• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Whining about something as little as making an account is how PC has free online.

Hugare

Nah. It's just because its an open platform.

If it was a walled garden like PS, Xbox or Nintendo, you could cry all you want, wouldnt matter.

Console gamers whine just as much, if not more.

Last edited:
Quit the internet for a while, stop thinking about corporations and look for Jesus.
I'm not the one leaving a review among 84k other people, hoping a corporation reads it.

Idris Elba Judging You GIF

rajkosto

Neo Member
I'm in one of the unsupported countries and I just tried making a Sony PSN account with the "wrong" country selected and got this:
2024-05-05_09-26-56_KGfUWV7cd.png

Turning on a VPN to make my IP be from the country I selected made that error go away and the account was made.
I don't remember having to do this a few years ago when I first made a PSN account (I picked a nearby country just the same) so they are definitely not supporting this practice anymore.
Also, every other online account I've had to make for a game let me pick my country from the list, the PSN country list is insanely anemic in comparison.
So yes this is a real problem for this game and Sony's future titles as I doubt they will actually expand their country list to compensate (I can go to a store and officially buy a PS5 just fine but not make a "legal" PSN account, even tho the Sony website has localized version of the PS5 page available)

Three

I'm in one of the unsupported countries and I just tried making a Sony PSN account with the "wrong" country selected and got this:
2024-05-05_09-26-56_KGfUWV7cd.png

Turning on a VPN to make my IP be from the country I selected made that error go away and the account was made.
I don't remember having to do this a few years ago when I first made a PSN account (I picked a nearby country just the same) so they are definitely not supporting this practice anymore.
Also, every other online account I've had to make for a game let me pick my country from the list, the PSN country list is insanely anemic in comparison.
So yes this is a real problem for this game and Sony's future titles as I doubt they will actually expand their country list to compensate (I can go to a store and officially buy a PS5 just fine but not make a "legal" PSN account, even tho the Sony website has localized version of the PS5 page available)
What was the country you're in if you don't mind me asking? Want to see if they implemented it after this shitstorm.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
So you do not play on pc because the cheating is insane at times.
Maybe depending on game age but again - Battlefield 5 is unplayable even with new anti cheat patched last month.
I watch warzone streams and constantly there is someone under the map.
Cheating is rampant. It's the one point you cannot disregard
I am also not taking anything from the PC gamer who is known to have a massive hateboner for the platform. How about actually playing online. Its pretty sanitized and theres a reason all these games have anti cheat.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I am also not taking anything from the PC gamer who is known to have a massive hateboner for the platform. How about actually playing online. Its pretty sanitized and theres a reason all these games have anti cheat.
dude if anyone can have hateboner for pc, it's me. Playing pc my whole life. Get real man.
I got better credz for pc than most of people here.
600 steam games, 100 gog games, hundreds of pc magazines and games there.... since like 1997. Countless money spent on parts
22 hours in latest 3dmark and I have multiple of that in older versions.
noDPCuO.png

You were saying?
PC community got SO TOXIC in last few years, I turned away from it. I have the right to criticize it.

I've been playing Battlefield 5. Granted, I only have 40 hours in it but cheating was terrible. For warzone, I am watching some streams. The cheating is a thing.
It's not my opinion. It's a fact.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
dude if anyone can have hateboner for pc, it's me. Playing pc my whole life. Get real man.
I got better credz for pc than most of people here.
600 steam games, 100 gog games, hundreds of pc magazines and games there.... since like 1997. Countless money spent on parts
22 hours in latest 3dmark and I have multiple of that in older versions.
noDPCuO.png

You were saying?
PC community got SO TOXIC in last few years, I turned away from it. I have the right to criticize it.

I've been playing Battlefield 5. Granted, I only have 40 hours in it but cheating was terrible. For warzone, I am watching some streams. The cheating is a thing.
It's not my opinion. It's a fact.
Very cool bro.

You switched to consoles. You pay to play online. Whatever the heck you did regarding pc gaming back then does not apply to how it is now

Can I hear about the cheating from somebody who doesn't primarily play on console? It's ALWAYS the console players making posts about cheats and liking them. You guys talk about them more than we do.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Very cool bro.

You switched to consoles. You pay to play online. Whatever the heck you did regarding pc gaming back then does not apply to how it is now

Can I hear about the cheating from somebody who doesn't primarily play on console? It's ALWAYS the console players making posts about cheats and liking them. You guys talk about them more than we do.
I don't pay for online on consoles because I don't play online on consoles.
I am not talking about my online pc experience from 10 years ago. I am talking about my current online pc experience.
It's not always console players complaining about pc cheating. Are you taking drugs? This is nonsense

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
It's not always console players complaining about pc cheating. Are you taking drugs? This is nonsense
It is. Everybody who talks about the supposed cheating problem on PC and uses it as a negative against free online also games on console or is a console warrior.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
It's true, on this board at least. Everytime someone brings up free online there's a tidal wave of console players screaming about cheats. Its a predictable cause and effect at this point.
It's your anecdotal observation at best and that's fair.
But also look at it from the other side - you are well known pc fanboy/apologist. No info like that is reliable from you.
As for me being bitter for pc and PS fanboy? I call that a satisfied consumer. I am happy with playstation in a way I was not with pc. that's it.

T4keD0wN

I only play on PC, have 100+ hours in every Battlefield game in the last 15 years (minus 2042, only 5h there), rofif rofif is absolutely right about cheating in Battlefield,

Theres lobbies with blatantly obvious cheaters who get 20+ kills per minute by instakilling whole teams on spawn and it often takes multiple rounds for them to get kicked, its not the norm, but its not uncommon either, theres definitely a lot more cheaters who try to make things less obvious.

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
But also look at it from the other side - you are well known pc fanboy/apologist. No info like that is reliable from you.
Oh for sure. Literally everyone has their biases. But everything I see regarding cheating on PC from Neogaf is always a console player thing. Actual PC gamers don't complain about it. It feels like a bunch of cope. Not talking about this shit anymore

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
It's true, on this board at least. Everytime someone brings up free online there's a tidal wave of console players screaming about cheats. Its a predictable cause and effect at this point.
Depends on the game. But I think the talks of cheating on PC just doesn't happen on GAF. There was plenty of talk on XIV channels about the poor design of PvP and how people were cheating and win-trading. Not to mention the exposure of big name streamers using mods and 3rd party tools to cheat to win World First Ultimate raid clears.

Fabieter

Oh for sure. Literally everyone has their biases. But everything I see regarding cheating on PC from Neogaf is always a console player thing. Actual PC gamers don't complain about it. It feels like a bunch of cope. Not talking about this shit anymore

Do you even play mp games on pc? Peopledefending this, always say there is no obvious cheating. But cheating evolved greatly in the last decade. There is alot of professional cheating around which is hardly to come by and people just accept the reality.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Do you even play mp games on pc? Peopledefending this, always say there is no obvious cheating. But cheating evolved greatly in the last decade. There is alot of professional cheating around which is hardly to come by and people just accept the reality.
I played quite a bit of Street Fighter 6 and hardly encountered cheating in that game. Assetto Corsa, BeamNG online, Fortnite, Roblox etc. I play them. My main is singleplayer games

I've not experienced a single experience of cheating on my online experiences with any of those gaems.

Fabieter

I played quite a bit of Street Fighter 6 and hardly encountered cheating in that game. Assetto Corsa, BeamNG online, Fortnite, Roblox etc. I play them. My main is singleplayer games

I've not experienced a single experience of cheating on my online experiences with any of those gaems.

Well there are is two possibilities. You are actively looking away or the cheaters you encountered aint stupid. There is very slight aim boting or wall hacks which you don't see in replays when people aint looking stupidly through the walls quite obvious.

There are companies selling professional cheats with quite a good support. You don't see companies like that if there isn't a market worth chasing. And those cheats are basically impossible to detect.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Used to play Enemy Territory, Team Fortress 2, EDF 5... Don't remember any bad experiences because of cheaters.

I remember one tho. It was on Counter-Strike... Global Offensive? Might have been a private server tho. Thing is, this cheater had a name pretty similar to mine, so when people realized he was cheating and proceeded to kick him by voting, I was the one kicked instead of him. :lollipop_crying:

Shit happens I guess.

RyanEvans21

I think most cheaters are playing battlefield,GTA Online or COD?

Encountered one. When i was playing helldivers 2! He/She spamming rocket launcher like smg on bile titans. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
There is very slight aim boting or wall hacks which you don't see in replays when people aint looking stupidly through the walls quite obvious.
>Aim botting
None of the games I listed are shooters besides fortnite. And i don't encounter cheating in fortnite

Last edited:
126 countries are losing access to the game since PSN accounts don’t exist in their regions. Some people (including the OP) need to do a little research before you go on your childish rants against PC gamers. I mean how dare we defend the community from getting robbed by Sony.

Last edited:

RyanEvans21

126 countries are losing access to the game since PSN accounts don’t exist in their regions. Some people (including the OP) need to do a little research before you go on your childish rants against PC gamers. I mean how dare we defend the community from getting robbed by Sony.
I think most of those countries? Gaming is their last priority. If you in Philippines? You can use other country address to sign up.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

That’s against the terms of service.
Steam will literally also block you from buying in Non PSN countries now and as illustrated in numerous posts Sony beefed up their security recently against creating PSN accounts in different countries.

Hell in some countries like UK Sony is demanding a government ID or a face scan to great it and in others line Ukraine they only allow creation on a console.

Folks, stop stanning five corporations and have a bit of empathy to whole bunch of fellow gamers affected by this shit. Hell, Chinese users will be royally screwed as CCP has been working on preventing VPN out so can’t even using that and local official PSN won’t work in this case.

Microsoft is hard at work trying to make PC's like consoles. You want true freedom, you better start installing Linux distros and getting used to the performance hit of using those.
yes but also enjoy the performance gains, the extra compatibility for your hardware and have control over the machine YOU paid

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.

Told you. We get shit done. Console players should try it too, it'd really help

Seems to me like they ended up reading them.
It appears they did. Touché....

Easier to go back on the requirements for Helldivers 2, than go through the process of working with Steam to issue thousands of refunds for people who arent even affected. Not sure how much was gained, considering Ghost of Tsushima still requires a PSN account, but hey I guess its a win.

Good For You Thumbs Up GIF by paidoff

Top Bottom