans™ are like Google Glass? That's why he doesn't have to look at the phone?

I see you Ubi. I see you.

Setsuna

The only clothing options for Aiden Pierce were color swaps and worse looking coats

Alot of them were bad, but some were really good Ie. Spider tank, Alones, Madness, Vamp Cutthroat, Whiteout and Gecko which i switch out every now and then

Cautiously optimistic for this...

First one had solid TPS gameplay for an open world game, and the "hacking" element was a unique - albeit gimmicky - way to interact with the open world and provide a new dimension to approaching missions and other encounters.

Keeping my fingers crossed they can right the ship when it comes to the characters and plot, which is where the first game seriously struggled. A better licensed soundtrack wouldn't hurt, either, though they should bring back the guy who did the original score, which was on point.

Daingurse

I'm actually looking forward to this game. I enjoyed many things in the original Watch Dogs, including the on-foot movement and gunplay especially. Also, hacking people's shit to cause chaos, and judging npcs off their personal information never got old lol. The game not being shackled by last-gen hardware also excites me. I'm hoping they can polish the good concepts of the first game, and create a legitimately good sequel.

Just wish they had stuck with Chicago, they didn't do it justice in the first game.

Menitta

I'm excited! The first one had awesome open world mechanics. Hopefully the protag won't be a piece of shit with no personality.

Plum

Ooooohhhhhhhhhhh

So the Ray Bans™ are like Google Glass, right? That's why he doesn't have to look at the phone?

I see you Ubi. I see you.

Nah, the Ray-Bans are to show how cool he is. Hacked some poor dude's bank account to get those.

He can use his phone without looking at it because he's just that elite at hacking. I heard he can hack 5 Pentagons with only 10mb of RAM data.

Crazy thought - you can customize how your character looks like in every other open world game ever made from the last five years.

Like, come on people.

Crazy thought how would that matter Aiden still looked like Aiden. This clown will still look terrible. Ubi tries way too hard to be hip when it's clearly not working.

Cartho

Weird teaser but I'm still mildly interested. If they can pull off another Assassin's Creed 2 - i.e take a good concept which just wasn't executed very well and turn it into a truly excellent game then I'll be happy. WD had some good concepts and a great control system to boot - the third person movement and gunplay blew GTA V out of the water. They definitely need to improve the driving though.

Oh and ditch that iconic trench coat. Infact, throw Aidan Pierce off a bridge and pretend he never existed. Make the main character a female, of normal human proportions, who works in a post office.

Plum

Definitely looking forward to gameplay.

I'm not expecting too much but we've seen Ubisoft improve on mediocre first entries before so they might be able to do it here.

Not sure if this was intentional, but "print ('Hello World')" is usually used as the very first program computer science students make in their introductory course (mostly based on Python). I guess that's kinda cool?

Zukkoyaki

I'm legitimately excited for this! For all of its issues, the first Watch Dogs had flashes of brilliance and managed to be pretty stellar in terms of gameplay and mechanics. The gunplay, puzzles, and ability to approach missions in different/dynamic ways were all great. There's real potential here for an Assassin's Creed 2 level leap.

Top Bottom