• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Reaches Agreement With Batman: Arkham Trilogy Creators For A New AAA Game

XXL

Rocksteady co-founders Sefton Hill and Jamie Walker banded together to form a new AAA games-making studio in 2023 called Hundred Star, which is headquartered in London. Today, eXputer has learned that the developer is working on its first project: A AAA-standard, single-player, action-adventure game built in Unreal Engine 5.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Ross Geller Flirting GIF by Friends

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
The pedigree is there and the fact that the founders have 20 people who followed them from Rocksteady bodes well. Just hope it's not a 7 year development cycle before we see anything.

Not to interested if I'm honest. I just never enjoyed anything after Asylum. I thought that was one of the best games I've ever played but something about the games after it just never grabbed the same way.

Last edited:

hybrid_birth

Gold Member
The pedigree is there and the fact that the founders have 20 people who followed them from Rocksteady bodes well. Just hope it's not a 7 year development cycle before we see anything.
PS9 launch title.

Babies born now will be able to play it on their ps9s in 20 years on launch day.

Perrott

This is a new studio formed by ex-rocksteady heads who clearly weren't happy with the way SS was going.
The way Suicide Squad was going? Sefton Hill & co. left Rocksteady when the game was actually near-completion and months before it's planned May 2023 launch. The game we got was made in its entirety under their direction.

Which is not to say that they as creatives don't have the talent to redeem themselves with this upcoming project now that they're outside of the WB umbrella.

Last edited:

wvnative

The way Suicide Squad was going? Sefton Hill & co. left Rocksteady when the game was actually near-completion and months before it's planned May 2023 launch. The game we got was made in its entirety under their direction.

Which is not to say that they as creatives don't have the talent to redeem themselves with this upcoming project now that they're outside of the WB umbrella.

Who knows what all went on, they might not have had a say in the direction of the game, they claim this was rocksteady's idea but idk. They clearly realized it wasn't working when they left though. And the fact they're new studio emphasizes AAA, single player games feels like a stab at WB to me.

gamer82

so is this a console exclusive do we know yet ? heres hoping its just ms has paid for a timed one & it will still release on all other platforms .Being a new studio im sure they want to get as much money for there efforts. hopefully its good whatever they have planned i would love a tmnt game or maybe they could do that tmnt ronin game .

Last edited:
I thought it was Rocksteady. They got desperate enough after Suicide Squad.

But anyways, don’t think it’s anything interesting unless they show some gameplay footage.

Top Bottom