• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What exclusives will Xbox One have in 2017?

Floody

I do.

Well, it would not be a bona fide sequel. But it will wear the number 2 on its sleeve and it will be marketed as such. Think episodic content, repackaged as a full-blown sequel.

Well, I suppose Remedy will have to brake the long ass development cycle for their games, sooner or later.

GHG

Gold Member
The Xbox One will be discontinued in all territories apart from Latin America by then due to Sony's dominance.

So it doesn't really matter.

Halo 5: mid-series instalment like ODST/Reach
Forza 7
Fable 4
Ori & The Blind Forest 2

Meanwhile PS4 will have all the games we currently think are coming out in 2016.

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Scalebound, Crackdown, Sea of Thieves, Halo Wars 2 and ReCore. We already know too much about 2017.

AP90

Too early, Halos have 3 year dev cycles.

Halo Wars 1/2 (remaster/new), Sea of Pirates, ReCore
?
, Forza 7, Minecraft 2?

I anticipate Halo 6 to be announced 2017ish and released in 2018 fall or in the next console, as it falls in/around that timeline for 2019 for the next Gen console release IMO.

My thoughts are halo 6 being day one on next console and that gives them time to tweak the engine and ots port to the XB1.

Blobbers

Nothing. Everything.

latest

Outrun

Wow, this thread made my day...

And it is only 7am.

The OP is the very definition of concern trolling.

You say that certain games in 2017 could be crap? Well at this point all 2017 games could be awful....

Banned
I'm sure Microsoft has invested in some new IP for that year but it's so far out we won't hear about it until E3 2016 or gamescom 2016.

My predictions are:

Halo spinoff (think ODST or Reach)
Forza 7
New IP 1
New IP 2
New IP 3

Halo: Spartan 1337 by Platinum Games
Gears of War x Resident Evil
Blinx Returns
Microsoft Flight Presents: Banshee Simulator
Banjo Fourie: Nutzier and Boltzier
Minesweeper Kinect

my uncle works at nintendo

In 2017!?

Probably not very much. They cant keep releasing games that don't sell on a console that nobody will be buying :(

/s

No idea dude, no one knows. Heck, we don't even know there full lineup for 2016!

Lucreto

Forza
Gears
Crackdown
Halo Wars 2

Unless they get bored of this generation like the previous 2 generations there should be more.

Chris1

Forza 7
Crackdown 3
Halo 3 anniversary
Sunset Overdrive 2
I hope
Minecraft 2? Would be 3 years since the acquisition
New IP

Guerrilla

ShamePain - Bringing you only the most extreme in concern trolling

But seriously, there will be plenty.

Halo 5 - Elite Commander (Or some other spinoff)
Halo Wars 2
Sea of Thieves
Another Rare Game
Forza 7 (no question about that)
At least 2 yet unannounced games by non in house studios.
They will be fine...

If history has taught us anything. Forza, Halo, Fable, and some exclusive that will strike up some controversy (think Tomb Raider and Titanfall as past examples).

To me that has been part of MS's problem is that they are a little too predictable. Their biggest studios are set up to make certain games. Even a new promising studio (Black Tusk) was literally renamed to be a studio to make Gears of War games. If weren't interested in those franchises before, more entries likely won't change your mind. Their wildcards are Rare and Remedy, the latter likely won't release another game for like 5 years after Quantum Break.

Maybe others find strength in that though. Knowing that there will be a Gears of War every other year and Halo on the alternating and a Forza entry every year. With a dash of something else every once and awhile ( Sea of Thieves and Crackdown and Scalebound, some or all of which may slip to 2017).

Leflus

Hmm. It's way too early to predict stuff like this.

-Delayed 2016 game (My guess is either Sea of Thieves or Halo Wars 2)
-Forza Motorsport 7
-Halo spinoff project or Halo 3 Anniversary (Halo RPG please)
-State of Decay 2 (if it's not a 2016 game)
-New IPs
-New seasons of Killer Instinct and Fable Legends
-Hololens?
-Phantom Dust (?)

If history has taught us anything. Forza, Halo, Fable, and some exclusive that will strike up some controversy (think Tomb Raider and Titanfall as past examples).

To me that has been part of MS's problem is that they are a little too predictable. They're biggest studios are set up to make certain games. Even a new promising studio (Black Tusk) was literally renamed to be a studio to make Gears of War games. If weren't interested in those franchises before, more entries likely won't change your mind. Their wildcards are Rare and Remedy, the latter likely won't release another game for like 5 years after Quantum Break.

Maybe others find strength in that though. Knowing that there will be a Gears of War every other year and Halo on the alternating and a Forza entry every year. With a dash of something else every once and awhile ( Sea of Thieves and Crackdown and Scalebound, some or all of which may slip to 2017).

They are a bit predictable, but you are underplaying their (ostensible) line-up next year. It's primarily new IP.

Edit:
Unless they get bored of this generation like the previous 2 generations there should be more.

XG Xbox yes, 360 not so much.

Lettuce

What exclusives will any Console or PC have in 2017......answer, no one knows as we haven't had E3 2016 yet!!

OEM

Well, not really
2007- Halo 3
2009- Halo 3 ODST
2010- Halo Reach
2012 - Halo 4

(There will be another halo)

This is not true. Halo Reach started development right after Halo 3. There were two teams at bungie, one working on ODST and one on Reach. Same with Halo 4. 343 started working on H4 before Bungie shipped Halo Reach. Main Halo games have always had 3 year dev cycle. I don't see it changing. However we will see 1 more main Halo game on Xbox one for sure.

Halo 5 releasing this year, the next main installment won't be out until 2018 at the earliest.
Gear 4 releasing in 2016, a wildcard, could be crap for all we know so a Gears 5 is not a lock, but even then it won't be out until 2019 at earliest.
Quantum Break releasing 2016, so next Remedy project won't be out until 2022 at the earliest.
Forza 7 maybe? Depending on whether MS is happy with Forza 6 sales.
Crackdown is fairly low-key but could be a good demonstration for cloud computing if it plays anything like the demos.
Fable is doing god knows what, I don't think anyone is very optimistic about Lionhead's work anymore. At least Mulinex gave us grand promises that excited, even if he never really delivered on them.
So what's in the cards for the near future for MS, will 2017 just be a quite year?

What? How would anyone know an answer to this. It's still 2015, what is any platform holder doing in 2 years?

jelly

Halo Something.
Forza Something.
State of Decay Big Version.
Rare Pirate Game or a new game.
Lionhead doing something not Fable.

Seems okay.

What? How would anyone know an answer to this. It's still 2015, what is any platform holder doing in 2 years?

Yeah, I love my PS4 as much as the next guy, but the only things we know are coming to that system in 2017 are a few third-party titles that've been announced early (like FF7r, and in the US, I suspect DQ11 will be a 2017 game).

Top Bottom