• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the Worst Webcomic You've Ever Read?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Measley said:
My goal was to be on that list. How awesome would it be to do comics for a living?
Speaking as the son of someone who does (on the newspaper side) its pretty awesome as far as jobs go, especially if its something you truly enjoy, but like everything it has its stresses. Regular day-after-day creative content production can be hard

xkcd is easily the comic that I hate the most. It's not the worst comic, but it's the most popular crap comic so I always get linked to it by other people.

Actually now that I think about it, the amount of links to it has gone down quite a bit. Maybe they also realized that it is crap.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
N4Us said:
Some gaming comic a few years back that had a storyline of a guy catching his cousin using the Rez vibrator. I forgot the name and I don't want to know.

Oh yeah, this too. Such a shame since I really liked the art style but goddddddddddd

Also anything Mike Miller does:

t5wrY.jpg

Holy balls...

wagon

The_Technomancer said:
Speaking as the son of someone who does (on the newspaper side) its pretty awesome as far as jobs go, especially if its something you truly enjoy, but like everything it has its stresses. Regular day-after-day creative content production can be hard
Boggles the mind why you're bitching about a dude making a living on some shit that bought your diapers.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm assuming someone's already tried dropping "Penny Arcade" to try and troll.

I like PA when they stick to games and related topics. Sometimes they try to just be funny on their own merits (i.e. that weird crap about toilet paper samurai or the world's worst boy scouts or whatever) and it doesn't really work.

Gazunta

Yeah, I really (really) adore the art in Menagea3. I'm a huge fan of the Archie comics style and in particular Dan Decarlo's legendary run on it, and it looks like the artist here is a fan too.

But man, the characters. Good GRIEF.

Anyway. What would be the common things that make a terrible webcomic?

Chinner

Banned
Fimbulvetr said:
Also curing the gays with his pure straight blood.

I'm not kidding, someone wrote that into a webcomic unironically.

That was once true, but Chris-Chan has made it easier for gays to live in Cwcvile, and now they're allowed to have relationships (although no gay marriage). Equally, their minds are no longer being watched by Magi-Chan on request on Mayor Chris-Chan himself.

Chinner said:
That was once true, but Chris-Chan has made it easier for gays to live in Cwcvile, and now they're allowed to have relationships (although no gay marriage). Equally, their minds are no longer being watched by Magi-Chan on request on Mayor Chris-Chan himself.

Since when?

Chinner

Banned
Since when?
I dunno, last year? Trolls activists managed to give
imaginary
homosexuals better rights in Cwcvile. However, Chris-Chan has still has bans on tobacky (tobacco) and anyone caught importing it in will have 10 years imprisonment or a $1500 fine, although alcohol is now legal.

SuperJay

There's a lot of ways for a comic to go bad. Often, artists have a good underlying kernel of a joke, but for whatever reason --pacing, artistry, scripting, perspective, etc-- it just doesn't blossom. Everyone I've talked to who draws comics says the same thing: they just can't predict when something will click with people. The comics we like sometimes bomb and the comics we whip up almost as an afterthought sometimes find the largest audiences. That kind of uncertainty breeds a lot of anxiety.

That said, thanks for not ripping my comic apart too terribly bad! :)

Melchiah

Badly drawn meme comics, that seem to have infested the "Pics that make you laugh" thread. It takes a lesser man than me to see the funniness in them.

Orayn

Girlz 'N' Games
Shredded Moose
Anything by Tom Preston
The infamous "laser cheese" series, if they count as webcomics

zon

Parallax said:
the artwork is nice, but All of the characters that arent the main character are horrible people. from the bi roomate that cockblocks him from sleeping with the other roommate so she can, to the multiple people trying to turn him gay for their own means. they might as well call it everyone is having sex but the main character, and cockblocking him keeps you alive.

What? There's been only one gay character who has repeatedly tried to convince Gary to play for the other team, then there's the transgendered girl who kept hitting on him for a total of five(?) strips. They are the only ones who tried to convince him to sleep with them. Zee helps him out more than she screws him over.

zon

besada said:
I miss Sexy Losers.

Did you know that Clay has started making new comics? If you go to the Sexy Losers website you'll find a link to his new microblog (whatever that is) where he posts new strips.

besada said:
Edit: I can't stop reading Moon Over June. There's fisting. In a webcomic.

What? How could I have missed this Moon Over June comic, time to add another website to my webcomics folder.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
zon said:
What? There's been only one gay character who has repeatedly tried to convince Gary to play for the other team, then there's the transgendered girl who kept hitting on him for a total of five(?) strips. They are the only ones who tried to convince him to sleep with them. Zee helps him out more than she screws him over.

how has he helped him out? hooking him up with the chick that "totally isnt gay"? shes only doing that to divert his attention from the chick with the big boobs so she can have her shot at him. and even then, thats most likely gonna blow up in his face as well.

zon said:
What? How could I have missed this Moon Over June comic, time to add another website to my webcomics folder.

dont do it man, its not worth it

bengraven

Wow...that's a really great argument for creationism.

I feel like a retard now, like my entire life has been a lie. I mean...there are only 250 species of fossils in the world...all identical, like Yugi-Oh cards. Why isn't there more variation caused by evolution...

I'm a Christian now.

Praise God I've been reborn!

Gazunta

I used to really like Sinfest but after a while it all seemed a bit samey to me. But I'm certainly not going to bash it. More power to the guy for finding an audience large enough to support him!

And Wonderella is amazing. Easily in my top 5.

Gazunta said:
I used to really like Sinfest but after a while it all seemed a bit samey to me. But I'm certainly not going to bash it. More power to the guy for finding an audience large enough to support him!
Gotta agree. I read it for a while, it was fun, and then it got boring.

Gazunta said:

And Wonderella is amazing. Easily in my top 5.

This is the same reason I stopped reading Sinfest. It got very repetitious in terms of concepts that he used. Bound to happen after almost 4000 comics so he's done well. It's still certainly worth reading until you get the feeling of repetition though.

DonMigs85

Tim Buckley altered his style a bit yet again - the character mouths are bigger and uglier than ever, and he made the eyes narrower.

Sibylus

Banned
DonMigs85 said:
Tim Buckley altered his style a bit yet again - the character mouths are bigger and uglier than ever, and he made the eyes narrower.
Heh, Schrodinger teeth. I see the the too-dumb-to-live klutz is still married to gamergurrrl... somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom