• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

RavenH2

Getting quite the collection going..

bMIixDZ.jpg

jrKZYpg.jpg

oMTMJQ3.jpg

8cjpETl.jpg

.la1n

Makes me realize how quickly the current games and apps section is going to become tedious to get through. It's already kind of a pain to navigate with my current amount of games. I hope they have something much more streamlined in the works.

JaggedSac

Makes me realize how quickly the current games and apps section is going to become tedious to get through. It's already kind of a pain to navigate with my current amount of games. I hope they have something much more streamlined in the works.

Anniversary update will have an updated UI as per Ybarra.

Yoday

I get that people want a redesign, and I want something that fits with the new UI more too, but what makes the current games list so hard to navigate? I have always found it pretty simple and quick to use. Installed and uninstalled are separated, there are numerous filters, bumpers can be used for faster navigation, and items can be hidden. Maybe it's because I started the generation dealing with Sony's abysmal library section, but I have never had a problem with the current system.

Lost Oddyssey was the true Final Fantasy of last gen, as far as I'm concerned. Shame Mistwalker doesn't seem interested in making AAA games anymore. If it had been ported to PS3 it probably would've done better.

Lol what?
You mean, shame no one is funding them to make triple A games anymore.

Erimriv

Waiting for the Mass Effect games, played the first two and just got the third one. Would love to re-play them all just before andromeda cames out.

Tried sonic 3 & knuckles and it seems like there is enough input lag that it's throwing off the timing of my jumps and direction changes during special stages. It's noticeable during regular gameplay but not nearly as much. Anybody else having this issue?

Also extremely excited that they finally got multidisc games to work.

arhra

I get that people want a redesign, and I want something that fits with the new UI more too, but what makes the current games list so hard to navigate? I have always found it pretty simple and quick to use. Installed and uninstalled are separated, there are numerous filters, bumpers can be used for faster navigation, and items can be hidden. Maybe it's because I started the generation dealing with Sony's abysmal library section, but I have never had a problem with the current system.

It's not that it's hard to navigate, it just doesn't scale particularly well to a large collection.The current two-tiles-tall horizontal scroll works fine up to around a few dozen games or so, but if you've got much more than that, the amount of paging back and forth that's needed just gets to be a bit much (I have a little over 100 games installed currently, which means 10 bumper presses to get from one end to the other).

im_dany

There are two things that bother me: the ready to install list is really slow and if you more right too fast in the games list you jump at the end before it finishes loading, missing half the list in my case, and that's annoying if I set the list order as A-Z and want to play something like Titanfall for example.

Chitown B

There are two things that bother me: the ready to install list is really slow and if you more right too fast in the games list you jump at the end before it finishes loading, missing half the list in my case, and that's annoying if I set the list order as A-Z and want to play something like Titanfall for example.

"Xbox Go To Titanfall"

;)

Ein Bear

Tried sonic 3 & knuckles and it seems like there is enough input lag that it's throwing off the timing of my jumps and direction changes during special stages. It's noticeable during regular gameplay but not nearly as much. Anybody else having this issue?

Also extremely excited that they finally got multidisc games to work.

I think that's more a problem with the shitty Backbone version of the game, rather than a problem introduced through backwards compatibility. That company is hot garbage, all the games they released last gen were riddled with problems. I wish Sega would release those Taxman ports of Sonic 1 & 2 on consoles at the very least.

Chitown B

That would be cool if a Kinect didn't cost 150€.

A friend gave me his broken one but I didn't manage to fix it. Tried everything on Xbox.com, bypassed a broken fuse on the board, but it still doesn't turn on.

I see you were not an early adopter. We had to buy it.

Livingskeletons

If I pulled that off, would you die?
Or they're no longer coming at all...
What the fuck I will weep if Red Dead Redemption and Black Ops are no longer coming.

Red Dead is coming. Hell it was playable for a little bit.

Not sure about Black Ops though and with Activision remastering COD 4 it doesn't give me a lot of hope.

hetchi

Bought Fable 2. So far so good.

There has been slow down now and again but it was like that originally for me.

Never played fable, is the remake compatible yet as its not on the store.

The Anniversary remake isn't yet. I have been waiting for that one since last year. I never did beat it. Definitely making a new save since I don't remember where I was up to.

Chris1

Or they're no longer coming at all...
What the fuck I will weep if Red Dead Redemption and Black Ops are no longer coming.

That would be some fucked up shit if they announced games they were still in the middle of talks about.... I doubt that's the case and if it was I think MS would have said something about it, instead they've been quiet (weekend I know, but idk when they removed that). We know EA is on board too, so Skate should be coming.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
RDR is coming, it's just a matter of when. Microsoft and Rockstar have had exclusive deals in the past. IMO the delay is either because we could be getting a remake or Microsoft will just have a huge announcement at E3 of "RDR, Lost Odysee, Blue Dragon, Ninja Gaiden 2 backwards compatible today!"

I personally don't think Rockstar is making a remaster of RDR just yet but I'm sure we'll see an announcement at E3.

With Black Ops I think Activision is going to make it as hard as possible to make the game BC on Xbox One without trying to get some money from the consumer via preorder like they did with COD4:MW remaster.

RE: Jet Grind Radio on XBLA. Did the original Xbox 360 port have audio and visual problems when it was released?

Played a bit of it a few days ago and the audio seems off and it seems like Sega messed with the visuals as well. Doesn't look or sound as crisp as the Dreamcast release.

Andodalf

Banned
played some reach 2 v 1 online with a friend who had a member in his party, It was difficult to make work, had to form a party on the Xbox 360 mini dash then invite, but then worked fine!

Definitely making more purchases for Xbox 360 games with this gen games being on PS4.

The COD: MW collection is out soon . should make that Backwards compatible as I would buy each one.

LostDonkey

It's a long shot maybe but I would like RayStorm. I believe there was a HD remake for x360, I only ever played the PS1 version in high school on a chipped console with a Japanese imported copy but I loved it and would like to play it again.

Bsigg12

I really, really hope they show/release to Insiders an updated My Games and Apps section soon. All these games are making that even more of a disaster than it was.

I really, really hope they show/release to Insiders an updated My Games and Apps section soon. All these games are making that even more of a disaster than it was.

Seriously. Both consoles are missing some key features.

We need folders, a seperated download list, search, tagging and for heavens sake not a horizontal scroll

Top Bottom