• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What would your ideal game be?

An open-world style STG. you zoom around collecting different types of weapons to kill optional bosses in any order or style of your choosing. Every boss with every weapon type is viable, but your points scale based on the difficulty of that match.

Last edited:

Hudo

Gold Member
Command & Conquer 4 but continuing from where Tiberian Sun: Firestorm left off. I want to see how much more fucked up the earth can get. I want to see humanity pushed to the brink. I want to see what weird and alien Tiberium mutations they can come up with.
And I would also love for a Renegade-style game to be set in the same time frame.

Unfortunately, EA's Tiberium Wars retconned not only the art design and the nature of Tiberium itself, it also retconned a lot of things that were set up with Tiberian Sun.

Paasei

Some sort of heist game or a detective game, both designed to be immersive sims.

So for the heist game that would mean: You can plan it all yourself and also have to scout to make a plan. Find guard routes, posts, maybe if it's a bank apply for a job in the bank first to learn it's layout and so on. Then you can make a final decision if you are ready to commit the heist. Do you go in guns blazing? Stealth at night? Take hostages? Just kill everyone in sight? Frame it on someone else? All up to you.

Detective game would be the same but then obviously you could go undercover, find "rats" to squeel for you, be a good/bad cop during interviews, find evidence. Once you think you've got your suspect you can take him in. Do you kill him? Lure him into a trap? Storm his house? Whatever you want.

Basically the only limit is your own creativity.

Crayon

A street racing adventure that plays like gt and goes through an initial d like story.

You don't get a hundred cars in your garage or even get to drive what you want. You drive what the story gives you. The cars you get to drive should have all the quirks of the real ones and let you customize the interior.

I like messing with settings but in this game we don't want to get bogged down by that. Also want to o give a breather to those put off by setting up cars in sims.

So your character doesn't know a lot about that. You find people who understand cars better, and they can set your car a way that the playtesters found best on certain stages. The can even explain their theory behind the setup before you start.

So imagine that you are at a story junction where you have to leave your car at a garage to get suspension mods, and you have to borrow your grandma's station wagon. Then some shit happens and you have to race that fuckin wagon and win.

Then you get your car back from the shop and now it's got clunking spots ends from the coilovers and it vibrates more now and really seems like it's been changed and you can't wait to go try it. So you go for a Saturday midnight and maybe you run u bothered till you exit to map or maybe you get noticed by a new npc who can help you.

Anyway, you get the idea.

SHA

Idk, something like resident evil stretched to 40+ hours without sacrificing anything that withhold it's name.

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Gold Member
Yes yes, one of my inspiration is shadowrun on snes, but i want to create one that using FFVII style world as basis, the original one i mean. I think old FF7, in midgar arc only, disc one before world map, is one of the best arc in jrpg. Gritty yet still had sillyness and not to grim city. Quite realistic at the time. I also like resonance of fate, gave me ff7 midgar feels, in other style. I think the game i wants is like combination of yakuza+ff7+ff8+ff15+bioshock+shadowrun and not to silly usual anime. More to seinen, like gachiakuta or cowboy bebop with magic. Especially of magic is fused well with society like ff12 (in some degree, if all, they are more to starwars with full fused magic) or shadowrun hongkong but with not so grim world. I was fan of the order 1886, but dissapointed with the gameplay is not wide, i want to make longer ther order if i can, or if i had budget.
Another one i just remembered is Anno Mutationem, though guns are just part of the arsenal. Game got some dislike at release so it didn't gain much notoriety, but it seems the devs improved on many of the things people complained.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Party-based ARPG with an open-world, full of shit to find and quests to do, with many deep dungeons to dive into and providing a good challenge, requiring good preparation and good combat skills.

Dragon's Dogma 2 got pretty close, but failed at the dungeon and challenge departments.

Guilty_AI

Gold Member
Party-based ARPG with an open-world, full of shit to find and quests to do, with many deep dungeons to dive into and providing a good challenge, requiring good preparation and good combat skills.

Dragon's Dogma 2 got pretty close, but failed at the dungeon and challenge departments.
Reminds me a bit of Crosscode, though the party members didn't have much of a presence in combat despite being interesting as characters.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Reminds me a bit of Crosscode, though the party members didn't have much of a presence in combat despite being interesting as characters.
Oh really? I've had that one on the backlog for the longest time, guess I'll try and play it sooner rather than later.

