• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Fall TV shows will you be watching? - 2014 Ver. + A Look at the New Fall Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I'll post my list

Returning:
Sleepy Hollow
Revenge
The Blacklist
The Originals
The Vampire Diaries
Arrow
Castle
Parenthood
The Walking Dead

New:
Flash
Constantine
Gotham

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Mysteries of Laura wasn't good, but I honestly didn't think it was terrible. The major problems were that the script had no idea what tone it wanted to strike, everything was exaggerated and cartoonish, the ADR (two examples are Messing's line in the intro shot where they're avoiding showing her face + the ADRed ohhh nooo whyyy type line when they find the perp--just dreadful) and virtual sets/chromakey were terrible. Some of the jokes were chuckle-funny, but the show leant on them as though they were laugh out loud and generally had this weird cheeky rebellious feel to it when the material didn't earn it. Like, when Messing's assistant tells her there's a 911 at Hillcrest or whatever, it's apparent from the first second they cut to her driving that they're referring to her kid's school and not an actual crime, and then they have the extended scene where she's at the school saying "What kind of twisted, sick individual would do this?" as she's examining the mess. That's not one tenth as clever as the show so obviously thinks it is.

The only other thing I think worth noting is the scene of Debra Messing in a bikini. On the one hand, the scene makes very little sense, and it reads as an obviously exploitative way to give the lead some sex appeal. So I think it comes off as shoehorned immediately. But on the other hand, she looks spectacular for 46 so I guess what I'm saying is that on the level they were going for, it worked.

I think if you want a cheeky cop procedural you'll probably watch Castle or maybe even Bones over this and beyond that I don't really think the home life angle has much to offer. Meh.

Sober

Yeah I thought at certain points it got a little too goofy for its own good. I don't mind a lighter tone cop drama, but Castle seems to be a prime example of how to do it right. They just need to dial it back or go full bore absurd to differentiate from the pack.

There's also a third season of The Genius, a Korean game show which starts in October. Anyone who doesn't mind subtitles should definitely check out the first series at least, it's easily one of the best game shows I've seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSyGJ8F5QhM

Looks like they changed the rules on garnets and death match so let's hope it's as good as season 1. In season 2 the bloc of guests from the entertainment business just kicked out the rest one at a time with the new games' rules helping them out a lot. The immunity idol was a terrible addition and it was never even used as the possibility of it being used was just as effective so Sangmin coasted to the finals easily.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Premiering today:

Downton Abbey - ITV - 9pm

60 Minutes - CBS - 7/6c

Madam Secretary - CBS - 8/7c

The Good Wife - CBS - 9/8c

Miss Marple - PBS - 9/8c

Mr. Pickles - Adult Swim - 12/11c

Squidbillies - Adult Swim - 12:15/11:15c

Vert boil

Finally finished the first season of Taxi Brooklyn. Shit-tier til the end.

They didn't fuck about in the finale but
having budget Anne Hathaway and Paulie Gualtieri as the big bads made the (potential) deaths highly amusing.

edit,

Just looked up Mr Pickles and the pilot is funny so far.

I'll give Gotham a shot, but don't expect much.

Stalkers looks like it may be okay. However, I'm awaiting Supernatural S.10 and the return of Resurrection.

tim.mbp

Anyone else watching Miss Marple? I'm a little saddened knowing this is likely the last three episodes we will see of Julia McKenzie's Marple and we got the last of David Suchet's Poirot earlier. End of an era. I am looking forward to see how BBC's offering turn out.

Vert boil

So Madam Secretary started last night,

dee15pa78.gif

So Mr. Pickles started last night,

The first episode was different that the pilot. It wasn't an ADD-fest like the pilot which is a negative. The crudeness was pared down a bit, nips were always visible under clothes in the pilot, not in the broadcast version. A little sanitised but still dirty.

So Madam Secretary started last night,

dee15pa78.gif

So Mr. Pickles started last night,

The first episode was different that the pilot. It wasn't an ADD-fest like the pilot which is a negative. The crudeness was pared down a bit, nips were always visible under clothes in the pilot, not in the broadcast version. A little sanitised but still dirty.
So was it good or not Vert? I HAVE TO KNOW!

Vert boil

Care to elaborate, what was so bad about it? Trying to determine if I want to give it a shot or not.

If you are coming to it looking for a top tier show like The West Wing then it will be completely disappointing. If you coming for a lighter show like The Good Wife then it might be acceptable. I don't like The Good Wife or its ilk, if you do then it's safe to ignore me.

In the realm of political shows it feels third rate. Politics isn't at the heart of the show, it was just shoddily draped over a pre-baked show. It beats you over the head with all of the political stuff and how perfectly moralistic Leoni is. The big bad machine trying to, and failing to stop her getting her way.

With politics just being the backdrop, a lot of the dialogue, poli-speak and scenes are only there because they have to be there. Which causes them to be unbelievable and in some cases, eye roll worthy.

Yep, it's only the pilot and everything will probably improved but I'm not going to watch any more so I'm not giving it the benefit of the doubt.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Premiering today:

The Voice - NBC - 8/7c - Two Hour Premiere

The Big Bang Theory - CBS - 8/7c - One Hour Premiere

Antiques Roadshow - PBS - 8/7c

Gotham - Fox - 8/7c

Saving Hope - CTV - 9pm

Sleepy Hollow - Fox - 9/8c

Scorpion - CBS - 9/8c

The Blacklist - NBC - 10/9c

Forever - ABC - 10/9c - Sneak Preview

POV: Koch - PBS - 10/9c

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Premiering today:

The Big Bang Theory - CBS - 8/7c - One Hour Premiere

Gotham - Fox - 8/7c

Forever - ABC - 10/9c - Sneak Preview
And I finally start watching new shows tonight (Red Band Society last week didn't count because I already watched the episode online). I'll probably jump onto Sleepy Hollow after the season ends and watch S1 and S2.

Few UK dates.

Justified Season 5 - Sky on Demand - Oct 1
Blacklist - Oct 3
The Walking Dead - Oct 13
Sleepy Hollow - Oct 15
American Horror Story - Oct 21

Gotham will be airing on Channel 5 next month, exact date hasn't been announced. Rumoured date for Agents of Shield season 2 is either Oct 10 or Oct 17, but nothing confirmed.

Arrow and Flash will be on Sky1, no confirmed date, but expect them to start within a two weeks of the US airdate.

The Knick also starts on Sky Atlantic next month. Leftovers just started on Sky Atlantic as well.

KraytarJ

Not much actually, The Walking Dead and Brooklyn Nine-Nine for sure. Otherwise I might check out Gotham and the Flash and I'll probably occasionally watch Modern Family. Of course there is also the follow-up to the majesty of:
Eo3N0uW.gif

jey_16

Banned
Scorpion wasn't too bad actually enjoyed it for some mindless fun. Gotham though, was disappointing but I'll stick with it for a bit longer

Vert boil

So Scorpion started last night,

The horror that was Michelle Obama's bangs claims another victim. ;(

Pretty laughable but I doubt a normal episode will be like that. I'll watch at least a few more solely because McPhee is in it.
When they pulled a Bad Boys 2 towards the end... ahahahahhaha spooningDeliciousShitIntoMyMouth.gif

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Premiering today:

NCIS - CBS - 8/7c

Finding Your Roots - PBS - 8/7c

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - ABC - 9/8c

American Masters: The Boomer List - PBS - 9/8c

NCIS: New Orleans - CBS - 9/8c

Person of Interest - CBS - 10/9c

Awkward - MTV - 10/9c

Chicago Fire - NBC - 10/9c

Faking It - MTV - 10:30/9:30c

ivysaur12

Banned

We [his wife and series star Casey Wilson] were making love, and I said, "Hey, I've got this idea for a show." She said, 'Hey, can't you finish making love first?' And then a minute and a half later, I pitched her the show. Well, really, it's based on my life with her and she's hilarious and would be my No. 1 choice no matter what. I'd never take advantage of that, but she liked the idea.

lolololololololol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom