• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wendy's updates signature burgers w/ new bun & updated mayo, brings back foil wrapper

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.brandeating.com/2016/02/wendys-revamp-signature-burgers-with-new-bun.html

Wendy's has updated their signature Dave's Hot 'N Juicy burgers with a new bun as well as a richer-tasting mayo. They've also simplified the name to Dave's Single.

The new bun is meant to be "lighter, fluffier, and hotter" to better showcase Wendy's burger patties. The new mayo is described by the company as "richer and fuller flavored."
The rest of the burger includes the patty made from fresh beef, lettuce, tomato, red onion, crinkle-cut pickle, and ketchup.

Food quality (or at least the perception of it) has taken the limelight at fast food chains lately. The move follows a recent change/upgrade by Jack in the Box of several ingredients including their buns. McDonald's also not-too-long ago made some changes to their ingredients, including slightly increasing the size of a Quarter Pounder patty and including butter (as opposed to buttery spread) on their English muffins and biscuits.

The new bun is also the standard for the rest of the chain's premium burgers and sandwiches (basically all burgers and chicken sandwiches except for the Jr. or value ones).

http://consumerist.com/2016/02/05/w...er-motto-for-something-deliciously-different/

The new burgers, dubbed Dave’s Single (Double, or Triple), is meant to be a throwback to the chain’s original recipe — complete with a new bun and foil wrapping — that customers found unique from other fast food restaurants.

wMuYIrM.jpg

realwords

I feel like Wendy's is one of the few tolerable fast food joints around. I'm eating low-carb, but I might take the buns off and call this a cheat meal this weekend.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Love Wendy's.

Unlike McFlop and Burger King, it tastes like actual food.

old

The double, no sauce, extra veg is my favorite. But I guess I'll try the new mayo.

crpav

I feel like Wendy's is one of the few tolerable fast food joints around. I'm eating low-carb, but I might take the buns off and call this a cheat meal this weekend.

Try the BBQ Ranch Chicken salad. It has been my go to item from them over the last year once I started counting my calories. I will say however lo carb is an old fad and all you really need is to stay under your daily calorie limit and stay away from the bad things like sugar and "bad" fats. I still ate bread, pizza, ice cream and other junk and am doing fine as long as I am under my calories and continue to exercise.

DOWN

Banned
I missed the foil so much and was so pleased to see it last week. Gives it a great steaming tenderness. Still pissed they have those potato skin covered fries that replaced the classic cut a few years back, but the burgers are fantastic for fast food prices.

Zoe

I stopped eating Wendy's regular burgers when they made them denser.

I still get the junior patties from time to time though.

Is this what they did in Canada a few years back or something different? They introduced a new bun then along with new pickles and maybe one or two other changes, made the burgers significantly better IMO. I don't remember mayo being changed though. Fucked up their fries at around the same time, unfortunately. . .

Riptwo

Is this what they did in Canada a few years back or something different? They introduced a new bun then along with new pickles and maybe one or two other changes, made the burgers significantly better IMO. I don't remember mayo being changed though. Fucked up their fries at around the same time, unfortunately. . .

They added butter to the buns and exchanged the foil wrapping for the bizarre wax paper sleeve in Canada.

DOWN

Banned
Oh, how much are they and how do they compare to Dave's Single and In N Out burgers? I might give Wendy's a shot.

I give the burger ranking as so:

1. In N Out
2. Shake Shack
3. Five Guys
4. Wendy's Single or Double
5. Smashburger

Wendy's and In N Out have nailed Fast Casual quality at fast food pricing.

They added butter to the buns and exchanged the foil wrapping for the bizarre wax paper sleeve in Canada.

Yeah, I kind of figure now that the restaurants' offerings cross-country are probably going to stay different for these kind of redesigns. Canadian and US places often differ in a variety of ways to begin with.

I think the paper makes the burgers less soggy though, so it has that going for it.

New002

I missed the foil so much and was so pleased to see it last week. Gives it a great steaming tenderness. Still pissed they have those potato skin covered fries that replaced the classic cut a few years back, but the burgers are fantastic for fast food prices.

Those fried truly are mediocre. I wish they would go back :(

I rarely eat a burger at Wendy's these days, usually opting for a spicy chicken sandwich, but I'm going to give these a shot for sure. I have always liked their burgers.

jblank83

the only good thing wendy has is the (double) bacon jr.

Spicy Crispy Chicken Sandwich
Frosties
Fries
Baked Potatoes
Chili
Frosties

Also all of their burgers, because the meat is good quality. Once upon a time the buns were always amazing too, but not as much last time I checked.

Regiruler

I miss their artisan roll buns.

Don't care for condiments (and most toppings) on burgers, so mayo means nothing to me.

Had a Baconater last week and noticed the bun was different, and it was wrapped in foil.

Thought it was a mistake they made, but I see now that it wasn't.

jwk94

You know I try that but Wendy's prep teams have none of it. Receipt says no mayo but the bun is caked with it. Now do I gamble and ask them for a new spit sandwich or suffer through a mayo glopped travesty.

Ask for no mayo and complain when they give you mayo.

You know I try that but Wendy's prep teams have none of it. Receipt says no mayo but the bun is caked with it. Now do I gamble and ask them for a new spit sandwich or suffer through a mayo glopped travesty.

that sucks, there's a number you can call if your order is not correct. That really works w/o them knowing it's you. lol

my wendy's around me is pretty good but i've gone to a few that are careless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom