• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Direct Nintendo Games 2013.1.23 - Jan. 23rd, 9 AM EST, 2 PM GMT, 11 PM JP

Status
Not open for further replies.
A real list:

- VC for the Wii U - repurchase your games, one by one, released one every six weeks.
- Wii Fit U release date (June)
- Pikmin 3 release date (August)
- Miiverse on the 3DS (November)
- Goodnight everybody!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sorry man, no Platinum love this time.

Nintendo's not developing Bayonetta 2 / The Wonderful 101.

Man, you're taking that statement way too specifically. Both Bayonetta 2 and The Wonderful 101 are funded by Nintendo, published by Nintendo, and I guarantee are being meddled with by Nintendo. As far Nintendo need to be concerned, they're Nintendo games, and can be comfortably discussed alongside your next Mario, Zelda, and everything else being built internally.

EDIT: Oh, and for everybody else, the only thing on that list I expect is GCN virtual console support. That's it.

Kyzer

Banned
Wii Fit U
Pikmin 3
Mario Kart U
Bayonetta 2
W101
Beefed up VC support
Some kind of reminder that SSB is in development, to somewhat sstave off potential damage from Durango/Orbis

Box

Wasn't Retro supposed to be working on a FPS going by past job listings too? or was that mere speculation?

I hope so, that would be really wonderful.

I know shooters get a lot of flak for being associated with realistic graphics and blood and intrusive cinematics, but at the core of it, there's a really solid gameplay mechanic that's one of the best ways to play games in 3D.

It's a really simple thing. You just aim and dodge. That kind of simplicity is often associated with Nintendo. It's disappointing that they ignore this genre, because they would be the ones to take away the intrusive story, the excessive violence, and the need to have top of the line graphics.

jerd

I think if we hear of anything resembling a megaton, it will likely be in the form of "Oh yeah, we're making this game. Expect it sometime in the future."

Which is plenty for me. I'm Nintenstarved.

onipex

okay so going by what has been discussed over the last few pages the following is looking likely

- Retro's game shown, either Metroid or Zelda.
- Yoshi's Island: Wii U.
- Monolith's project, which is a next gen remake of Mother.
- Resident Evil 2 remake.
- GCN virtual console running at HD resolution, plus GamePad support.
- Temporary GTAV exclusivity.

Might as well throw in a first party FPS co-developed by Bungie while you're at it.

Tehalemi

Shit...im sorry nooo dont page EC!

3DA2

Let's get our minds off the hype for a sec.
Yah right, lol

What are you all doing to kill time before all hell breaks loose? Besides abusing the F5 button. :p

Mlatador

Banned
I'd be happy if it's Yoshi's Island U developed by Retro. I mean, they deserve HUGE CREDIT for bringing Donkey Kong Country back in a way that not only was truthfull to it's originals, but IMHO even surpassed them.

Since I'm sure Nintendo EAD is bussy with other things, Retro may have been given the task (since they are the only ones besides the EADs who can do it).

Yoshi's Island U really needs to be a AAA efford, though (like DKCR), in order to get my approval! It may even need to be a AAA+ efford, since Super Mario Land 2: Yoshi's Island is still THE BEST 2D Jump'n Run/Platformer ever created.

I hope so, that would be really wonderful.

I know shooters get a lot of flak for being associated with realistic graphics and blood and intrusive cinematics, but at the core of it, there's a really solid gameplay mechanic that's one of the best ways to play games in 3D.

It's a really simple thing. You just aim and dodge. That kind of simplicity is often associated with Nintendo. It's disappointing that they ignore this genre, because they would be the ones to take away the intrusive story, the excessive violence, and the need to have top of the line graphics.

I'd love to see another game like Geist.

Man, you're taking that statement way too specifically. Both Bayonetta 2 and The Wonderful 101 are funded by Nintendo, published by Nintendo, and I guarantee are being meddled with by Nintendo. As far Nintendo need to be concerned, they're Nintendo games, and can be comfortably discussed alongside your next Mario, Zelda, and everything else being built internally.

All right, all right. :)

Morts

There's been enough proof, so why not? People actually like the Yoshi games too bro.

It could be real, but I think people are putting a little too much faith into a debug screen that a QA tester plugged some uncapitalized test data into.

hatchx

Banned
My prediction:

-More Pikmin 3 and Wii Fit U
-Some third party ports (god knows, maybe an RE6 special edition or Tomb Raider port)
-Game and Wario release date + trailer
-Virtual Console of some kind
-something special

....it'll be akin to the announcements of the September conference. We got announcements of Monster Hunter, Bayonetta 2, Black Ops 2, Skylanders, etc.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Real talk, Nintendo brought all the Cing guys in and they are making Hotel Dusk WiiU.

You and the Skies of Arcadia 2 poster are going on my ignore list tomorrow at 9:31 AM EST.

Some things just shouldn't be joked about.

Jacobbles

I have a horrible gut feeling that there won't be anything that exciting coming out of this ND :(

Having two bombshell Nintendo Directs in a row? That doesn't seem like Nintendo's style.

Jh4E5UUl.jpg

I'm not sure if this was brought up anywhere else, but Click, the electronics magazine that Future Shop puts out, had this in it:

Just add it to the list of evidence...

Best Buy Description:

Take Yoshi on an epic adventure to remember in Yoshi Land for Nintendo Wii U. Check out Yoshi as you've never seen him before: in glorious high definition. Enjoy dual-screen control thanks to the Wii U Touchscreen GamePad, while you'll also be able to experience full integration with Nintendo's MiiVerse service.

Future Shop Description:

Join everyone's favourite dinosaur in his first big starring role on Nintendo Wii U - Yoshi's Land. Utilise the power of the Wii U Touchscreen GamePad to enjoy dual-screen fun in this epic adventure with stunning HD graphics and connectivity with the MiiVerse.

Ja5MfZkl.jpg

A88VOITl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom