• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series S Held Back Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 Size and Scope to 25% Bigger

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeOf9

More than a month has passed since the announcement of the historical RPG Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2. At the elaborate presentation, we learned something about the setting, characters, story, gameplay and other aspects. Probably the main point, anyway, was the fact that the second part is much bigger than the rather extensive first part. And producer Martin Klíma revealed a little about the size at a lecture on Friday as part of the ongoing Game Access event in Brno.

Perhaps the most interesting were the statements regarding the technical side. Klíma, like many other developers, mentioned the limitation of the Xbox Series S and its 10GB of memory. So Warhorse's goal was to make the game 25% bigger, since XSS has 25% more memory than PS4/XONE.

Kingdom Come Deliverance 2's Scope Was Impacted by Xbox Series S Limitations; Will Run at 4K@30 FPS on PS5/XSX

Lunarorbit

And xbox wants to get a next gen device out. This is another reason shit takes so long.

So xbox is gonna have 3 skus out and developers are just going to have to ignore series s at the very least.

Why do this to yourself? I don't get it

MarkMe2525

Morrowind is huge map that runs on a machine with 64MB of ram. I could be wrong, but everything I have "thought" I have learned, says this isnt how it works. I guess my point is that the game assets get streamed in and out of ram.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom