• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG2G

So what is her thought on the Red Lumia. Oh picture to go with the story would be much appreciated.

No pictures unfortunately. The red matched here outfit too :O She changed from T-Mobile to AT&T just for the Lumia. Should have gotten a lapdance in order to support fellow a fellow Windows Phone fanboy, but I had already done one walk of shame (to the ATM)

Blackhead

Redarse
No pictures unfortunately. The red matched here outfit too :O She changed from T-Mobile to AT&T just for the Lumia. Should have gotten a lapdance in order to support fellow a fellow Windows Phone fanboy, but I had already done one walk of shame (to the ATM)

:O i kinda assumed that she was sold the phone by an overeager sales person. Did you ask why the change, how she heard about it etc? Most ladies with that much 'easy' cash usually have iphones...

:O i kinda assumed that she was sold the phone by an overeager sales person. Did you ask why the change, how she heard about it etc? Most ladies with that much 'easy' cash usually have iphones...
Duh, the Red Lumia matches her outfit. What other reason does she need?! I told you guys Red Lumia is the best Lumia.

PG2G

She was actually a bit of a fanboy. She went from SGS -> Radar -> Lumia 920. I think one of her friends converted her and now she has done a fair bit of spreading the gospel. She was kind of abnormal for a stripper I guess, she said she had done a little technical work as a tester.

Interestingly enough, I had two(presumably non-technical) people approach me asking if my phone was the new Nokia at a cousin's Thanksgiving party. The word must be out there somehow, I don't know because I don't think I've seen a single Lumia 920 centric commercial.

She was actually a bit of a fanboy. She went from SGS -> Radar -> Lumia 920. I think one of her friends converted her and now she has done a fair bit of spreading the gospel. She was kind of abnormal for a stripper I guess, she said she had done a little technical work as a tester
Microsoft need to hire her to be part of This is My Windows Phone campaign. I rather see her phone than Steve Ballmer's phone. You should tweet the story to Joe.

edit:On another note, what kind of Thanksgiving party do you have?!

I did a double take on your comment about your stripper doing a fair bit of spreading..

PG2G

Anyone have the issue where the phone has a really low resolution image for the "Me" tile, despite the fact that my outlook account (where I changed it) is extremely crisp? I'm thinking it must be syncing at the tile size for WVGA or WP7.5 or something.

Anyone have the issue where the phone has a really low resolution image for the "Me" tile, despite the fact that my outlook account (where I changed it) is extremely crisp? I'm thinking it must be syncing at the tile size for WVGA or WP7.5 or something.
My old pictures for Live accounts of those that I replaced a while back are kinda blurry but the one I just make with 920 still look pretty sharp.

PG2G

Microsoft need to hire her to be part of This is My Windows Phone campaign. I rather see her phone than Steve Ballmer's phone. You should tweet the story to Joe.

edit:On another note, what kind of Thanksgiving party do you have?!

I did a double take on your comment about your stripper doing a fair bit of spreading..

Haha, just to clarify. The stripper and the Thanksgiving party are totally unrelated :p

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.

Yes, I had that issue and I fixed it, but you may not like the answer. The problem is Live apparently downsamples the photo, so it looks good at first and then turns to compressed crap after a while when it syncs with live's compressed version. The fix is to change your profile pic through your me tile and make the new profile pic both your new live profile pic and your new Facebook profile pic. Then it will stay high res because Facebook doesn't compress it after the fact, or at least not enough to notice on the me tile.

PG2G

Yes, I had that issue and I fixed it, but you may not like the answer. The problem is Live apparently downsamples the photo, so it looks good at first and then turns to compressed crap after a while when it syncs with live's compressed version. The fix is to change your profile pic through your me tile and make the new profile pic both your new live profile pic and your new Facebook profile pic. Then it will stay high res because Facebook doesn't compress it after the fact, or at least not enough to notice on the me tile.

Thanks. I'll just roll with it until I feel like changing the FB pic then. Wonder WTF they do that. I thought only Google did crap like that.

SeanR1221

I have a blurry(ish) picture too.

My Me tile picture is a variation of my Facebook picture (zoomed in on my head). Can I set them to be the same, then just crop the Me tile one?

Dead

well not really...yet
Saw some dude with a Yellow 920 at a club last night. That thing draws attention to itself like crazy.

I am curios how true are all these rumors about 7.8 dropping next week. I am sure At&t probably will hold back the update anyway, not that it matters I am sure there will be cab leaks.

zatara

Returned my 822 for an 8x and damn this is a sexy phone. It fits in my hand so much better than my Lumia. Ironically I get better signal with my 8x. I've had my share of android htc phones and they all sucked with signal. In my house I would be lucky to get 2 bars of 3g on my Lumia, and so far all day today I've been at a steady 2 bars of LTE in my home with the 8x.

Now I'm sure most here won't get the Lumia 822, but if you do beware the speaker on it is a piece of shit. Mine, my brothers, and the one I tested at a verizon store all have the same problem where notifications will randomly make the speaker sound like its blow with crackles and pops.

