• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What studio MS is closing next, share your predictions

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
How 34 fucking 3i has managed to survive despite the innumerable and costly fuck ups is still something to be marveled. 343i needs an orbital strike moreso than any other studio mentioned. And hopefully the blast takes out Undead Labs as well.

And it's so shit. A few years ago, this thread and all the names mentioned (like Obsidian, Double Fine etc) would have made me outraged and alarmed. But either the state of the industry, the shit games, or my gradual age-and-disappointment induced cuntification means I don't really give a shit and look forward to seeing the industry razed to the ground and hopefully see some decent renewal and rejuvenation where it's about gamers again and not some private equity / investments / DEI cunts trying to make a quick buck.

daTRUballin

Man, it's crazy how Rare has been owned by MS for 22 years now and yet they're still somehow trucking along. Every time MS closes another studio, people think Rare will be next and it never happens.

I mean, as a Rare fan, I'm very happy that they have a habit of surviving. I just feel bad for fans of other studios. Maybe I should be careful with my words and not jinx it......

TheTony316

Funny how we went from "who are they gonna buy next" to this.

Most likely Ninja Theory. They spent 6+ years on a 6 hour game that won't sell anything thanks to lack of marketing and Gamepass.

Last edited:

Kssio_Aug

I’d be worried about Obsidian and Ninja Theory.

Playground, Coalition and 343 are safe, although the fact that 343 is safe is hilarious.

Turn 10 need to deliver on the next Motorsport or I’d be worried about them as well.

Oh yeah, Initiative will be closed without ever releasing a game. Book it.
I was thinking precisely that. How can they chop down Tango, while 343 is practically unscratched ever since they assumed Halo and fucked up in every single attempt. It's beyond me to understand that.

Last edited:
Funny how we went from "who are they gonna buy next" to this.

Most likely Ninja Theory. They spent 6+ years on a 6 hour game that won't sell anything thanks to lack of marketing and Gamepass.
I really think it depends on the budget of the game. That's a lot of time, but it's also a small studio with very useful tech. If Hellblade II and Project Mara are both duds, they could become a support studio or be folded into another studio I guess.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I have a bad feeling bethesda is a realistic guess. Starfield bombed and they have nothing for years and years. What scares me is that to me its possible. So in this event microsoft kills bethesda and will hold the rights to fallout and elder scrolls so no one can carry it on.
Microsoft will kill other Zenimax studios to save Bethesda, their IP is still too valuable.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Obsidian, grounded is a great game but it hasent earned Microsoft 20 billion dollars in a week so naturally they must go.

I mean if they can close Tango they can literally close anyone outside of Mojang.

MikeM

Ninja Theory. Long dev time for Hellblade and I bet, because of GP, sales are gonna be terrible.

Top Bottom