• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When was the last time you paid full retail price for a game?

When was the last time you purchased a game at full retail price?

• In the last Week

Votes: 26 11.4%
  • In last 2 weeks

Votes: 15 6.6%
  • In last 3 weeks

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • In the last month

Votes: 31 13.6%
  • IN the last 3 months

Votes: 39 17.1%
  • In the past 6 months

Votes: 16 7.0%
  • In the last Year

Votes: 25 11.0%
  • Over a Year

Votes: 70 30.7%

• Total voters

makaveli60

I can’t even remember when was the last time. I think in 2021 maybe? Ever since 2020 games are not only not progressing but they are actually regressing with woke shit and they even made a price increase while offering nothing but this shit in exchange.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
"There is absolutely no reason to buy consoles anymore."
"There is absolutely no reason to buy a gaming PC anymore."
"There is absolutely no reason to use play on anything other than a smartphone anymore."
"There is absolutely no reason to upgrade your PC right now."
"There is absolutely no reason to upgrade your monitor/TV right now."

Et cetera, so-on, and so-forth. The point is, these absolute claims are retarded at best. Just because there is no reason for you to do X doesn't mean that there is no reason for anyone to do X. If I want to pre-order a game, I will pre-order a game.
Thank you beta tester ... you do me a service so I cant be mad at you, not matter how retarded I think your reasons are.

eerik9000

Full retail price? Probably never. If the reviews and impressions are good, and I want to play it day 1, I pre-order to get 10% discount. Otherwise wait for a sale.

Dutchy

"There is absolutely no reason to buy consoles anymore."
"There is absolutely no reason to buy a gaming PC anymore."
"There is absolutely no reason to use play on anything other than a smartphone anymore."
"There is absolutely no reason to upgrade your PC right now."
"There is absolutely no reason to upgrade your monitor/TV right now."

Et cetera, so-on, and so-forth. The point is, these absolute claims are retarded at best. Just because there is no reason for you to do X doesn't mean that there is no reason for anyone to do X. If I want to pre-order a game, I will pre-order a game.
you really took his post to heart damn

on topic: I think Doom 2016 is when I realised that I gain absolutely nothing of value by buying stuff on launch. on the contrary even.

I guess Hades 2 but it's actually cheaper in early access so not sure if that counts.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I just bought Concord...

Na I'm joking, I did pay full price for Killer Klownz from outer space though this week.

Last edited:

Hudo

Gold Member
EZ1XDqZ.gif
She's cute

If I’m buying physical I find the retailer with the best price.

If I’m buying digital (which I only do in sales or if a game is not available physically) then I buy cheap PS Store credit.

Majormaxxx

if for PS4 then I see the problem
I pre-ordered Cyberpunk for my One X but it was still not enjoyable while driving. The actual missions were smooth and looked fine but when driving through the city there was an occasional jarring stutter. Super annoying.

spons

Gold Member
Astral Chain a couple of weeks ago. Shit's rare as fuck here and the price is 55 euros.
As for a game on launch date: I think that would be Elden Ring.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Year or so ago Cod Mdw3. I only played it 1 time. I regret every cent i spent on it.

Otherwise Helldivers 2

Laptop1991

Years ago, the industry doubled the price of PC games when the PS4 and Xbox one were released to "put them inline with the console versions" as they stated, well the quality of the ports didn't double, so where as i paid 30 quid brand new for say Skyrim, they went to 60, so i just used key sellers or waited for price drops after then.

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
Far Cry 5 2018

Never will I pay these outrageous prices so that they can hire d.e.i. consultants, buy an extra Frappuccino machine to feed them their soy, have week long menstrual breaks, and other bloat and bullshit that's strangling the industry.

Fuck them all. Pirates life for me.

Last edited:
I can't remember, as its been years.

There's rarely a need to buy games full price these days. Unless ok maybe it's a huge game like GTA or something. Otherwise, a game will go down in price pretty quick.

I remember wanting to play RE3 Remake and I just sat on it for something like 6 or 9 months and got it for 14.99 euro if I recall.

Last edited:

El Muerto

Hogwarts Legacy, but it was for my wife not me. Before that was Jstars Victory VS+. So excited for that game and it ended up being a massive pile of shit. Swore off buying new games since then.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Probably over a year. To be honest, with GameFly and game pass, most games aren’t worth their Day 1 price tag. Then again, I don’t think 99% of games are worth owning forever.

CherryFalls

F02aukfXsAAVCjV.jpg

I think the ps3/360 era was the last time I paid full price for a game, before I moved to pc/steam sales

Last edited:

Davey Cakes

Every new-ish Steam game I've bought recently has been discounted, even upon release. It's hard to pay full price on there.

I did walk right into Target and buy Paper Mario TTYD the day it came out. So yeah, within the last three weeks.

Top Bottom