I don't get the complains about gadgets that get warm. I had an iPad 3 (now 4) and everyone and their mother complained about the temperature.

It's warm, people. Not hot. Warm. Mildly even. It won't impact your usability or the life span of the product. Just like a CPU won't die in few months when it reaches 70C under load.

My mom actually believes the phone is like a microwave, when gets warm that means the radiation is going to fry her brain. All the scare-mongering about cell phones and brain cancer a few years back has really ruined my parents. :|

lol

Does the new update policy extend to 7.8 or just the new WP8 phones?
Who knows, Microsoft so far have done it absolute best to shit on their long time supporters.

If it wasn't for awesome Lumia phone I would have gone to Nexus 4. I am not sure how they expect to be competitive in this mobile space when they move along at snail pace and constantly piss on their loyal customers.

I love the UI, but the eco-system support blow. They have lost me as supporter with the way they handle Xbox Music & Video. The sync and app suck, the cloud music is a joke and only at Microsoft where you loose functionality as the software progress. Compare to Zune, Windows Phone 8 music, video and podcast support is complete garbage.

Returned my 822 for an 8x and damn this is a sexy phone. It fits in my hand so much better than my Lumia. Ironically I get better signal with my 8x. I've had my share of android htc phones and they all sucked with signal. In my house I would be lucky to get 2 bars of 3g on my Lumia, and so far all day today I've been at a steady 2 bars of LTE in my home with the 8x.

Now I'm sure most here won't get the Lumia 822, but if you do beware the speaker on it is a piece of shit. Mine, my brothers, and the one I tested at a verizon store all have the same problem where notifications will randomly make the speaker sound like its blow with crackles and pops.

Oh! Someone else with bad signal! How was your battery life on the 822, and is it better on the 8X? Also some 920s seem to have the same speaker problem you heard on the 822.

zatara

Oh! Someone else with bad signal! How was your battery life on the 822, and is it better on the 8X? Also some 920s seem to have the same speaker problem you heard on the 822.

Battery life on the 822 was good, I could get through a day with 2 email accounts set to push, low brightness, and a lot of browsing, texting, and metro radio. So far I haven't noticed a difference in battery life to really make a good comparison. One beef I have with the 8x is how the power button is a little difficult to push. Other than that I'm happy with the purchase.

It's just a bummer about the speaker problem with my Lumia because it was a good phone for $450.00

zatara

You know what's a better phone for $450? A cyan 920. Gotta love off contract pricing in the US.

Tell me about it, Verizon jacks their off contract prices way too high. If I had At&t I'd be all over the 920. It kills me paying $550 for the 8x when I could have had the 920 for $100 less.

Anyone have any recommendations for a good podcast app? I figure since I can't access the podcasts option within the Sync Client, I should look into one.

What do people think is more battery efficient. Medium brightness of auto?

Neither.

The auto brightness setting has a maximum brightness level that is dependant on the manual brightness setting before you enable automatic brightness. As a rule of thumb, the maximum brightness for automatic brightness should be equivalent to the currently set manual brightness setting.

However, at level "high", I've noticed that my phone can go slightly brighter than the actual "manual" high.

You should use a brightness level that is comfortable enough for you to see the text on your phone's screen. I personally use High-Auto so that I get a really good screen, no matter where I am. Thank goodness for ClearBlack and Modern UI for insane visibility outdoors. Remember, if you set the brightness too low, although battery life will increase, your eyes, on the other hand...

I think it would be rude if someone were to pre-empt him with a better OP. I'm still waiting, Brot.

It's not my OT anymore. I already said that I don't have time and after delaying it quite few times, I gave the OT away. I don't know when it's coming out, but it's definitely going to be better than anything I've done so far.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Neither.

The auto brightness setting has a maximum brightness level that is dependant on the manual brightness setting before you enable automatic brightness. As a rule of thumb, the maximum brightness for automatic brightness should be equivalent to the currently set manual brightness setting.

However, at level "high", I've noticed that my phone can go slightly brighter than the actual "manual" high.

You should use a brightness level that is comfortable enough for you to see the text on your phone's screen. I personally use High-Auto so that I get a really good screen, no matter where I am. Thank goodness for ClearBlack and Modern UI for insane visibility outdoors. Remember, if you set the brightness too low, although battery life will increase, your eyes, on the other hand...

Thanks!

We have to yell at Anton sugar now, he's playing planetside rather than finishing the OT.

It's the unfortunate truth. That game is amazing.

OT going up tonight--completely done, but the only image "program" I have access to is Pixlr online, and the lack of font anti-aliasing is driving me nuts. Will download GIMP tonight and get it posted.

Heretic

It's the unfortunate truth. That game is amazing.

OT going up tonight--completely done, but the only image "program" I have access to is Pixlr online, and the lack of font anti-aliasing is driving me nuts. Will download GIMP tonight and get it posted.

Looking forward to our new home! My phone should be coming in today so i'm pretty excited!

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Am I the only one who prefers the the OT to be in the community board?

Its just easier to find for me and I barely post anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom