• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K16 |OT| 3:16 is not the metacritic score

Striker

If I create a wrestler in My Career mode, does that character then get uploaded for anyone else to view/download online? Or can I rest easy knowing that my lazily designed wish fulfilment wrestler will never be seen by anyone else?
You can enable your CAW to show up in a friend's MyCareer if you accept to do so. That's all I've seen it ask me.

What are the hour estimates for Hall of fame? 500 hours? 9001?

After 25 hours I hit the first Royal Rumble and #4 for Intercontinental. I was so excited but it made me do a rivalery match instead. Not even a mid 20's draw. Another shitty situation ngles match against a shitty superstar whose name I don't even remember whose 20 attribute points above me because every superstar besides 2 are above 80 except for me. I had to fight 92 bulldcocked Kevin Owens for the nxt championship even though he was way above my leauge. Fills like a ftp game with the slow payout of points and currency. Wouldn't be surprised to find micos if I connected to the internet. I digress, after I found out I had been excluded from the royal Rumble I deleted the game and returned it to the video store.

That's just the tip of my rambling anger that is "Career Mode". It was by far the worst simulation mode I've ever played for one reason alone. No continuity. Choose a belt and suddenly that belt is the focal point of the entire wwe. Nothing else matters. Intercontinental championship mainlining summerslam because reasons. That's why I always loved the NCAA games. So many teams, tournaments, and events always going on around you. You weren't the special darling if the industry. Wwe could(should) have that feeling. There was a time that Steve Austin, Dx, and The Rock could be fighting different people on the same card. It had a sense of scale and greatness that the career mode doesn't even begin too match. Instead you have 100 hours of " Hhh and the authority seem disappointed in you...". Ridiculous.

DryvBy

Someone gave me a digital code for PS4 but I already have the game. Anyone know any websites you can trade digital codes for different games?

KORNdoggy

d3IsfLJ.jpg

man, stone colds head either got really small or his shoulder got really wide. lol

We just need to get some sort of social media train running... #SaveUsAKI

I'm not gonna lie. I keep coming in this thread to see how this plan is moving along. #SaveUsAKI sounds like a good start. Maybe we could get them to do a reboot of Nintendo's Pro Wrestling. :eek:

LOL

Yukes, who made HCTP 12 years ago, makes bad wrestling games and should not be trusted. But AKI, who made No Mercy 15 years ago and has been making fashion games for the past decade, will save us? They probably don't even have anyone still on staff who made wrestling games.

LOL

Yukes, who made HCTP 12 years ago, makes bad wrestling games and should not be trusted. But AKI, who made No Mercy 15 years ago and has been making fashion games for the past decade, will save us? They probably don't even have anyone still on staff who made wrestling games.

I'd rather play a WWE Themed Style Savvy than WWE '16 so yeah

Hasney

LOL

Eh, they also did the Def Jam games and if Vendetta had more match modes, it would have been the best wrestling game of that generation. Fight for NY still plays like an Aki wrestling game even if it isn't in a ring, which they then got the feel right of the Yakuza PSP games which had similar systems again. I'm pretty sure they could do it considering that last Yakuza PSP was 2012.

THQ only dropped them because they weren't willing to commit to a yearly schedule. Seeing how Yuke's turned out when that happened, it was probably the right call.

ecurbj

LOL

latest

You would be surprised if you play this game. The amount of detail that AKi did with this game. This is one of the best underrated simulation games on the 3DS.

Savitar

Finally got my copy last night, took long enough. Amazon.ca you continue to disappoint.

I turned off the chain wrestling and the like and hmmm, first impressions. Not all that great.

Some faces look kinda puffy, Ricky Steamboat and Jake the Snake actually seem a tad worse in face than in one of the previous games that had them in it. It just stuck out like a sore thumb to me.

I skipped last year but the year before I enjoyed the game once I turned down some of the options for reversals. In that game it felt easier to get up and get out of harms way, but in this version once the computer starts to go to town on you it feels like your pretty much at their mercy until you hit a reversal yourself which is not always easy. It's annoying from kicking the computers ass some to suddenly having the tar beaten out of you and beaten if not struggling. Even worse is when your going through Austins Showcase and need to hit certain check points. Those have already been frustrating and feels much worse than again the previous version I played with. Even the button prompts seem to hang around until you wait to hit that one button. It just feels.....pointless? Unenjoyable.

First impressions only but it kinda made me want to go back to the version I had before.

I was doing my career mode with my CAW Hugo and this small glitch happened and I thought I would share it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWtOvXj6muU

Nothing too fancy, but it was the first time I saw something like that happen and the commentary following it just seemed to compliment it nicely.

I was messing around with CAW when I saw a Totino's shirt and made a Mr. Plinkett from the fairly famous Star Wars Prequel trilogy reviews. I wanted to base it more on the cartoon version from the reviews, but had to settle with a more "Half in the bag" version when I couldn't do what I wanted.

Right is entrance, left is wrestling attire.

Which leads me into stuff I hate about the CAW

Some of the decisions really confuse me. Maybe it has to do with wanting your CAW to look "normal" in Career mode cutscenes, but a lot of the restriction really tick me off.

Not being able to wear hats and certain jackets in a match seem like asinine decisions.
There seems to be a large lack of creative entrances.

I remember when you could do a Spider-Man entrance in Shut Your Mouth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntP_kI93_3Y

Hair choices are all fairly normal now too. No Guile or Super Saiyan stuff. But even then they seem to be missing some pretty common hair types. Like I saw no twin tail stuff to make something like R. Mika or Sailor Moon.

Smackdown games used to really let you have a nice selection of stuff to choose from that got you a fairly good facsimile of most wrestlers. I was searching on the download section of CAW and there was no good Tiger Mask and the Hayabusa was fairly iffy.

Overall, the clothing selection is fairly mundane. You really have to get creative with the add-on patterns to get something you like.

Apparently, the cancelled Mario Volleyball game had wrasslin'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkWjM0V5dW4

Now that is interesting. I wonder what the tone of the game was when you have Nintendo characters fighting in Smash Bros. Perhaps the selling animations? Maybe not wanting to see the characters actually writhe in pain?

Eh, they also did the Def Jam games and if Vendetta had more match modes, it would have been the best wrestling game of that generation. Fight for NY still plays like an Aki wrestling game even if it isn't in a ring, which they then got the feel right of the Yakuza PSP games which had similar systems again. I'm pretty sure they could do it considering that last Yakuza PSP was 2012.

THQ only dropped them because they weren't willing to commit to a yearly schedule. Seeing how Yuke's turned out when that happened, it was probably the right call.
Again...how much of that staff do we reasonably think is still there? I look at how depleted SNK's talent pool is, or hell even Capcom's (had to outsource to Dimps)... I'm just saying, AKI is unlikely able to produce the same quality as they could a decade ago.

El_Cinefilo

After reading all the positive reviews I caved in and picked it up. I think it's the best one I've played for a few years but it's a real mixed bag as usual. It's frustrating because when it works it one of the most fun experiences I have in games (especially with friends) but then it frequently doesn't for dumb reasons. Anyway my observations so far:

• Graphically it's all over the place, Some look better than others but in general I find the scanned wrestlers look really good and the others really bad. Short hair looks good and Long hair looks terrible. The ring looks good but the entrance area looks really bad, as do the crowds.
  • The commentary I actually found to be a bit better, Still really bad mind, but it seemed better than it's ever been (though that could just be because I've spent most of my time in showcase mode so far witch regurgitates the real commentary)
  • The Showcase mode is a cool idea (If you like Stone Cold) but elements are really badly implemented. The objectives are sometimes really vague or rely on the opponent doing something first that you couldn't know about. For example one of the first objectives I had was "Hit Bret Hart with the Stun Gun" Which as someone who watched the NWO with their cattle prod led me to start looking all over for one in the arena since I didn't know it was a move. One was "Hit Kane 3 times with a chair" in a royal rumble, But I couldn't get out the ring to get one. Eventually Kane went and got it himself after he did a move on me. Another told me to "Damage opponent outside the ring" then immediately after to hit them with a stunner only for it not to count because it was not in the ring.
    The QTE sequences are done terribly too with a small subtle prompt at the bottom of the screen during a minute or two long cut scene. This results in you having to just stare at the bottom of the screen since if you focus on the actual action on screen you'll likely miss it.

Also: "The Enforcer" instead of Mike Tyson?!? Come on now Yukes. Don't get cheap.

• The Gameplay I found to be the biggest improvement, The reversals limit and stamina meter add a lot to the game and stop everything becoming a reversal fest. I find doing moves through a table a lot harder to do now but that could just be me. I really don't like the submission system though (which is weird because it's blatantly ripped off from the UFC game which I like it in) and I've found myself losing really early on in matches where I haven't taken any damage on a few occasions.
  • The Caw system is good as usual but the face import is unnecessarily complicated and just doesn't work (Why can't it be like EA's Game face)
  • Played one online Hell in a cell match with a friend and had no lag issues, Although I did get stuck in the wall of the cell for a minute and had to walk around to free myself from it.

Ryce

Patch 1.02 is out:

GAMEPLAY
• Addressed several issues where performing a move would cause a character to warp unnaturally
• The AI should now be able to consistently climb to the second rope
• Fixed an issue where Superstars unnaturally dropped back to a prone position when interrupted while transitioning from a prone to kneeling position
• Fixed a warping issue when a kneeling Superstar attempted to pin a grounded opponent
• Reversing a ground stomp now provides the reversing character with adequate time to perform a follow-up action or attack
• Addressed an issue where a character could not use both Finishers if one was a strong strike and the other was a grapple
• In tag matches, reduced the delay for the AI to perform a double team tag
• Fixed several issues where reversal indicators weren’t appearing consistently
• Fixed several display and functional issues with leverage pins
• Fixed an issue with an attacker not cleanly transitioning into a dazed state after having a running attack reversed in the corner
• Reduced the delay before the victory scene after a Superstar wins a table match
• Addressed a delay that would occur if two different Stone Cold versions were used in a One-on-One match
• Addressed an issue where the player could lose character control after falling from the side of the cage onto a broken announce table in a Hell in a Cell match
• Addressed an issue where warping could occur when playing as a manager during entrance break-outs
• Addressed an issue with reversals consumed and momentum gained when reversing an announce table OMG! move
• Fixed an issue where a character would vibrate unnaturally when pushed against the ropes from chain wrestling
• Fixed an issue where the first count wasn’t grayed out when a character performs a pin after a Finisher in a steel cage match
• The charge finisher prompt now appears properly when performing a charged finisher from the top or middle rope
• Addressed several gameplay exploits that could occur in Elimination Chamber matches
• Fixed a stability issue that could occur when playing a Royal Rumble match
• Chain wrestling will no longer occur in a match after a character enters the ring with a foreign object
• Fixed an exploit where corner finisher were not properly consuming a Finisher icon under certain conditions

• Addressed numerous issues related to stability in online matches and when transitioning from the end of one match to another or when handling a player disconnection mid-match
• Alternate attires will no longer revert to the default attire and move-set when entering an online game
• Eliminated an issue where users could experience a prolonged hang while searching for a 2K Tonight match
• Fixed an issue where Custom Superstar names weren’t appearing correctly on the results screen after online matches
• Addressed an issue where a mic chat icon was incorrectly appearing for COM players
• Fixed an issue where the crowd wasn’t holding up sign boards for the Superstars or Divas in the current match
• Addressed an issue in which a player’s framerate suffered significantly after finding an opponent during a practice match
• Fixed an issue where character hair and the announce tables stopped displaying after a number of consecutive online matches
• Addressed an issue where hands were not animating as intended in online matches
• Fixed an issue with the referee’s size in 2K Tonight and WWE Live Matches
• Addressed an issue where Superstars could get stuck in an Elimination Chamber match under certain conditions

VISUAL PRESENTATION
• Fixed an issue where Superstars wearing an alternate attire were invisible during victory scenes
• Addressed lighting issues with several characters when using in custom arenas or with a custom entrance
• Addressed camera propping and clipping issues during the introduction sequence before title matches and during entrance break-outs
• Addressed several presentation issues that were occurring during replays after a match
• Addressed an issue with the pre-match title presentation when using a Custom Superstar holding a Custom Championship
• Addressed an issue where male managers for Divas were performing an inappropriate animation during victory scenes
• Fixed an issue where the referee behaved unnaturally during break outs in singles matches

WWE CREATIONS
• Addressed numerous clipping and warping issues with clothing parts used in certain combinations
• Addressed several stability issues when modifying various parts in combination
• Addressed an issue with designs failing to appear on faces in gameplay for Custom Superstars with a face photo image applied
• Edited Move-sets for a WWE Superstar or Diva will now copy properly to other characters rather than the default move-set
• Fixed an issue where face changes could revert when selecting ‘ACCEPT’ after using Face Photo and Face Deformation
• Fixed a large number of texture issues occurring with certain outfits
• Addressed an issue with hair styles appearing unnatural when paired with certain clothing options
• Logos can now be consistently applied to sleeves and the legs of longer outfits
• Addressed an issue with improper geometry on Divas’ heads when deforming the face to look smaller
• Fixed an issue where head accessory items were not applying properly when using a particular face template
• Fixed several issues where the dummies in Edit Move-set didn’t sync properly when performing a move
• Edited multiple moves in the ground category in Edit Move-set to highlight the correct respective body parts that they target
• Fixed an issue where numerous hairstyles were appearing with a green tint
• Fixed a hang that could occur when making color changes from the Edit Layers menu
• Fixed a loss of functionality that could occur when trying to access the Edit Parts or Edit Face menu for multiple Custom Superstars in a row

WWE COMMUNITY CREATIONS
• Improved overall download and search times when using Community Creations
• Fixed an issue with sort filters not displaying the expected content
• Addressed a stability issue when trying to download a character with max logos applied
• When searching for download items by a specific creator, the downloads page will no longer reset to show all listings after backing out of viewing one item
• Addressed an issue where the player couldn’t effectively search for their own uploaded creations using the “User’s Own” search condition
• Addressed an issue where custom entrance settings for Custom Superstars were not uploading to Community Creations
• Fixed an issue where alternate attire saves were not showing up in save slots, which allowed them to be unintentionally overwritten

2K SHOWCASE
• Fixed several stability and presentation issues that occur when skipping certain entrances or cutscenes
• Fixed a gameplay issue when pinning Austin as Triple H when playing the match for Special Objective “Triple H vs. Steve Austin”
• Addressed an issue when trying to complete the Special Objective “Three Time Royal Rumble Winner”
• Addressed lighting issues with characters in certain cutscenes
• Addressed a warping issue when restarting the King of the Ring 1996 match
• Addressed a stability issue that could occur in gameplay against Bret Hart in the Survivor Series 1996 match
• Addressed an issue where Stone Cold didn’t properly appear in the ring in a cutscene for the Survivor Series 1996 match.
• Fixed an issue that could occur with the pin meter during the Degeneration X: In Your House 1997 match
• Fixed an issue where the player could improperly fulfill an objective against Dude Love in the Over the Edge ’98 Match

MyCAREER
• Attributes, Abilities, and Skills now clearly display as grayed out when copying a move-set from a Custom Superstar via Quick Edit in MyCAREER
• Addressed an issue where relationships were not resetting properly upon the completion of a rivalry with a tag team
• Addressed an issue where an imported Custom Superstar would not appear properly until after the match against Enzo Amore if Career Invasion was toggled ‘on’
• Fixed an issue where the user could be matched against Sting while in a temporary alliance with him
• Eliminated an exploit where Sting’s bat could be used indefinitely during run-ins
• Addressed an issue where incorrect dialogue choices could occur during an interview
• Fixed oddities in camera movement during interviews when playing as a very short Superstar
• Fixed an issue where Tyler Breeze’s selfie stick would flicker and float in mid-air when the player performs a run-in on him
• Addressed issues where the ring announcer wasn’t correct calling the champion and challenger during certain events
• Addressed issues where an improper facial animation was used during certain scenes
• Fixed camera view and issues with Superstars gesturing to missing arena elements in several cutscenes
• Addressed an issue where commentary wasn’t playing properly in certain cutscenes
• The main event for the Royal Rumble Pay-Per-View will now always be a Royal Rumble match regardless of the title the player is currently pursuing
• Addressed several issues where interactions with The Authority were causing inconsistent rivalries and match bookings to occur
• Fixed an issue where the Finisher prompt wasn’t displaying properly for the player when first performing an entrance run-in during the tutorial
• Participants in the Tag Team Championship rankings now appear more frequently in singles competition, allowing the user more opportunities for run-ins to establish rivalries
• Fixed a few instances where cutscenes were ending abruptly
• Decreased the occurrence of matches against Career Invasion Superstars since they were happening too frequently
• Fixed several instances of ill-fitting commentary in various cutscenes

WWE UNIVERSE
• Title matches are now creatable for all matches on the match card. They do not require a rivalry.
• Addressed a title stability issue that could occur after a ‘No Content’ is called during a break out or run-in
• Rivalry matches with customized participants no longer appear blank on the match card
• Fixed several instances where match events weren’t triggering under the appropriate conditions
• Addressed an issue where the No. 1 Contender rank wasn’t properly displayed under “Current Ranking” when editing Superstars or Divas
• Fixed an issue where the crowd didn’t appear correctly if entering a WWE Universe match when exiting WWE Online under certain conditions

MENU
• Addressed several instances where a player’s UI could become blurred
• Reduced the delay before the match begins after the loading screen bar appears full

AUDIO
• Fixed numerous issues with impact sounds for certain moves or actions playing twice or not at all
• The ring announcer will now correctly announce the team name of a custom team
• Eliminated a random buzzer noise that would play during the pre-match against the AI when matchmaking for a 6-Man Elimination Chamber match
• Lilian Garcia now announces Custom Superstars when holding a title and mentions custom championships as intended
• Impact audio will now play properly when throwing a Superstar onto a table in a Table or Extreme Rules match

DLC
• Added support for the WWE 2K16 New Moves Pack downloadable content ahead of release. Players who have not purchased the downloadable content will still be able to matchmake with and participate in matches against those who have the downloadable content installed.
• Fixed a stability issue with editing Arnold T1’s entrance in Advanced Creation

Hasney

I think that's more changes in one patch than the last 3 games have had combined.

Looking at that authority thing makes me want to go try again at some point.

atomsk

Party Pooper
"• Fixed an issue where face changes could revert when selecting ‘ACCEPT’ after using Face Photo and Face Deformation "

man this one would have been nice before I had to make several CAWs from scratch multiple times because everything looked good until I saw how they looked in an entrance.

"Addressed several instances where a player’s UI could become blurred "

saw that happen once on a friends copy.

SHarris78

After many, many iron man matches, on easy, against General Adnan, I think i've finally worked out how to use the submission system - I managed to submit him 6 times in a match!

I had been stuck on the Austin V Hart WM13 match due to the submission system, but I just got Hart to give up from a sleeper.

Even though getting out of a submission shouldn't be that much different, I can't seem to pull that off at all! I stunnered Adnan in one match only for him to reverse my next move and make me submit!

SHarris78

When you get in the Showcase menu, there's an option to change difficulty.

Saves a lot of headaches.

I've read from others to lower the difficulty (i'm only playing on normal as it is!). To have to do that to get around a dodgy game mechanic though - surely something will be patched in to either make it easier or maybe change the system completely?

Good to see some them actually fixing things post launch.

I think this game can be pretty solid if they clean up a few more things and prevent the online desyncs dont happen.

I mostly play offline and local multiplayer and im still enjoying the game in short spurts.

After many, many iron man matches, on easy, against General Adnan, I think i've finally worked out how to use the submission system - I managed to submit him 6 times in a match!

I had been stuck on the Austin V Hart WM13 match due to the submission system, but I just got Hart to give up from a sleeper.

Even though getting out of a submission shouldn't be that much different, I can't seem to pull that off at all! I stunnered Adnan in one match only for him to reverse my next move and make me submit!

You think that's bad wait until the ladder hadicap match against the mcmahons. Pure bullshit.

DrZeus

Is there another alt attire glitch? I feel like my downloads are disappearing once i assign them to be an alt attire. I know there was the invisible glitch where someone actually disappears in the post match celebration. I'm referring to the actual alt attires not even be selectable pre match.

"Fixed an issue where alternate attire saves were not showing up in save slots, which allowed them to be unintentionally overwritten"

I knew it! They're actually sorting out issues with patches in the first 2 weeks? Interesting.

Valkrai

WWEGAF, I need your help. I was thinking of picking up WWE 13 since its super cheap to get but don't know if its any good. Is it worth picking it up for $20 or should I skip it? Last game I played was SvR 2009 and I hated it.

I'm also considering getting SvR 2008 or a completely different game (Tony Hawk's Project 8)

Ryce

WWEGAF, I need your help. I was thinking of picking up WWE 13 since its super cheap to get but don't know if its any good. Is it worth picking it up for $20 or should I skip it? Last game I played was SvR 2009 and I hated it.

I'm also considering getting SvR 2008 or a completely different game (Tony Hawk's Project 8)
WWE '13 is only worth getting if you absolutely love the Attitude Era.

SvR 2008 is by far the worst game in the SmackDown series. Do not get it under any circumstance.

Hasney

Tony Hawks pretty neat, I'd grab that. Or Skate 2 if you never had it.

Valkrai

SvR 2008 is by far the worst game in the SmackDown series. Do not get it under any circumstance.

Really? I loved 2007 and 2008. o_O

Tony Hawks pretty neat, I'd grab that. Or Skate 2 if you never had it.

I had Skate 2 as well as P8. I love Skate 2 but I got burned out on it after playing it for so long. I'm a massive fan of the TH series but I will not play Robomodo's crap unless its $10 or cheaper.

WWE '13 is broke as hell. If you are playing with other people it's not a big deal, but if you play against the AI, everything is broken. Stats don't work, the AI doesn't do its finisher instead opting to try to put you through the announce table or the barricade. No near falls, ever, everyone kicks out of a finisher at the 1 count like Brock Lesnar.

Ryce

Really? I loved 2007 and 2008. o_O
SvR08's gameplay, graphics, and framerate are all garbage, and the awful "fighting style" mechanic severely handicaps the wrestlers' move sets. There are tons of signature moves that can't be assigned to certain wrestlers because of fighting style restrictions. Ultimate control grapples and struggle submissions are also terrible ideas; SvR07 has 100+ submission moves, and SvR08 only has a dozen. And then there's 24/7 Mode. The game is a mess.

In retrospect, the only games in the series worth playing are Here Comes the Pain and Shut Your Mouth. Yuke's was masterful at depicting certain characters. It really felt like you were playing as Rock, Austin, Hogan, HHH, Jericho, RVD, and so on.

Branson

SvR08's gameplay, graphics, and framerate are all garbage, and the awful "fighting style" mechanic severely handicaps the wrestlers' move sets. There are tons of signature moves that can't be assigned to certain wrestlers because of fighting style restrictions. Ultimate control grapples and struggle submissions are also terrible ideas; SvR07 has 100+ submission moves, and SvR08 only has a dozen. And then there's 24/7 Mode. The game is a mess.

In retrospect, the only games in the series worth playing are Here Comes the Pain and Shut Your Mouth. Yuke's was masterful at depicting certain characters. It really felt like you were playing as Rock, Austin, Hogan, HHH, Jericho, RVD, and so on.

I would say the most well regarded two are 2006 and HCTP with honorable mention Smackdown 2. Or SYM is also a good one too.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Addressed an issue where male managers for Divas were performing an inappropriate animation during victory scenes

Bwahahaha

Not sure what they mean, but it sounds hilarious.

Top Bottom