• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are the best videogame themes/OST that feature acoustic guitar as a main instrument?

Nymphae

Banned
I'm pretty fond of the Everyday Shooter OST.

Love this intro track riff, here's level 1-3:

Level 4:

Level 5:

And my absolute favourite, So Many Ways. This is the XMB music when you have the game selected, and is the final track for the boss level. Just so fucking good.

I still just love how all of your actions subtly add to the soundtrack, even pressing up and down on the main menu allows you to sort of time out a little melody with the notes played when an item is selected. Really fantastic game all around.

Edit: :messenger_tears_of_joy: missed the acoustic bit. EDS still deserves the love for it's wonderful all guitar soundtrack.

Last edited:

Cattlyst

The Flame in the Flood has a great soundtrack, lots of acoustic guitars and some great vocals too. Was quite suprised to hear the music when I first started playing it.

Acoustic guitar might not really be the main instrument (you damn beautiful flute, you !), but its little sister probably makes up for it around 1:38. So TKO in favor of the strings.

zenspider

Smash Ulti and Chrono Cross have some great acoustic guitar led tracks. I’ll dig into it when I get home. Good thread!

Top Bottom