• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the most amount of games in a series you've completed?

BossLackey

Gold Member
I'm currently working my way through all of the mainline Castlevania games as I had never played the handheld ones, regrettably.

Another series I started doing this with is Mega Man and it got me thinking about this topic as that's a LOT of games.

For me I guess it would be the Resident Evil series. If you count remakes, it would be at 11 or 12 I believe. But I know others on GAF are gonna blow this outta the water.

So what's your most played series and how many have you completed?

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Yakuza, specially if the spin-offs like Judgment or Ishin count. There are about 11 or 12 games, loved them all.

Zelda and Mario are probably pretty close.

I've played up to Final Fantasy 13 before washing my hands of the series.
Far Cry 1-6

I can't think of anything else beyond 4.

Edit-Half life and it's add ons Blue Shift, Counter Strike, Portal 1-2 and so on. and recently Alyx.
Oh yea and the Fallout Series.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I've beaten all 17 mainline Zelda games. 22 if you include the two Four Swords titles and some remakes.

About 13 Marios, 11 Pokémons with remakes, 11 Resident Evils, 8 Metroids.

Last edited:

Dazraell

Gold Member
Assassin's Creed probably? I've played all of the games up to AC Origins, with Ezio Collection and 3 Remastered and some spin-offs

Last edited:

Zannegan

Erm... Zelda maybe? I've beaten 7 or 8 of those.

Runners up might be Halo, Mario, or the Iga Castlevanias. They're all around 4 to 5 entries.

EDIT: Forgot Pokemon because it's been more than a decade since I actually bothered to complete one.

Last edited:

Stainless

quick check on my completed log says
11 Call of Duty games
10 Ratchet and Clank games
5 Uncharted Games (I started but eventually quit golden abyss, vita one)
Several games with 3-4 entries completed

StueyDuck

I'm currently working my way through all of the mainline Castlevania games as I had never played the handheld ones, regrettably.

Another series I started doing this with is Mega Man and it got me thinking about this topic as that's a LOT of games.

For me I guess it would be the Resident Evil series. If you count remakes, it would be at 11 or 12 I believe. But I know others on GAF are gonna blow this outta the water.

So what's your most played series and how many have you completed?
If we talking Mainline series only then final fantasy.

Barring 11. Which wasn't really available to me at release but 1 -> 16 plus the "sequels" so X-2 and 13 - 1/2

Skifi28

Gold Member
I was recently on a quest to finish all Kingdom Hearts games. Now that I'm done I upped the challenge to finishing all trails game which is going to take a while.

Blindy

I think Pokemon actually

Pokemon R/B/Y
Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal
Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2
Pokemon Snap
Pokemon TCG
Pokemon Puzzle League
Pokemon GEN 6-9

Still have more to go but it's surprising how much I have finished, going back to me playing this series as a kid.

If you count the whole Yakuza series and the spin offs as 1 series then that's the longest series. If not then it's the Legend of heroes games.

Robb

Gold Member
Has to be Zelda or Mario. Not sure on the number, but I’ve completed like 95% of the mainline games in both.

Last edited:
Mario: 1-3, World, 64, Galaxy, Mario Land 1-3, Wario Land 1-3, and probably a few others I'm forgetting.

Zelda: 1, 2, Awakening, Ocarina, Majora, the ocean one that I'm forgetting because I hated it, and Twilight Princess.

Dragon Quest: 1-4, 6, 11, and Swords

GymWolf

Gold Member
Mgs or resident evil most probably.

Ff is probably up there but i wasn't able to finish most of the dogshit ff games after ff9.

FeralEcho

Resident Evil the most with 11 or something like that

Other candidates:

God of War : 8 games (yeah I played betrayal too)
MGS : 7 games(8 if you count Revengeance)

Last edited:
Must be Mario.
Land 1+2 +3D, Bros 1+3 + New -U, All-Stars, World 1+2, 64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1+2, 3D world. Odysee is definitely unfinished, might also be true for others I listed. Can't remember and distinguish them clearly. lol.

and spin-offs:
SNES Mario Kart, 64, wii, 8

Dr. Mario

and maybe Mario Tennis GB

ssringo

I was thinking it might be close between a couple of franchises but looking at wikipedia (so I don't forget anything) it's Resident Evil by a long shot. I've beaten pretty much every game in the franchise that can be beaten. Not counting different platforms and version releases (OG RE1 has at least 3 versions you could argue for) my tally is at 22. Would be well over 30 for different releases. It is my favorite franchise after all.

Resident Evil 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, Village, Code Veronica, Remake 1, 2, 3, 4, Survivor, Dead Aim, Outbreak 1 and 2, Umbrella Chronicles, Darkside Chronicles, Revelaitons 1 and 2. I've played all the others not listed but either didn't finish because they were that bad or aren't "beatable" in the traditional sense.

Final Fantasy is probably the runner up in the low teens. I haven't been able to finish one since 10-2 other than Remake (which I only finished because of COVID).

lachesis

Definitely Ys. 19!

Ys I/2 - MSX, PC Engine, PC, PSP
Ys III - MSX, MD, SNES, PSP and PC
Ys IV - PCE, Vita, PC
Ys VI - PS2, PC
Ys VII - PSP, PC
Ys VIII - PS4, Vita
Ys IX - PS4

Looking forward Ys X - I think I will just complete the collecting the series on PC from now on, as pretty much all of them are on PC.

Do the Mario Bros. games count? I think I've played almost all of them, the latest being Mario Wonder. Aside from that I've played all the Halo games and World of Warcraft games through Mists of Pandaria. More recently I went back to play vanilla Classic and Wrath. WoW is still probably my favorite game ever.

Roberts

Halo. All 8 of them twice. Funnily enough I’m not even the biggest fan of them. 6 or 7 Resident Evil and all Monkey Island games, too

Shifty1897

Probably Final Fantasy? I've beaten 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, and 16.

The irony here is that I think most FF games are just okay.

Mario, most of the mainline series. I counted through and finished 15 of them.

Zelda I got in to a bit later than Mario, but also 7 completions there.

God of War I finished all of them except Ragnarok, if you include the PSP games that was 7 games.

Stamps1646

All tied at 6.

Phantasy Star
  • Phantasy Star 1, 2, 3, 4, PSO, and PSO2
Halo
  • Halo: Combat Evolved, 2, 3, 3 ODST, 4 and 5
Assassin's Creed
  • AC, AC 2, AC Brotherhood, AC3, AC 4: Black Flag, and AC 5: Unity

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Probably Halo for me. 1 -5 and ODST, Halo Wars 1 and 2. Still trying to finish infinite.

Oooo and Tekken. 1-8....

Hmmm Mortal Kombat OG,2,3,UMK3, Sub Zero, the Liu Kang side scroller Shaolin Monks, 4, Deadliy Alliance 9, 10, 11 and One.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Total War

I've played them all, even the obscure Total Warrior games (do they even count?)

I don't know how many there off the top of my head. If we're including the Saga games and standalone expansions it's probably 20?

Banjo64

cumsessed
Must be Zelda I think? 9 games:

OOT
MM
Wind Waker
Twilight Princess
Breath of the Wild
Tears of the Kingdom
Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks
A Link Between Worlds

That’s not including remakes, as I’ve also completed OOT Master Quest and OOT.

Got ALttP and Minish Cap on my ‘to play’ list this year.

Labadal

Final fantasy. Games in the series that I beat:

FF I-X
FF XII-XIII
FF X-2
Crisis Core
FF VII Remake
FF Tactics
FF Tactics Advance 1-2
FF Type-0
World of FF

Some others that no longer "count" as Final Fantasy games.

Top Bottom