• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One sells one million+ (sell through to consumers) in all territories worldwide

Very nice news.
Now can we put the end to console gaming is dead meme...?

No really yet, its expected so sell a lot initially[both consoels][ its later on what they talk about. Everyone should be hoping both sell tons to prove those people wrong. Quit the fighting and realize those people are against us and doubting our industry.

SRTtoZ

What type of numbers do we expect for PS4 next week when it launches in EU? I mean, is it actually possible that PS4 outsells the XB1 2:1 after the EU launch?

Road

"less than 24 hours".

I guess that's the best spin they could give. =P

Also if it's xbox history only, did the ps4 do better numbers in NA alone than the xbox did WW?

seems weird.

The reason Sony said "PS history" and Microsoft, "Xbox history", in each of their statements is there being hardly any information about the sales in the first 24h for all video game consoles launches.

TomoK

Banned
That's excellent considering all the online hate agenda and the policies that everyone hated. Did not expect that much.

Atomsky

Banned
I think this reflects a sad fact that all us gamers have grown old enough to actually afford consoles and... We are still buying them :p

jbug617

Banned
Here is what Polygon posted from the release.

Calling it the "biggest launch in Xbox history," Microsoft announced today that the Xbox One has sold through more than one million consoles to consumers worldwide in less than 24 hours.

The next-gen console launched in 13 markets today, debuting in North America, Australia and parts of Europe and South America.

"We are humbled and grateful for the excitement of Xbox fans around the world," said Yusuf Mehdi, corporate vice president of marketing and strategy at Xbox. "Seeing thousands of excited fans lined up to get their Xbox One and their love for gaming was truly a special moment for everyone on the Xbox team. We are working hard to create more Xbox One consoles and look forward to fulfilling holiday gift wishes this seas

http://www.polygon.com/2013/11/22/5...han-one-million-units-worldwide-on-launch-day

KoopaTheCasual

Consoles are dead. Don't read into it.
lol

Interested to see the NA numbers. This pretty much guarantees that Sony beat MS out in the US. Curious to see by how much?

Yes, I will agree, all this premature celebration should wait until Summer 2014 and we'll see if people retain interest and a slow a steady growth can be continued or if things crater quickly

I'm hedging bets on PS4 continuing interest and One seeing slow growth.

But for today... Good show MS!

Given the day isn't even over, there shouldn't be any doubt about that being a shipped to retail number.

if it's sold through, its probably the number of fulfilled pre-orders. there's no way to track what was actually sold by retailers in less than a day outside of that.

Mrbob

They both need to come out with a steady stream of exclusive quality games or else none of this matters.

These are two of the biggest launches back to back. Seems like consoles still matter which is the important part. For everyone who says mobile is the only future can shut up for awhile. This is the second best console launch behind the PS4.

I expect another million plus sold next Friday in Europe for PS4.

Bedlam

I hope they announce Forza Horizon 2 next year. I'd be so in.
That's basically the game that'd get me to buy an Xbone too. But if it's going to be another microtransaction nightmare like many of these launch games, I'm skipping not only the game but the whole console. Fuck that shit.

But how many were sold in North America? Less than one million?

I believe so. Still that's a great number, I though it would sell like 500 world wide because of the price and DRM stuff, there's was a time when the Xbox One was the most hated thing in the planet. (internet outcry speaking)

I'm guessing both PS4 and Xbox One will outsell the Wii U in a matter of months right?

GhaleonEB

These are two of the biggest launches back to back. Seems like consoles still mater which is the important part. This is the second best console launch behind the PS4.

I'm hoping Sony gives a total to date world wide after the international launch.

vpance

Less than Sony's NA figure then or they would have said biggest launch outright rather than Xbox.

Still a good figure though, around 650k in the US.

Not sure how they got sell through figures so fast though. Usually it takes a couple of days to compile it all. Could be a shipped figure with an assumption of a sell out.

Can they honestly call it sold through numbers based on an assumption? I mean, wouldn't that be a lie? But you're right though, it seems awfully quick of them to be able to declare figures like this.

Edit: Just saw your edit. Interesting if true then.

These are two of the biggest launches back to back. Seems like consoles still mater which is the important part. This is the second best console launch behind the PS4.

Every bit of future sales will dry up if one or the other doesn't deliver on the games. You can only sell potential for so long.

But I agree they will sell close to a million next week.

RoKKeR

Good start for MS, and it's more than I'm sure a lot of us expected after what the console had to go through to make it to launch.

Top Bottom