• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yes, Virginia, there IS a Tuesdayton! FE DS! MONSTER HUNTER...WII? SONIKU IN SUMABURA

jrricky

Banned
TOO MUCH AWESOME HAPPENED TODAY....

I was utterly surprised at the announcements when I got up this morning, but I couldnt comment because I was running late. Now Im home, ready to read the 60 something pages of bitter tears.:D

Oh, SONIC IN SMASH.:D :D :D

MindCollizion said:
So no love for Dr. Mario WiiWare title having Online play? I'll smoke all you foos at that game.
If that is indeed true watch my gf destroy all of you :lol .

Anyways, what's up with the NA conference? Any leaks?

Phife Dawg said:
If that is indeed true watch my gf destroy all of you :lol .

Anyways, what's up with the NA conference? Any leaks?

It's confirmed that Dr Mario has online versus.
Also, hasn't the NA event been moved to the 12th?

Flakster99 said:
Just got home from work, went to bed early last night, and wow. Absolutely blown away. Awesome conference.

Oh yeah...

20215_n20071010_20_garaxy_07.jpg

*this is the stuff dreams are made of*
If my heart could paint pictures, this is what they'd look like.

/scrubs

Iam Canadian said:
I'm just afraid that stingray level will turn out as aggravating as the Blooper sections in Super Mario Sunshine.
Looks like there's a lot less to run into though, which if I remember was the hard part about the Blooper races.

VegaShinra

AceBandage said:
Dr. Mario online is going to kick ass.

I heard that the Nintendo even is starting tomorrow in NA and continuing for 2 days. Not sure if its 100% true though.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Seriously, this makes me SO glad I didn't buy any other systems but DS and Wii, SO much to spend just on those two awesome machines :lol

[Nintex]

Amir0x said:
Inside 360 first year, we had announced...

Gears of War, Viva Pinata, Kameo, Alan Wake, Mass Effect, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Nintey-Nine Nights, etc

Not necessarily all of them internally developed, but those that aren't are co-funded or published or whatever.

Inside PS3 first year, we had announced/released...

Lair, Heavenly Sword, Motorstorm, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Infamous, Echochrome, 8 Days, Eye of Judgment, LittleBigPlanet, etc
New IP's announced/released by Nintendo
WiiSports/WiiMusic/WiiPlay, WiiFit, Excite Truck, Endless Ocean, Disaster Day of Crisis

And since you're including third party exclusives :
Rayman Raving Rabbids, Red Steel, No More Heroes, Zack & Wikki, Elebits, Dewy's Adventure, Mario&Sonic at the Olympic games

The Wii's brings alot of new franchises to the table, but Nintendo hasn't showed the new "Mario" and "Zelda" yet, which they have been working on for a long time.

Vashu

Nintendo hasn't showed the new "Mario" and "Zelda" yet, which they have been working on for a long time.

Huh.... Huhuh... HUHUHUHU.... HUAHAHAHAHAHAHA~ /Maniacal laughter

Nah, I'm sure they haven't shown anything remotely close to a new Mario game. Not. A. Damn. Thing.

[Nintex]

Vashu said:
Huh.... Huhuh... HUHUHUHU.... HUAHAHAHAHAHAHA~ /Maniacal laughter

Nah, I'm sure they haven't shown anything remotely close to a new Mario game. Not. A. Damn. Thing.
I mean no new franchise like Mario or Zelda from EAD, aimed at the hardcore million seller etc.

At one of the E3's they talked about their next generation system which would have new franchises right ouf of the gate.

Xeke

Banned
typhonsentra said:
I spoke with a real life Sony fanboy today. It's the first time I've met someone really passionate about them in person.

I try my best to avoid them. People passionate about games that is.

Duderz

Banned
[Nintex] said:
I mean no new franchise like Mario or Zelda from EAD, aimed at the hardcore million seller etc.

At one of the E3's they talked about their next generation system which would have new franchises right ouf of the gate.

It's late here, but...what are you talking about?

Vashu

[Nintex] said:

I think we're getting a lot more franchises with the company's mascotte right now. We got Link's Crossbow Training (perhaps a hint to a new Zelda game, in which Link throws away his old bow and goes for the crossbow, who knows), or what about all the Super Mario Football (screw you Americanis, it's not soccer! :p), Baseball, Golf, Kart and other games. Heck, Mario & Sonic at the frackin Olympics.

How's that for new (and re-used :p) franchises.

And didn't the Wii have new franchises right out of the gate? Wii Sports, Wii Play, Rayman Raving Rabbids and a whole lot more are coming now. Super Mario Galaxy is the next big Mario adventure, and it will take at least 2 or 3 years for a new game to show up in that regard when it comes to Mario.

[Nintex]

Duderz said:
It's late here, but...what are you talking about?
It's early here so that should be the problem.

During one of the conferences in 2004 or 2003 Iwata talked about Nintendo's next-gen system. Which would be first to market, they also begun to work on a next-generation Zelda and Mario, and a new franchise aimed at the hardcore gamers and new projects to expand their audience.

We do have WiiSports, WiiMusic and Excite Truck, but no new franchises on par with Mario and Zelda, with the same production values, budget and audience. The same IP that Miyamoto wants to show next year.

Vashu

[Nintex] said:
It's early here so that should be the problem.

During one of the conferences in 2004 or 2003 Iwata talked about Nintendo's next-gen system. Which would be first to market, they also begun to work on a next-generation Zelda and Mario, and a new franchise aimed at the hardcore gamers and new projects to expand their audience.

We do have WiiSports, WiiMusic and Excite Truck, but no new franchises on par with Mario and Zelda, with the same production values, budget and audience. The same IP that Miyamoto wants to show next year.

Holy.... What the.... This can't be.... Seriously?

I am at a loss for words here.

2003? 2004? That was the frackin Wii they we're talking about! Much has changed in those 3 or 4 years. What the hell are you on?

The Mario and Zelda games he mentioned are out now! Well, one of them is, the other is coming this year. WOW! :lol Also, that other new franchise, who knows. But damn, I'm confused as to what you want to say. The 'Mario' and 'Zelda' you mentioned earlier in one of your posts are the games we know about now. There are no other Mario and Zelda games in development right now. At least, not that we know of.

Edit: Wait, it finally clicks. Hahaha, ok, I see what you were trying to say. Sorry, wasn't really paying much attention. I'm not sure if there is any new franchise currently in the works that could attain the Mario and Zelda status. If any, I believe they're not actively pursuing another new 'mascotte' type game right now.

Who knows? There might be something coming next year. But seeing Miyamoto, who is practically a 'god' at these types of things, busy with Wii Fit, I'm not sure we'll really get something hot and new anytime soon. I believe they are now more trusting on 3rd parties like Capcom with the Monster Hunter franchise to satisfy the hardcore gamer crowd.

AceBandage said:
Don't know. Some people were saying this was supposed to go down yesterday (Euro timezone).

[Nintex]

Vashu said:
Edit: Wait, it finally clicks. Hahaha, ok, I see what you were trying to say. Sorry, wasn't really paying much attention. I'm not sure if there is any new franchise currently in the works that could attain the Mario and Zelda status. If any, I believe they're not actively pursuing another new 'mascotte' type game right now.

Who knows? There might be something coming next year. But seeing Miyamoto, who is practically a 'god' at these types of things, busy with Wii Fit, I'm not sure we'll really get something hot and new anytime soon. I believe they are now more trusting on 3rd parties like Capcom with the Monster Hunter franchise to satisfy the hardcore gamer crowd.
Reading back at my posts and I understand why you were confused, it's like I pretended that Zelda:TP and Galaxy don't exist. :lol

Top Bottom