• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13th at 9:30 AM PDT / 12:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOR5

Hype thrusters

R7UJXfr.gif

Aaaaand WE'RE OFF

dmix90

Break MP paywall, Phil..........Do it!

Pros:
1. MAU, Goodwill and Microtransactions revenue increase.
2. Many people will still subscribe to Gold to keep games they already got from GWG or for future offerings. They also can introduce new perks to subscribers.
3. No need to spin and explain why MP is free on PC in the same games and on the same servers.

Cranster

Banned
Hopes:

Halo 3 Annv.
Forza Horizon 3
Sea of Thieves Gameplay
Recore Gameplay
Crackdown Gameplay
Halo Wars 2 Gameplay
Elder Scrolls Game
New Red Dead
I don't think we will be getting a Halo 3 Anniversary announcement. If they are making one (and it's related to a future MCC update) I don't think it will be announced until next E3. I wouldn't be surprised if they announce another spinoff (ODST 2?) or show off the TV series. There is also the slight possibility they may show a teaser trailer for Halo 6 with a possible holiday 2018 release.

More than likely though outside of Halo Wars 2 gameplay plus Beta release we will get news on future Halo 5 Support and perhaps an MCC related update.

jelly

I hope he hides the slim console under the shell of the Xbox One for the size difference shock and similar to how they did the 360 slim reveal.

Sounds to me like this is a soft partly major reset of Xbox and that's why it's a big deal.

Fredrik

It's like an MMO. Almost everyone needs to pay a sub for WoW (Xbox), but internet cafe shops in the east can play WoW for free (Win10).
That explanation wouldn't work, sorry. The reality is that Xbox Live Gold subscription, or the online gaming part of it at least, needs to go now that Win10 will have the first party games too. They could keep the sub for the "free" games like previous gen PS+ though.

SOR5

Reminder that the team rehearsed this E3 like a wargames scenario

Moore/Allard/Spencer did this with the 360 (with Moore playing the role of Kutaragi, the man who slain his Dreamcast) and it propelled them upwards, apart from when comparing to Nintendo, they completely discounted them because of the Gamecube, to quote from their IGN Podcast: "Hahahah the Wii steamrolled us"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom