• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which games had stuff snuck in that got it pulled from stores or a rating change (or no one found out)?

DryvBy

Hi, my name is Tack Jhompson and I'm here to get video games banned.

I mean... I don't know if I was just the only one that bought this game as a kid but I went into the files during the time and found a bunch of stuff that enabled M-rated profanity. There's probably 30-40 files you can rename and get all the Cuss Pack crap you'd want out of it.

GameFaqs rejected my submission so I'm providing it here:

Double D-Pads said:
The disappointing Interstate '82 (GOG has this for $5.99) has a hidden secret that no one has really ever talked about. The game is rated Teen but there's a way to make the language in the game explicit (including f-bombs) and it seems it was slipped by the ESRB at the time.

If you go into the folder "..\Interstate 82\Data\VO" and rename files that have the letter x to it's corresponding letter, you can enable a more M-rated experience. An example of this is as follows:

The T-rated .wav file is named "an020a04.wav" so delete it and rename the file "an020x04.wav" to "an020a04.wav"

Do this for every file you see the letter x in the file and your game will filled with sneaky profanity.

Source

There you go. Enjoy that sweet profanity, GAF!

Any other games have a weird secret like this?

SHA

Music licensing, it sucks, cause it's part of the experience before we knew it belongs to someone else.

Top Bottom