• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher III: Blood and Wine - May 10 Preview Info

Wagram

30+ hours for what is essentially a $15 dollar expansion. Let me repeat that a 15 fucking dollar expansion.

CDPR putting other companies on notice.

More info!

• Grandmaster
    Cat
    armour will be hooded.
  • Grandmaster
    Griffin
    armour will get more chainmail, mostly around the neck area.
  • There's a new Witcher school called the
    School of the Manticore
    , with its own armour. It's the one that looks like the Witcher 1 armour.
  • 90-95% of meshes and textures are new.
  • Blood & Wine begins in Velen, in Mulbrydale
  • To start Blood and Wine you will have to have completed the 'A Poet under Pressure' quest. Hmm, I wonder why? :p As a book reader, yes!
  • [Book character spoiler]
    Regis
    is 100% confirmed.
  • Some new POI's include:
    cleaning vineyards and Prophet Lebioda's Path
  • Completing armour sets in 3 or 5/6 items gives Geralt a bonus.
  • In the Polish version, Jan Frycz will voice [book character]
    Regis. He regenerated because of a sacrifice made by another vampire, making them blood brothers.
  • You can place 3 custom markers on the map, and add a short comment to each of them.
  • You can play Gwent with the concierge that upgrades your Vineyard. :p
  • Interface stuff: You can now select signs by a simple mouse/stick move and hovering over a piece of armour shows its stats.

Artdayne

Remember when people were having a cow over CDPR calling their DLCs "expansions" and that the "expansions" cost money? Well, there's a good reason for it. LOL I can't help but feel like I'm ripping them off.

Nordicus

[*]You can place 3 custom markers on the map, and add attach a short comment to each of them.
Thank you CDPR! Map marker comments are something every open world game should do.

Also in-game player written journals. I don't care how lazy the implementation is, having your own notes saved with a save game can be helpful if you come back after a long break

X-Frame

Wow, Day 1.

Maybe I'll even take the day, Wednesday maybe just in case of any downloading issues.

Also, what is the backstory to BioWare cheering about the delay? I'm guessing I missed something?

CHC

Wow, Day 1.

Maybe I'll even take the day, Wednesday maybe just in case of any downloading issues.

Also, what is the backstory to BioWare cheering about the delay? I'm guessing I missed something?

Just drama. Witcher III was originally supposed to launch around the same time as Inquisition, so obviously the delay took the competition off of Bioware. But I'm not really sure how big a deal that wound up being in reality.

Weird, I can't seem to make that fit in the acronym.

Well, that's how it's used. There is a DLC category in Steam. Take a look. Or take a look in GOG Galaxy and see that Hearts of Stone is under the DLC section. DLC is extra downloadable content for a game.

cackhyena

Wow, Day 1.

I assume being worried Witcher 3 would severely eat into sales of Inquisition.

So I am assuming I could upgrade my Witcher School of the Wolf armor to Grandmaster status or is this for new Witchers armor in the game. Because wow did that cost me a lot of money. I might have to start playing gwent if I can for money and sell off as much as I can throughout the land. Seriously, any lesser sword I got than my Witcher swords i sold to the merchant.

Oh oh also I just remembered that there are also lots of treasure places I havent been to yet. Might as well start.

Auctopus

More info!

• Grandmaster
    Cat
    armour will be hooded.
  • Grandmaster
    Griffin
    School of the Manticore
    , with its own armour. It's the one that looks like W1 armour.
  • To start Blood and Wine you will have to have completed the 'A Poet under Pressure' quest. Hmm, I wonder why? :p As a book reader, yes!
    Regis
    is 100% confirmed.
  • Some new POI's include: cleaning vineyards and Prophet Lebioda's Path.
    Regis. He regenerated because of a sacrifice made by another vampire, making them blood brothers.
  • You can place 3 custom markers on the map, and add attach a short comment to each of them.
  • Interface stuff: You can now select signs by a simple mouse/stick move and hovering over piece of armour shows its stats.

Really like the sound of this. I was getting a bit sick of the look of Cat Armour even though it suits my play style but hooded sounds great.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Me right now.

1V1Txll.gif

Flipyap

I have a major fetish for player housing, so I can't help but be okay with it being added, but it really doesn't belong in this game.
By the time this expansion comes out, CD Projekt's Geralt will have nothing in common with Sapkowski's version of the character. He's about to go from a vagrant with attachment issues to an owner of multiple mansions across at least two kingdoms, supported by his sugar mama with a cushy government job.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I haven't been excited for video game news like this in a long time.

I just started playing W3 a few weeks ago. And while I'm taking my sweet time (lvl. 5), I've been floored by the quality of it nonetheless.

Having said that, I did notice some of the shortcomings, be it UI or otherwise. This update however will address a number of my concerns. This post release support is really admirable.

Between everything in Wild Hunt, Hearts of Stone, and now Blood and Wine, there is enough content with the name The Witcher 3 to be at least 3 full games. Just unreal what CDPR is giving us, I feel like I should be giving them more money.

Jeffrey

Urgh, need to go get all the School's armors upgraded... the fetch quest is super annoying even with a guide open :/

Hope there are just straightup better armor to get too that's not too hard to get in this dlc.

Palmer27

Might give this a shot in a year.
Despite the fact it's obviously superb, I never got into Hearts of Stone. I think the formula just wore thin after such an impressive number of hours.
Eventually I'll get a nice pc enjoy the hell out of this!

Bl@de

Option to remove fish-eye effect from witcher sense.

YES! Just talked to friends about how everyone hated witcher senses because of that.

The other changes sound awesome too. CD Projekt RED is amazing. Always trying to improve the games with add-ons and not "just" adding more quests.

friday

Perfect.

My current play through of Witcher 3 is finished with the main plot lines of Velen so I need to start pushing through the rest of the game. Might be ready by the time this comes out (probably not).

I love that this is just past the 1 year anniversary of Witcher 3 coming out.

abundant

Between everything in Wild Hunt, Hearts of Stone, and now Blood and Wine, there is enough content with the name The Witcher 3 to be at least 3 full games. Just unreal what CDPR is giving us, I feel like I should be giving them more money.

It depends on what your definition of full games is. The entire package easily has 150 - 200 hours of meaningful gameplay. If they release a GOTY edition, it will take the crown from The Orange Box as the best value in gaming.

CHC

Do we know if the UI changes effect the entire game? I mean I've been waiting to start so I would assume that once you begin they would.

Can't think of a reason that would be a paid feature and not just part of a general patch. HoS did the same thing if I remember correctly.

Do we know if the UI changes effect the entire game? I mean I've been waiting to start so I would assume that once you begin they would.

Yes they do. They're also coming for free, in the new patch before launch. They won't be gated behind B&W.

Any pictures of the new grandmaster armor?

There's the Griffin one. I think that's all they've showed so far but it'll give you an idea of the kind of visual upgrade.

Remember that you can also dye the armours now. I'm going black for sure. I wish they could have added Oathbreaker from TW2.

Manticore (not sure if it's Grandmaster)

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/eDYOXX2.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xfQrUpM.jpg[/IMG]

Grandmaster Ursine

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ZI5NOyc.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/25SWPhl.jpg[/IMG]

More info!

• Grandmaster
    Cat
    armour will be hooded
  • Grandmaster
    Griffin
    School of the Manticore
    , with its own armour. It's the one that looks like the Witcher 1 armour.
    Regis
    is 100% confirmed.
  • Some new POI's include:
    cleaning vineyards and Prophet Lebioda's Path
  • You can place 3 custom markers on the map, and add a short comment to each of them.
  • Interface stuff: You can now select signs by a simple mouse/stick move and hovering over a piece of armour shows its stats.

ah yeah, best armor just got better

Top Bottom