• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What 3rd party port will Switch 2 launch with?

What 3rd party port is most likely at NS2 launch?

• Halo MCC

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Cyberpunk 2077

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • Final Fantasy 7R

Votes: 33 30.6%
  • Assassins Creed

Votes: 16 14.8%
  • Resident Evil 4R

Votes: 22 20.4%
  • Sea of Thieves

Votes: 15 13.9%
  • Mass Effect Trilogy

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters
While I never thought about it. I think Sea of thieves would wait a few months, due to install base.

But, if there is a Super SFVI coming, maybe the fighting game at launch is Killer Instinct? The Xbox one version would be way to port and MS is trying to revitalize it.

Another thought is Yakuza.

MrSec84

I definitely think Doom 2016 and Eternal will get Switch 2 native versions, I also expect Dark Ages to get a Switch 2 version, all 3 coming in 2025.

Most of the list of games mentioned in the poll will probably have Switch 2 versions at some point IMO.

UhOScOM.gif

Jesb

The switch 2 probably gonna have the problem of being a port machine for all the games last gen. I think a good problem to have though. The switch 2 might have the best launch in history if all the 3rd parties have been prepping ports.

Woopah

Assassin's Creed Shadow and Elden Ring at launch, plus a bunch of Capcom and SE stuff in the first months.

Woopah

The switch 2 probably gonna have the problem of being a port machine for all the games last gen. I think a good problem to have though. The switch 2 might have the best launch in history if all the 3rd parties have been prepping ports.
It will certainly have lots of ports, but I don't think it will be short of multiplats either.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Final Fantasy 7 Remake
Resident Evil 4 Remake
Horizon Zero Dawn + Forbidden West
Sackboy
Astro Bot

Ceadeus

Hopefully a version of Call of Duty.

Bops2 on WiiU had the most customizable controls of all console. You could either use the gamepad and customize the touchscreen layout, the pro controller,the Wiimote and even portable using the gamepad screen.

How could Activision skip the whole Switch generation anyone know?

COD

Where the fuck is COD?

How does Switch 1 not at least have some of the PS360 CODs? There are 150 million Switch owners. How the FUCK did they manage to never release COD on the Switch?

Honestly it's one of the biggest missteps any publisher has ever made
Crazy when you consider that the Wii U managed to get BLOPS 2 and Ghosts.

Beechos

I don't think switch 2 will be able to run cyberpunk. Maybe the original gimped version. Sea of thieves, re4r and domething from ubisoft seem to be the safest bets.

DKPOWPOW

FF7R could be the most successful candidate. Launching with a new Mario game (Kart or Platformer) + Metroid is a good combo. I would suspect in that situation Capcom is smart enough to release RE4R a Wii bit later, as the fan base for Metroid and RE4 overlaps a bit. Hopefully with some kind of extra features. It would be more logical to hit with Street Fighter VI.

Assassin’s Creed is probably coming too, not sure about the rest. MCC would be phenomenal on the Switch.

COD

Where the fuck is COD?

How does Switch 1 not at least have some of the PS360 CODs? There are 150 million Switch owners. How the FUCK did they manage to never release COD on the Switch?

Honestly it's one of the biggest missteps any publisher has ever made
It isn’t only COD, where is Madden? NHL?

My belief is Switch has a real problem with games that are 60FPs. I know FIFA was and so is Splatoon, MK, and Smash. BUT…the games are very RARE!

I don’t know, but my speculation is that it makes the Switch too hot, or does something to battery life. We will see though, i expect most games on Switch 2 to be able to run at 60 fps.

Example: EA FC (30 fps), NBA 2k ( 30 fps), MLB (30 fps), Overwatch(30 fps), PvZ (30 fps).

Top Bottom