• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty - Official Gameplay Trailer

Fbh

You can Jump! And no trash loot!!

100% in!

They confirmed no loot?!?!

archer-stop-my-penis-can-only-get-so-erect.gif

no loot trash, yes please!

Exactly, that every-5-seconds OCD loot thing in Nioh was just...nope - as was the unecessary bullshit overly complex gameplay system that included using bumpers + 4 different fighting stances, it really felt to me like they went "hey look at our cool fighting systems, we're totally not ape-ing FROM's games !", I just found the whole thing to be obnoxious.
Finished Nioh 1 after 100+hours, tried the demo for 2 and...that was it, I just couldn't do it anymore.
Plus, the level design was also lacking IMO.

Hope this is more Ninja Gaiden /normal action game than another soulsborne half-clone like Nioh was.
Guess we'll have to wait and see...

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Exactly, that every-5-seconds OCD loot thing in Nioh was just...nope - as was the unecessary bullshit overy complex gameplay system that included using bumpers + 4 different fighting stances, it really felt to me like they went "hey look at our cool fighting systems , we're totally not ape-ing FROM's games", I just found the whole thing to be obnoxious.
Finished Nioh 1 after 100+hours, tried the demo for 2 and...that was it, I just couldn't do it anymore.
Also : the level design was also lacking IMO.

Hope this is more Ninja Gaiden /normal action game than another soulsborne half-clone like Nioh was.
Guess we'll have to wait and see...
I know what your saying but combat in Nioh was too good, hopefully for me this is that with all the shit stripped away.

OK before anyone mentions BLOODY sekiro again. I don't want ANYONE including FROM to copy that shit.

The gameplay was fun once but it's as shallow as puddle. It's hard and challenging but completely lacking choice and depth.

It was a cool experiment but that's all it should remain. This one trailer shows more gameplay variety than 60 hours in sekiro!

clarky

Gold Member
Not it is not, you can play NG like a perfectly normal action game without doing a single parry.

Good luck on playing sekiro that way.
lol NG is about 20 years its senior, it iterates and adds parry now From get dibs on actions games?

Last edited:
So in the ign article there seems likes there some kind of demon souls world tendency going on.

If you play better you get access to more powerful abilities and spells. But if you play badly you degrade and presumably lose spells...shit lol

clarky

Gold Member
So in the ign article there seems likes there some kind of demon souls world tendency going on.

If you play better you get access to more powerful abilities and spells. But if you play badly you degrade and presumably lose spells...shit lol
Was hoping for a straight action game but interested to see whats what, gotta say this just jumped to the top of most wanted right now.

Looks great.

Fbh

What do you mean no loot?

Not sure if confirmed, just quoted someone saying it.

Nioh 1 and 2 have a Diablo style loot system where every other enemy basically explodes into a bunch of color coded, randomly generated loot.
If you care about keeping your equipment updated (which you should as the games are challenging) and don't want to run out of inventory space, then at the end of every mission you have to sort through dozens (if not hundreds) of nearly identical items with slightly different stats and perks.

It's one of the few elements of those games I never liked, it's annoying, adds nothing to the game (for me at least), makes exploration unrewarding as finding some well hidden chest will just give you some random crap, and it make you spend more time than needed looking at menus.
Then again I've never liked loot games. I know other people love the loot stuff in Nioh.

clarky

Gold Member

Nioh 1 and 2 have a Diablo style loot system where every other enemy basically explodes into a bunch of color coded, randomly generated loot.
If you care about keeping your equipment updated (which you should as the games are challenging) and don't want to run out of inventory space, then at the end of every mission you have to sort through dozens (if not hundreds) of nearly identical items with slightly different stats and perks.

It's one of the few elements of those games I never liked, it's annoying, adds nothing to the game (for me at least), makes exploration unrewarding as finding some well hidden chest will just give you some random crap, and it make you spend more time than needed looking at menus.
Then again I've never liked loot games. I know other people love the loot stuff in Nioh.
I like loot games and Nioh bit it definitely had too much "fat" if you know what i mean.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fbh

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The question is if this game is an action game or RPG, Ninja team of few devs who get proper "inspiration" from Souls games instead of trying too hard to copy them like most other devs out there.

Reactions: Isa

clarky

Gold Member

Confirmed different loot system to Nioh!
Did you just link Reeeee? ewwww behave.

GymWolf

Gold Member

Oh i played nioh saga, i was asking clarification for the no loot in this new one.

I love both fixed set of weapons and diablo loot so i'm ok anyway.

Reactions: Fbh
Exact quote regarding loot from ign in June

Fans of the Three Kingdoms period are going to want certain weapons for different warlords, and that's definitely something we want to deliver on. But when compared to Nioh, you won't have to constantly upgrade your weapon or armor, and it's not like each enemy will drop an item. It's not the main focus of Wo Long's game design, as we wanted the player to be able to focus on the action more easily. That being said, we do still have a large variety of weapons to choose from," Yasuda said.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Everything in that trailer looked nice.

Not a clue about how the game will play tho. Is this supposed to be open world Nioh?

Fredrik

After Returnal I can handle anything. If it’s done well it won’t be any more punishing than losing souls. I don’t see them saying that you’ll lose spells though.

clarky

Gold Member
Exact quote regarding loot from ign in June

Fans of the Three Kingdoms period are going to want certain weapons for different warlords, and that's definitely something we want to deliver on. But when compared to Nioh, you won't have to constantly upgrade your weapon or armor, and it's not like each enemy will drop an item. It's not the main focus of Wo Long's game design, as we wanted the player to be able to focus on the action more easily. That being said, we do still have a large variety of weapons to choose from," Yasuda said.
Music to my ears.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Its definitely built on Nioh. Probably linear levels with some limited exploration
It's not openworld, it will have the same mission based structure. And seems like it will be more action, with rpg elements toned down.
It’s more structured than Elden Ring and more vertical compared to Nioh.
So somewhat like Nioh but without all the Diablo-like looting?

I'm all in for a linear action game where the action is the main focus. Wishlisted and patiently waiting.

YukiOnna

I'm so excited. Looks like a further upgrade on the art direction for levels from Nioh 2, too.
Looks like a more freeform Nioh combat than anything like Sekiro to me.

Reactions: Isa

Thief1987

So somewhat like Nioh but without all the Diablo-like looting?

I'm all in for a linear action game where the action is the main focus. Wishlisted and patiently waiting.
There definitely won't be diablo-like loot system, they clearly said this in interview. We have pretty limited information about other things because there are only one interview and this very short trailer. There will be livestream on TGS so hopefully we will get more in-depth information from there.

Fredrik

Really showing off the circular style in this trailer. I bet there's 4 other styles, minimum.

BlindFavorableAmericanbobtail-size_restricted.gif
That dodge looks so cool! 👌

(Reminds me of a couple friends that practised Hapkido, they did these small but super controlled fast circular motions avoiding hits and kicks, no slow wide leg stances etc, minimalism to the max, very cool)

Top Bottom