• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -6| How much lower can we go?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Chuu2 DoF 3

chu2dof3.jpg

I see all these CG mecha and yet the only thing I can think about is that CG Ceremonial Umbrella in the last ep of Hyouka and whether or not they'll fix it for the home release.

good.
One Piece sucks.
The manga's p. good.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'll reserve all judgements til after I watch the last episode of the Black Rose Saga, which I'll do after I finish watching this hockey game.
That's a recap episode, so I doubt it will solve any mysteries.

You better not skip it though. Recap episodes by Ikuhara are amazing.

Andrew J.

Usagi Drop 01

The white character outlines combined with the sketchlike quality of the background art strongly reminds me of the Hotel Dusk video game.

That's some sweet hand animation when Rin's playing cat's cradle.

I didn't hate the rest of the family as much as some people; some cousins of mine have kids, and even secondhand I have some sense of how much time and energy goes into raising a child, so I can't blame them for feeling reluctant.

Why don't we all pretend like I post it'sraining.jpg at the end of every one of these, it'll probably save us all some time.

Syrinx

That's a recap episode, so I doubt it will solve any mysteries.

You better not skip it though. Recap episodes by Ikuhara are amazing.

...Wait, that was the end of the Black Rose Saga? That was pretty abrupt. Still has a couple of major plotlines going into the final arc though, so that's good.

Narag

So when are you getting back to watching the grandline episode of one piece.

When life slows down and I get my mecha fill. Wasn't expecting to really put it on hold again (which was mostly due to wanting some downtime after the Gintama Benizakura stuff) but wasn't expecting to work like a cajunator this month either.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Tamako Market 05:

A model train set on carpet? That's a good way to permanently fuck up an expensive toy almost instantly.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

cajunator

Banned
When life slows down and I get my mecha fill. Wasn't expecting to really put it on hold again (which was mostly due to wanting some downtime after the Gintama Benizakura stuff) but wasn't expecting to work like a cajunator this month either.

lol...

:'(

Tamako Market 7

Thought it was a pretty awful episode but then
tumblr_miniigEy6T1r77p6eo1_500.gif

And a heaping helping of some Mochizou screentime made it somewhat decent. Prince needs tons more screentime in these remaining episodes. Peach scene was awkward though my second time ever seeing such a thing, it happened in Bleach before.

Anyway dont really care much for plot direction, though it would be pretty amazing if the writers somehow had Mochizou become the one to be with the Prince. It would be like a win win situation, as that lets Tamako and all those other characters get together for those people, and Id get my Mochizou having an good end.

Branduil

I wonder how Rei’s sweat tastes like?

I mean, she is made of the weird PWM stuff and yet she’s biologically pretty close to human but then again she’s something of a Goddess powered by massive mama quantum soul too so… I think it’s not reasonable to expect her sweat totaste or smell like normal girl sweat. I’ve noticed normal girl sweat tastes more bitter and salty cuter the girl and Rei is very cute but I don’t she has normal girl sweat for reasons outlined above. So I have theory taste of Rei’s sweat is closer to that of fresh snow than salt etc. that are typical of normal girl sweat. It would also fit Rei’s kuudere archetype and how pale she is. What do you think? Is it normal girl sweat or not?
Also, since Rei doesn’t menstruate do you think it’s possible she doesn’t sweat at all? That would be such a bummer, but I guess it’s feasible…

Also, which one probably has better tasting sweat in your opinion: Rei or Asuka? I think the answer is Rei because Asuka’s is probably just normal girl sweat though it might be bit more acidic than on average.

Way more men commit suicide in Japan than women so I can have the chance to save some of the women for myself.

ibvfQWuEZvQjL7.gif

Andrew J.

Usagi Drop 02

Man, this seems like a good time for Daikichi to take a personal day, but Japanese work culture, I suppose...

Is second-hand smoke considered a big deal in Japan? Daikichi looks like he's trying to quit but it's hard to get a read on exactly why.

Is it just me or are there lots of long shots on clock faces in this show?

Narag

Gundam AGE 33

qsJ6km3l.jpg

That sure looks familiar.

e0k5HXal.jpg

Where the hell did this come from??
Attack on Jaburo? Yeah I've seen this before.

Zeheart's like the perfect example of how this show simplifies things. He's ostensibly Char but without any sort of complexity to his character as, while the things that define Char are present, it's typically one one matter at a time. His lack of presence is felt in the first arc when he's not present to share the trauma of
Yurin's death
, the Char/Amuro rivalry was confined (possibly concluded?) in the second arc, and while personal, doesn't have the same weight to it due to the lack of shared tragedy, and Woolf seemed to inherit the Quattro role in the second arc albeit with significantly less baggage than Quattro had. Now he's apparently in Char's original 0079 as the military ace who embraces his father's ideals.

Syrinx

Revolutionary Girl Utena 24

Those elephants have to be the greatest one-off characters ever. And this episode reminded me of Utena saving Anthy at the party. She has to be the most swag as fuck chick ever except for maybe Sailor Uranus.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Wow, the red one really does have the worst hair.
That's just the :wonzo coming through. Akane's Princess form is gorgeous.
Revolutionary Girl Utena 24

Those elephans have to be the greatest one-off characters ever. And this episode reminded me of Utena saving Anthy at the party. She has to be the most swag as fuck chick ever except for maybe Sailor Uranus.
Add this episode to the list of "those you should rewatch as soon as you finish the show".

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm currently watching Lain. I need to see a comedy after this.
Goldfish Warning Goldfish Warning Goldfish Warning Goldfish Warning Goldfish Warning Goldfish Warning Goldfish Warning Goldfish Warning Goldfish Warning Goldfish Warning Goldfish Warning Goldfish Warning Goldfish Warning Goldfish Warning Goldfish Warning Goldfish Warning Goldfish Warning Goldfish Warning

CorvoSol

Last I read, that style originated here.

Oh? I didn't know that. I mean, Western Elves usually have ears more like the ones you'd see on Spock. It's only in Japanese stuff that Elves seem to have ears that reach way out into open air. Unless we're talking Christmas Elves, and then I dunno, it could go either way.

Just out of curiosity, does this show have anything to do with that weird loli dating-sim/RPG Record of Agarest War that had the "naughty edition"? Or do they just have similar names?

I've never seen any connections drawn before. A naughty edition loli dating sim of Lodos War would be weird. There's only one girl in the entire party! Although Ato is pretty girly . . .

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Tamako Market 07:

Even in this candy-colored world where everyone lives in childlike exuberance free of guile and cynicism, your life is still shitty and hopeless if you're ugly.

Ultimadrago

Ha!

Usagi Drop 01

I didn't hate the rest of the family as much as some people; some cousins of mine have kids, and even secondhand I have some sense of how much time and energy goes into raising a child, so I can't blame them for feeling reluctant.

I don't remember vilifying them much. I easily wouldn't have taken her in, regardless of any situation or standing.

Narag

Oh? I didn't know that. I mean, Western Elves usually have ears more like the ones you'd see on Spock. It's only in Japanese stuff that Elves seem to have ears that reach way out into open air. Unless we're talking Christmas Elves, and then I dunno, it could go either way.

That and Warcraft. It's crazy how influential it ended up being.

Theonik

Mirai Nikki 18
I strangely liked this episode. Nice to see a bit of backstory and while the tone is again all over the place it remained mostly fun.
I totally expect that third skeleton to be of the girl Yuuki was sending the letter to.

Narag

Gundam AGE 34

Asemu?
as a space pirate??
in the AGE-2 Dark Hound???
whose mere presence is even enough to fuck with the mighty Flit Asuno????
and then even successfully recreated and averted Woolf's death scenario?????
Fucking awesome.
I figure it'll end up being part of some stupid long range plan but the idea of Asemu rejecting Flit needed to be entertained at least once.

Little Busters! 20
tumblr_mipg74122w1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_mipg74122w1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Was the best line, shes right since they already confess their love awhile back hopefully more Naoe Kyosuke moments in the future.

Was glad were back to trying to discover the secret of the world, almost thought theyd abandon it but its so suspenseful and gripping week after week trying to figure or uncover what it is. Funny episode with Aikawa being a good side or supporting character. So lovestruck.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Mirai Nikki 18
I strangely liked this episode. Nice to see a bit of backstory and while the tone is again all over the place it remained mostly fun.
I totally expect that third skeleton to be of the girl Yuuki was sending the letter to.
I haven't responded much to your Mirai Nikki posts but lolololololol.

Necrovex

Gintama 17

Started watching some of this show again, since I have a bit more time now and finished the 9th doctor.

A fantastic episode. The introduction of what seems like the first pure sadistic character in Gintama. Though I cannot remember his name at the moment. This episode seems to teeter on the badass level. The moment between this individual and Gin-san was tense.

Also that old robot man was adorable. The OST continues to be top-notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom