• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yamcha got killed by a Saibaman -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yamcha gets a video from home on King Kai's planet:

maxresdefault.jpg

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
That shot of Yamcha laying down dead is pretty well painted btw. I remember being super shocked when it happened, too! It really felt like a desperate fight with big consequences.

PSqueak

Banned
Android 18 wasn't an Android, she was a Cyborg.

And even if she wasn't a cyborg and fully robotic instead, the term is Gynoid, not Android.

So it's doubly wrong!

And for that matter, Cell was evidently a biological being, even with a soul to send to the afterlife, why did Dr. Gero call them androids anyways?!

And even if she wasn't a cyborg and fully robotic instead, the term is Gynoid, not Android.

So it's doubly wrong!

And for that matter, Cell was evidently a biological being, even with a soul to send to the afterlife, why did Dr. Gero call them androids anyways?!

Looking into Wikipedia, Gynoid means Fembot, and Android can be both a female or male human shaped robot.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I do think its pretty bad that a bunch of humans achieved the equivalent of SSJ power levels pretty quickly. That was always disappointing.

PSqueak

Banned
Looking into Wikipedia, Gynoid means Fembot, and Android can be both a female or male human shaped robot.

Well, prolly is one of those things that "has been used wrong for so long it's okay now", but you know, Gyno = Female, Andro = Male, hence Android = Guy robot.

It's even worse in the anime since Vegeta beats the fuck out of Gohan right in front of her, and she still asks him to live with her.

Bulma loves danger, every time shit's about to go down she always tries to get in there. I mean damn this is a woman who smacked the god of destruction.

NeonZ

I do think its pretty bad that a bunch of humans achieved the equivalent of SSJ power levels pretty quickly. That was always disappointing.

Huh? The only human that ever showed anything like SSJ level was Tenshinhan. And arguably he isn't even human. Unless you mean the androids?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I hate to put a stop to the Yamcha hate train, but the guy came out alright.

Starts off as a lowlife bandit, reforms and goes on crazy adventures.

Has a good looking girlfriend for the majority of his youth.

Plays pro baseball.

Retires comfortably and seemingly loafs around for the rest of his life.

Yeah, he got killed by alien invaders, and then again by killer robots, and generally lost to most people during his life in a variety of ways, but come on. He was playing on a cosmic level by the end. He is doing better than 99% of human beings, and is stronger than them, too.

To the Z fighters, he is a worthless scrub. To the rest of the world, he is the 1%.
this comment is correct.

Raging Spaniard

Huh? The only human that ever showed anything like SSJ level was Tenshinhan. And arguably he isn't even human. Unless you mean the androids?

By the Buu saga, every human main character couldave killed Freeza easily, thus achieving SSJ like power levels

I hate to put a stop to the Yamcha hate train, but the guy came out alright.

Starts off as a lowlife bandit, reforms and goes on crazy adventures.

Has a good looking girlfriend for the majority of his youth.

Plays pro baseball.

Retires comfortably and seemingly loafs around for the rest of his life.

Yeah, he got killed by alien invaders, and then again by killer robots, and generally lost to most people during his life in a variety of ways, but come on. He was playing on a cosmic level by the end. He is doing better than 99% of human beings, and is stronger than them, too.

To the Z fighters, he is a worthless scrub. To the rest of the world, he is the 1%.

Yeah sure if Krillin didn't exist.

Varna

I know it's not cannon, but I really like how Tien was depicted fighting Trunks. Now that I think about it it was a real dick move for Trunks to go SSJ. Tien had a shot at winning that one.

By the Buu saga, every human main character couldave killed Freeza easily, thus achieving SSJ like power levels

Didn't the new movies retcon this? Goku in base form isn't even as strong as Freeza.

NeonZ

That's really nothing that indicates that Kuririn or Yamcha ever got that high. Piccolo was the only non-Saiyan described as having SSJ-like power in the beginning of the Android Saga, after the 3 years of training. Afterwards, Kuririn mostly stopped training, while Yamcha retired altogether. That was basically their peak.

Yamcha's power is described as being around what Gero expected out of Goku, if he had never gotten any power ups after the Saiyan Saga and just steadily progressed through training. Kuririn in the Android and Buu Saga really gets nothing to show his level, aside from being one shot several times.

I don't know where you're getting that assumption from.

Like that guy said the only character who showed anything remotely super saiyan level was Tien holding down Cell, the others don't show or say anything to imply they got anywhere near Frieza.

We know Yamcha as of the Cell saga is equivalent to saiyan saga Goku at least according to Gero,

Then there's Beerus saying base Goku isn't stronger than Frieza, I'm inclined to believe he's a good judge of strength unlike Supreme Kai so I'll go with it. If base Goku aint stronger than Frieza than the humans absolutely aren't.

Varna

Come on, let's give him a little credit. Dude manage to stand in x300 gravity for a few seconds at least. He was way stronger then Saiyan Saga Goku. He was probably at Ginyu level.

EDIT: Why didn't the humans attempt to train with those kind of devices? Wasn't there some kind of dead human warrior that managed to hit Cell level power?

I don't know where you're getting that assumption from.

Like that guy said the only character who showed anything remotely super saiyan level was Tien holding down Cell, the others don't show or say anything to imply they got anywhere near Frieza.

We know Yamcha as of the Cell saga is equivalent to saiyan saga Goku at least according to Gero,

Then there's Beerus saying base Goku isn't stronger than Frieza, I'm inclined to believe he's a good judge of strength unlike Supreme Kai so I'll go with it. If base Goku aint stronger than Frieza than the humans absolutely aren't.

That would just mean that Goku is technically weaker than Tien and Krillin in base. Since he focused his training in mastering his new transformation techniques.

NeonZ

EDIT: Why didn't the humans attempt to train with those kind of devices? Wasn't there some kind of dead human warrior that managed to hit Cell level power?
They did train with gravity in Kaioh's planet. Anyway, it's not like we see their training for the Android Saga in the manga.

Besides, the only one who is shown training with gravity is Vegeta (and afterwards kid Trunks). Piccolo seems to get a really big boost between Namek and beginning of the Android saga without any transformations, just by training alongside Goku and Gohan, which doesn't seem to involve any gravity training. So, gravity training really isn't the "end all" method.

That would just mean that Goku is technically weaker than Tien and Krillin in base. Since he focused his training in mastering his new transformation techniques.

are you really trying to argue that base Goku is weaker than Tien and Krillin?

really? really? really? really?

And he always trains in base, the only time he's specifically focused on his transformation was in the time chamber, every other time we see him training it's in base.

They did train with gravity in Kaioh's planet. Anyway, it's not like we see their training for the Android Saga in the manga.

Besides, the only one who is shown training with gravity is Vegeta (and afterwards kid Trunks). Piccolo seems to get a really big boost between Namek and beginning of the Android saga without any transformations, just by training alongside Goku and Gohan, which doesn't seem to involve any gravity training.

Didn't he absorb Kami during the Android Saga which gave him back a portion of his strength?

NeonZ

Didn't he absorb Kami during the Android Saga which gave him back a portion of his strength?

He actually seems to get around SSJ level even before that, both Kuririn and Tenshinhan compare Piccolo's strength with the one of the SSJs, once he stops holding back against Gero (when Gero attempts to run away, but is caught, and eventually Piccolo removes his weights and challenges him). Fusing with Kami just sent him significantly above the SSJs, before their training in the Room of Space and Time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom