• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Ultimate Summer Sale Jun 30 - July 10 - XB1,360,W10 - 300+ items

danowat

Banned
Ehhh, bit underwhelming, not really much in terms of highlights there, picked up both Dishonored 2 and Quantum Break in a supermarket for a tenner each last week.

AmyS

For someone like me looking for a good deal on Forza Motorsport 6 and its DLC, this seems really good.

Forza Motorsport 6 Platinum Edition Bundle - $31.25 - 75% off - $41.25 - 67% off

Dueck

Banned
I'm sad SFIV wasn't on sale, but I have Ultra on 360 (thanks for clearly not letting it become b/c, Capcom). I bought Deadpool and I will probably get the DS3 season pass. I bought the game at launch and still haven't even used it (embarrassing), but I know I will get around to it eventually.

GHG

I can't believe Recore is still $20. It will definitely be GWG at some point so I can wait.

Will just get the Porsche car pack for FH3 and that's me done.

Gowans

Deals that jump out

I own
£ 2.72 - Terraria
£ 3.00 - Saints Row Gat Out of Hell
£ 6.40 - Overcooked
£ 6.60 - State of Decay
£ 7.92 - Metro Redux Bundle
£ 8.00 - Ori
£ 8.05 - Enter The Gunegoen
£ 9.59 - ABZU
£ 9.74 - Snake Pass
£10.71 - NBA Playgrounds
£11.19 - Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
£13.39 - Doom
£15.00 - Titianfall 2
£16.00 - Dying Light
£17.50 - The Witcher 3 Complete
£25.59 - Cities Skylines
£32.50 - Halo Wars 2 Ultimate (+HW1)
£43.99 - Injustice 2

On my watchlist
£ 3.00 - Deadlight
£ 3.96 - Song of The Deep
£ 4.80 - ClusterTruck
£ 6.40 - Oxenfree
£ 8.39 - Human Fall Flat
£ 9.40 - Far Cry 4
£10.00 - Superhot
£10.00 - Tropico 5
£10.71 - Subnautica
£10.71 - Tokyo 42
£11.19 - Little Nightmares
£11.25 - Just Cause 3
£11.99 - Portal Knights
£12.80 - The Witness
£12.80 - Dark Souls 2
£14.00 - Far Cry Primal
£14.99 - Recore
£15.99 - The Culling
£16.00 - Dead Rising Triple Pack
£16.79 - Rock Band 4 Rivals Add On
£20.00 - Dark Souls 3
£22.49 - ESO Morrowind
£24.00 - Final Fantasy XV
£25.00 - Dead Rising 4
£25.00 - Skyrim SE
£27.50 - Mass Effect Andromeda
£30.24 - For Honour
£31.79 - Resident Evil 7
£35.74 - Wildlands
£43.99 - CoD Infinite Warefare + Morden Warfare Remastered

On the Possibly Pile
£ 4.80 - ClusterTruck
£ 8.39 - Human Fall Flat
£ 9.40 - Far Cry 4
£10.00 - Superhot
£10.71 - Tokyo 42
£11.19 - Little Nightmares
£11.99 - Portal Knights
£12.80 - The Witness
£15.99 - The Culling
£16.79 - Rock Band 4 Rivals Add On

If were a little cheaper
£31.79 - Resident Evil 7
£35.74 - Wildlands
£43.99 - CoD Infinite Warefare + Morden Warfare Remastered

Thought I'd give Dead Rising 4 a shot at £25, got my expectations in check so hoping it surprises me.

Also interested in Deadpool, I know it's a last gen game but does it perform well on the Xbone?

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 bundle
The Walking Dead: Michonne
Ori and the BLind Forest Definetive Edition

Sad to realize how little love is given to the majority of the indies in this kind of sales (and yes, I know there was an Indie sale recently, but is was very limited in content). I have the feeling that some games for one reason or another are never on sale, while others never miss a sale.

Many 360 I would buy if they were BC

I am massively tempted by the final fantasy 15 deluxe.

My backlog is monstrous so I actually don't need to buy anything until next year.

The thing my back log is missing is a current gen Final Fantasy.....

(have ff XIII-2 and LR to play but I can't be arsed booting up my 360 just to play them.
BC please......
)

Gwyn

I can't believe Recore is still $20. It will definitely be GWG at some point so I can wait.

Will just get the Porsche car pack for FH3 and that's me done.

Tbh not worth playing now, good game but the load times will make you fall asleep
Imo wait for the definitive edition

Gorki247

From Xbox One games I'm getting QB, Wolfenstein Old Blood, LEGO Avengers (and maybe SW:TFA) and some expansion packs for games I already own. Also getting Witcher 3 - I assume GOTY edition is the one to go for?

I'm also very tempted by Fallout 4, but should I go for regular edition for £13.39, regular w season pass for £37.98 or the digital deluxe bundle for £49.99.

What does the deluxe bundle have that the season pass doesn't have.

Kill3r7

Nothing for me this time around. I would have bought DS3 deluxe except I played the base game on my PS4. I already own everything else that is worthwhile.

I am massively tempted by the final fantasy 15 deluxe.

My backlog is monstrous so I actually don't need to buy anything until next year.

The thing my back log is missing is a current gen Final Fantasy.....

(have ff XIII-2 and LR to play but I can't be arsed booting up my 360 just to play them.
BC please......
)

Wait until the holidays. It will be on sale again and likely cheaper.

MANGOD

Banned
Sorry to go a little ot but if you have a play anywhere title on an external hard drive can you just plug in and play on both xbox and pc?

Gwyn

Didn't ReCore received a patch shortly after launch that improved the loading time like big time?

I played the game after the patch and if you care about collecting stuff you have to travel alot or swap bots all the time and you spent alot of time in loading screens.

There are dungeons that you have to play more than once to get everything since some of them are hard and the load times for "restarting" the dungeon is so boring.

That was my only complaint about the game i bought it for $20 some time ago.

Also there is still missing content so imo wait for definitive edition

graywolf323

doesn’t look like there’s any DLC on sale? at least I checked a few of the 360 games but the DLC all looked regular price :(

Nothing for me this time around. I would have bought DS3 deluxe except I played the base game on my PS4. I already own everything else that is worthwhile.

Wait until the holidays. It will be on sale again and likely cheaper.

I'm sat in work listening to the distant world albums, and at this moment in time all I want to do is run around XV...

SpotAnime

Anyone on the fence about Dead Rising 4 - it is boring as hell. Stick with the originals/remasters and wait for a better discount.

That Far Cry bundle is one hell of a deal. Two games for the PSN sale price of Primal alone, and the XBO versions hold up well against both the PS4 and PC.

How is Mass Effect Andromeda nowadays?

Are the updates promised already patched on the game?

Are the facial animations still an immersion breaker or have they improved?

Rodhull

How is Mass Effect Andromeda nowadays?

Are the updates promised already patched on the game?

Are the facial animations still an immersion breaker or have they improved?

There are still patch(es) to come but the main ones they talked about are out.

Facial animations still aren't as good as a lot of AAA games but were massively improved by first couple of patches.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
They put Deus Ex Mankind Divided on sale as well as the Deluxe edition....

But the season pass is still $29.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn.

Woohooo

I scored Mass Effect and Outlast. Prices are not bad. Some are still a bit overpriced though compared to physical.

I have a question to all about Halo Wars 2 season pass. Does this pass not include any future campaign content? I see complaints about it only containing leaders and some other non-campaign items.

Just want a clear understanding what this Season Pass contains. Thanks all.

Woohooo

I scored Mass Effect and Outlast. Prices are not bad. Some are still a bit overpriced though compared to physical.

I have a question to all about Halo Wars 2 season pass. Does this pass not include any future campaign content? I see complaints about it only containing leaders and some other non-campaign items.

Just want a clear understanding what this Season Pass contains. Thanks all.

Maybe check out the ultimate edition as it includes the first Halo Wars and it might have the season pass..I'm not 100% sure though

How are the smaller games here?

Flame in the flood?
Little nightmares?

What else is good

Little Nightmares is a great game. My opinion, I thought it was a bit short. Either way, great environment and fun to play. I think there's a DLC that's out too or coming out soon.

So if I buy the Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition, can I play it on BOTH Win 10 and Xbox One? Not at the same time, I assume, but I can use the code on both systems?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
So if I buy the Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition, can I play it on BOTH Win 10 and Xbox One? Not at the same time, I assume, but I can use the code on both systems?
It's a Play Anywhere title isn't it? If so, yes.

Mashing

I may have to break down and get SoTN on Xbox rather than my Playstation console even though I've heard the port is not as good. What do you guys think?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
I didn't know whether Play Anywhere implied "for a single code you can play this on either system" or if it meant "one code allows you to download and play it on both"
Second one.

Of course you use the same Xbox Live account and it's Windows 10 only on the PC side. But it's one code, one account, 2 Platforms.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't know whether Play Anywhere implied "for a single code you can play this on either system" or if it meant "one code allows you to download and play it on both"

It's one purchase linked to your account. So you can download and play it on Xbox and PC.

Top Bottom