• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Battleground '17 |OT| A Canadian, Bulgarian, and Maharajah walk into a bar...

Well, people always complain Charlotte wins too much. So here are. lol

Also we are 100% getting Charlotte and Becky vs. Lana and Tamina at SS.

this is a piss take

naomi vs natalya is like the worst thing they could do with this

Nah. They could have done Naomi vs. Tamina. Or Naomi vs. Lana again.

This is not a good option though.

fauxtrot

Banned
Yeah, I tried... I just can't with this right now. Gonna finish Day 3 instead (just got to Elgin v Okada). Godspeed, y'all.

TheeDanielJ

Neo Member
They could be building to the return of the queen of strong style....

Remember the history between Natalya, Carmella, and Nikki.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
My friends and I have a prop bet going for how many times we will hear the phrase "whatever it takes" between the last match and the next. Up to 5 times so far.

Let's be real, Becky vs Naomi was the option that wouldn't suck

They aren't going to do babyface vs. babyface. They rarely do that for big title matches. It's why Charlotte didn't win.

That match just now was basically entirely built around building to Charlotte and Becky vs. Tamina and Lana.

I really hope they raid some talent from the Womens tournie

The bracket just feels like a joke and we need more stars on rotation to make it seem like a competitive division

Smackdown at least uses the division fully

The issue is that they never let these people go. Tamina's still in the company despite doing nothing, same with Natty to a lesser extent, plus now Lana's no longer a valette for some reason. The women aren't given enough time to develop stories for a roster of it's size as it is and things are even worse on RAW.

i can't wait for promos entirely composed of talking about the glow and how natalya's the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be

XrRxESL.gif

God what a shitshow

The issue is that they never let these people go. Tamina's still in the company despite doing nothing, same with Natty to a lesser extent, plus now Lana's no longer a valette for some reason. The women aren't given enough time to develop stories for a roster of it's size as it is and things are even worse on RAW.

The problem is that they want Lana's gimmick to be "she's a bad wrestler". Having someone on your TV being pushed specifically because they are terrible at their job is a fucking idiotic idea that only WWE would ever run with long-term.

i can't wait for promos entirely composed of talking about the glow and how natalya's the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be

Not gonna lie, I had a chuckle on SD when Natalya did that shtick right after criticising Charlotte for coasting off her legacy, classic heel hypocrisy.

Outside that context though, eep.

aj's title win seemed very out of nowhere and wasn't the plan when the feud started for him to win it so soon since ko had so much stuff dedicated to the face of america gimmick for it to last just a month and abit

like the feud will end tonight and then what? ko goes back to the old stuff?

Dthomp

aj's title win seemed very out of nowhere and wasn't the plan when the feud started for him to win it so soon since ko had so much stuff dedicated to the face of america gimmick for it to last just a month and abit

I thought it was solely because of the AJ DVD they are doing and that they felt they needed another "Big" moment for the DVD, hence winning at MSG

I kind of just wish we had 205 Live replaced with a Womens show. Take them off Smackdown or Raw, or have one champion that goes to both shows.

Keep the cruiserweights on Raw.

Or maybe put both divisions on one show. Or change MXT up to not be taped all at once, and have stars go to NXT to treat it as its own show, that still acts as development

They have a great womens roster but the split hurts

It seems totally random but at least it means Kevin won't be able to win through count out/DQ.

I want this to lead to AJ vs. Shinsuke but the way this night is going, it'll be AJ vs. English.

Match of the night incoming, but that is not hard

Still have faith for a big spot during the main event (with Jinder's boys), so will watch while not hating myself

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
My stream has turned to potato quality. Game of Thrones is probably hogging all the neighborhood bandwidth.

I kind of just wish we had 205 Live replaced with a Womens show. Take them off Smackdown or Raw, or have one champion that goes to both shows.

Keep the cruiserweights on Raw.

Or maybe put both divisions on one show. Or change MXT up to not be taped all at once, and have stars go to NXT to treat it as its own show, that still acts as development

They have a great womens roster but the split hurts

It doesn't matter how much talent they have when they insist on pushing dogshit like Nia Jax and Tamina and Lana.

I want this to lead to AJ vs. Shinsuke but the way this night is going, it'll be AJ vs. English.
I think it goes Cena vs AJ because they planted the seeds for it a couple weeks ago plus they mentioned AJ and Cena are the only people to win the US belt at MSG which would probably get a few promo mentions.

I thought it was solely because of the AJ DVD they are doing and that they felt they needed another "Big" moment for the DVD, hence winning at MSG

It also helps sell house show tickets (it was a house show right?) because it helps shake up the idea that nothing substantial happens at house shows

Match of the night incoming, but that is not hard

Still have faith for a big spot during the main event (with Jinder's boys), so will watch while not hating myself

Singh bros gonna somehow get backdropped onto the spiky bamboo topping the first cage and bounce down through a table inbetween the cages for our entertainment.

Kevin Owens is great.

It's so odd that they're over-selling the US championship... Also they mention the 42 year history of the belt, it was inactive for a really long time right?

It doesn't matter how much talent they have when they insist on pushing dogshit like Nia Jax and Tamina and Lana.

I feel thats partly because the split hurts

Nia and Tamina can be better off on a universal roster where they can develop separately from the many other talents

And we could even see something like a womens tag division

None of them are going to be in the title matches in summerslam though.

We can't be sure that Nia's not in the Raw match. Not until they announce it.

And plus there's a high chance that Lana and Tamina are on the card, and even that is more than they should get given someone like Emma is languishing on Raw.

I feel thats partly because the split hurts

Nia and Tamina can be better off on a universal roster where they can develop separately from the many other talents

And we could even see something like a womens tag division

They already have access to women more talented than those three and choose not to use them, so what makes you think they wouldn't use them if they had more?

Top Bottom