Guilty_AI

Gold Member
Oh really? I've had that one on the backlog for the longest time, guess I'll try and play it sooner rather than later.
Pretty good combat and really fun to explore, dungeons are also great. Nice story and characters too.

That said, like i mentioned earlier, although you can and will be partying up with characters (can't enter dungeons with them unfortunately) there isn't much thought behind party formations or anything like that. You end up having them there more for the story and the banter.

Wildebeest

A space science fiction game set in something like the Traveller universe with a bridge command spaceship simulation and planets to explore in a top-down Fallout style with turn based combat, including vehicles and mechs.

IAmRei

Another one i just remembered is Anno Mutationem, though guns are just part of the arsenal. Game got some dislike at release so it didn't gain much notoriety, but it seems the devs improved on many of the things people complained.
ah i see, thanks for the info. reminds me to gemini rue tho.

don-mika

Neo Member
a7HyrhB.jpeg

but, unfortunately, we got complete opposite of it

Belthazar

Big seamless world with no loading screens, presented in an isometric camera and graphics reminiscent of Breath of Fire IV. With multiple cities and dungeons to explore, all with unique bosses, quests, treasure to go after in any order you'll want, with the game accommodating for it. All of that while also being turn-based (PS1 jrpg style) and with no level scaling whatsoever, if you want to go in a direction you'll have to deal with the monsters there in the level they are or just go back after you're stronger/better equipped.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Loki game could thrive following the tv series and honor platforming I think that would be interesting, another would be a socom game replacing the seals team with army soldier killing machines set in Syria.

cireza

Personally I would really love a new Shining Force entry in the same vein as III on Saturn. Everything about it was excellent.

Here is the fine tuning I would do :
- have two promotion choices for each character (maybe one at level 10, and another at level 20)
- back to having 30 characters and a more expansive world with more battles (like Shining Force II)
- keep the blacksmith and mithril, but have the player choose the weapon and maybe unlock better weapons in later towns
- keep the friendship feature to have characters boost each other, but never put any social event shit in the game of course
- slightly more difficult game
- keep mastering of weapons by type, and avoid have weapons that are redundant (too close to being the same), like the Swords and the Blades. Make each type worth it in a way, depending on your play style
- maybe, but not too sure about, have a few skills that push the enemy one square behind or to the side
- avoid unpredictable events in battle as much as possible
- keep the excellent political/military background

So overall, only minor changes. The formula was close to perfect back then.

Geometric-Crusher

"Nintendo games are like indies, and worth at most $19" 🤡
a drama game all inspired by Doom Metal songs, Shenmue-style gameplay, the entire game would take place in just one neighborhood. It would be a Shenmue with metalheads.

Kindjal

I would love a remaster of PSO with current graphics and less stiff animations, but with the same "timing combo" combat structure.

I'd also like them to keep all of the maps from the 1st PSO, the GC version and Blue Burst (I believe BB had them all), but streamline the progression so they don't appear as different games, but just as one continuous thing.

It would be great if they were able to implement offline and online modes with the same character (as it was on DC) and also cross-play and cross-platform progression.

Holammer

A Star Wars Point and click game, in a similar vein to Monkey Island/Fate of Atlantis/Full Throttle, broken up with possibly some X-Wing/Tie Fighter sections....
In retrospect, I'm actually a little bit surprised Lucasarts never did a Star Wars game in this style. Make it in 320x200 with VGA & midi sound and charge 20 bucks for it.

Put the guy behind this pitch on it.

Zannegan

Gold Member
Metroid Prime mixed with a dash of Red Steel 1 & 2 + Robo Recall.

Effectively a motion controlled evolution of Prime 3: Corruption.

As happy as I am about getting Prime 4, I'm unsure if the twin stick fools won.

As I had envisioned years ago, a Metroid game that evolved the combat mechanics of Prime 3.

Imagine the grapple beam being used as a full force weapon during combat, latching onto enemies, throwing them in the air, then dashing upwards and raining plasma beam shots upon your enemies, perhaps even combo into screw attack and finish with a power bomb.

The possibilities are endless.
Well, if Nintendo ever makes a VR play, you can bet on something like this.

JRPG with Star Ocean Battle System or if it goes turn based, Trails Battle System

Music is as great as Chrono Trigger or Xenogears

Plot as good as all the Trails games

Cast as good as the ones in the Trails games

Graphics like SaGa Frontier II or if it goes full 3D, Graphics like Xenoblade Chronicles and the characters are fully cellshaded

Exploration like the Trails games

Basically Trails

With even more sexy female fanservice

Trails

Last edited:

custardbun01

Neo Member
Ghost of Tsushima, but in Kyoto and surrounds, super detailed city, as one of the Shinsengumi, in the lead up to the Meiji restoration.

AJUMP23

A space combat war game where online players work together in a war. Wing commander style game with me and my buds flying around fighting enemies.

Inspector Q

First let me get the one that is now literally impossible out of the way: Konami funds a Suikoden 6 (or at least a Suikoden 1 remake) lead by Yoshitaka Murayama. Unfortunately, Murayama has now passed away so this is no longer a possibility. Also, Fuck Konami.

Now for a few that SHOULD be possible based on the Final Fantasy IP:

1. A fully budgeted Final Fantasy Tactics Remake or Sequel. Still confused why the original never got a legitimate followup. One of the best games ever made...

2. A Musou style game based on Final Fantasy. I used to love the old Dynasty Warriors games, but fell off a LONG time ago. Koei seems to put as little effort (and money) as possible in their games and it clearly shows, but that doesn't mean I don't like the IDEA of Musou style games. Having tons of characters and stages to unlock is always appealing to me as long as the gameplay is fun. Final Fantasy in particular has tons of iconic characters that would have vastly different playstyles to mess around with. Tons of enemies to choose from as well. Seems like a match made in Heaven so it will probably never happen.

3. Similar to above, I feel like Final Fantasy would be an amazing option for an Arc System Works fighting game. I see something like Granblue Fantasy Versus and I am like...wow, that looks cool, but it would be fucking NUTS if it was based on an IP that I actually knew, lol. Just picturing some of the iconic FF characters brought to life in those amazing Arc Sys graphics is crazy to think about.

Now for some fantasy land bullshit that will never happen...a couple of ideas based on Warhammer Fantasy. 40K is awesome, but man...my first love was Warhammer Fantasy. Such a cool setting ripe for exploration. Total War is cool and all, but I want something a bit different. Two that immediately come to mind:

1. Ubisoft (yeah, I said Ubisoft) should come out with a sequel to a forgotten little gem that came out a few years back....For Honor. However, the sequel should be based on Warhammer Fantasy. For Honor has some amazing looking characters so they seem like they would be capable of bringing the sick designs of Warhammer Fantasy to life. They also have this amazing animation system in place that allows you to have two characters that are absurdly different in size fight each other and not make it look ridiculous. So you would be able to have a Chosen of Khorne fight a Witch Elf and make it look believable. Anyway, For Honor seems to have been put on a skeleton crew for the past few years and seems to be the only IP Ubisoft refuses to milk to death with endless sequels. We will have Far Cry 17 before we get a single For Honor sequel.

2. So when I play RDR2 I can't help but be amazed at the world they created. Just an amazing achievment from a technical standpoint. Of course, then I get thinking...man, imagine if these guys were put on something like a Fantasy IP? So that brings me to the crazy idea of Rockstar working on a Warhammer Fantasy game. Basically, creating a living, breathing Altdorf from the ground up along with it's surrounding environs. Maybe add Sylvania for some Vampire action. This will NEVER happen, but a man can dream, lol.

TLDR: Fuck Konami

Ian Henry

A 3D Metroidvania Beat Em Up game with some Sandbox elements set around the mid 70s - Early 80s. Aesthetics and world wise inspired by the movies The Warriors(1979) , The Deadly Art Of Survival(1979), Disco Godfather(1979), Wild Style(1982), and The Last Dragon(1985). You play as this 4 man fighting crew who build their way within the underground fighting circuit. However, as they ascend, problems and adversities continue to persist.

Last edited:
Top Bottom