• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wonder Woman has surpassed Suicide Squad and BvS domestic Box Office

DeathyBoy

Banned
iO6qYTe.gif

Lol get back to us when a DC movie makes a billion.

See you in November then.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
You could have said that a few weeks ago and everyone would have thought you were crazy. It is most definitely damning of BvS, but also shows that quality matters.

BvS may have been critically lambasted, did less numbers, and just wasn't as good as Wonder Woman, yes. But hating on the movie is a boring and tired cliché at this point.

So Wonder Woman told an inspiring tale featuring a powerful immigrant freshly introduced and seeing our world for the first time, and that's good, and people needed it.

hXrgL9W.gif

BvS told a dark tale of an immigrant who has always been here, was a part of our world from the inside and felt he belonged, who then revealed his true power, and lost that sense of belonging when he saw how the America around him recoiled in fear.

I have the sense that if these movies grow shallow and weary the audience of their escapism, people will look back on BvS more kindly.

That's definitely true, but BvS and Squad still made a shit ton of money.

JL will be interesting when it launches later this year.

No doubt, but it's all relative, and a movie with Batman AND Superman should have made more than just "a shit ton of money".

I don't get why Suicide Squad was such a big hit considering it had no real brand cache prior to release. I blame Millennials.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Well-deserved. Easily the best DC movie since The Dark Knight.

Lol get back to us when a DC movie makes a billion.

WB has fucked up so bad that Iron Man is a bigger box office draw than Batman and Superman together. What kind of gargantuan L is that?

LionPride

Banned
Well-deserved. Easily the best DC movie since The Dark Knight.

WB has fucked up so bad that Iron Man is a bigger box office draw than Batman and Superman together. What kind of gargantuan L is that?
No one in the GP knew what a fucking Iron Man was, now he's a bigger draw than the second most popular hero in the world and another top 5 well known hero. That's...just wow

No doubt, but it's all relative, and a movie with Batman AND Superman should have made more than just "a shit ton of money".

I don't get why Suicide Squad was such a big hit considering it had no real brand cache prior to release. I blame Millennials.

Diversity = success. SS, F&F, other example here.

Whompa02

Small victory but...it deserves the praise and money. The movie was a thousand times better than any of the fucking garbage the rest of the DC universe has spewed out.

Alienous

That is not acceptable. Besides only Batman and Wonder woman actually had any iteration.

"This thing is from another world - my world"
"I've killed things from other worlds before"

and Wonder Woman sort of glances at Superman's corpse.

So ... Trinity.

GhaleonEB

BvS may have been critically lambasted, did less numbers, and just wasn't as good as Wonder Woman, yes. But hating on the movie is a boring and tired cliché at this point.

So Wonder Woman told an inspiring tale featuring a powerful immigrant freshly introduced and seeing our world for the first time, and that's good, and people needed it.

hXrgL9W.gif

BvS told a dark tale of an immigrant who has always been here, was a part of our world from the inside and felt he belonged, who then revealed his true power, and lost that sense of belonging when he saw how the America around him recoiled in fear.

I have the sense that if these movies grow shallow and weary the audience of their escapism, people will look back on BvS more kindly.
BvS will never stop being hated on because it's a piece of shit, and it's not going to look any better just because we've cleaned it off our shoes.

Glad to see Wondy showing the boys how it's done: make a good film. I'm so tickled at the performance.

Top Bottom