• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshida does Banderas gif

RaikuHebi

Banned
iCzunI41rXOPW.gif
This is how it's done.

akira28

you're all doing it wrong

it's clearly a lean back, hand toward forhead, then do a cancel on the forehead move, do an elbow lean and hand to mouth instead.

boiled goose

good with gravy
the amount of acting Banderas does in that simple move is crazy.

initial puzzlement, ecstatic lean back and release, head tilt, hand to the mouth in containment, the imagination runs wild, slight grin at the end.

Trying to replicate it feels so unnatural.

jmls1121

Banned
I am literaly LOL over here.

I am glad that Sony has its own goofy executives now. Makes things so much more enjoyable. Video games are not serious business, guys.

Bizazedo

My initial thought of "Hey, they did it wrong," was quickly replaced ..

1). Hey, they acknowledged it! Cool.

2). Now that I think about it, mainly because they did it wrong.....it's not the easiest sequence of actions to pull off. Antionio is truly impressive.

To make it up to us, though, we should demand a second attempt at the VGAs.

Trying to do the Banderas is like transcribing solos by ear: you're learning from a master, and it's probably pretty difficult to pull off. Having a chair helps.

PaNaMa

Banned
To me it's just about how dialed in Sony is to their customers right now, and to pop culture. Or niche culture, or whatever term it is that describes GaF =p

Obviously they found the Banderas phenomenon as hilarious/awesome as we did. That little bit of fun by bigwig Sony execs... it's fan service. And we ate it up. And why not! It's endearing to us and makes us like them even more. On some level at least, they're demonstrating they're in tune with what we like. Again. The DRM thing, the 1080p thing, Banderas. Sony is dialed in man. Yosp is quoting digital foundry articles on twitter, all the same stuff we check out daily.

I'm diggin Sony. Launch titles could have been a bit better for those of us who already have BF4 on Pc, but whatever :p

IvorB

Sony just squandered a great opportunity.

I don't know how much GAF is familiar with Antonio Banderas and his work (i've been a lifelong fan), but pride and dedication are huge part of what motivates him as a professional actor. He's not like other A-listers where they're satisfied with half-assing and phoning-in their performances. Banderas chooses his roles in delicate fashion and executes them with precision. If you try to emulate Banderas' work then you better take it seriously and put some effort. Imitation may be the highest form of flattery but the poorest of such imitation is the highest form of insult. This is far more saddening as it comes from the representatives of a Japanese corporation, which i was informed value one's honor.

What this means is that Banderas and his fans, after seeing this, would want nothing to do with Playstation 4. At best no more glorifying PS4 GIFS featuring Banderas and at worst those GIFS will be used in favor of rivaled products. This is BIG. Scoff all you want but GAF has a dedicated thread for Antonio which got all the way up to Son'y leadership - only for his work to be bastardized on national TV.

Sony, issue a formal apology to Banderas or you can kiss your Official Spokesperson deal with him goodbye.

HA HA HA HA!!! I love you, guy. I can give you 10/10 easily.

IvorB

So wait... did Yoshida perform this manoeuvre on live TV? What the hell? What did the regular public make of this?

antitrop

To me it's just about how dialed in Sony is to their customers right now, and to pop culture. Or niche culture, or whatever term it is that describes GaF =p

Obviously they found the Banderas phenomenon as hilarious/awesome as we did. That little bit of fun by bigwig Sony execs... it's fan service. And we ate it up. And why not! It's endearing to us and makes us like them even more. On some level at least, they're demonstrating they're in tune with what we like. Again. The DRM thing, the 1080p thing, Banderas. Sony is dialed in man. Yosp is quoting digital foundry articles on twitter, all the same stuff we check out daily.

I'm diggin Sony. Launch titles could have been a bit better for those of us who already have BF4 on Pc, but whatever :p
I could not possibly agree more.

DigitalOp

Banned
Sooo now that I think of it...

What movie is that clip even from?

What was Banderas even cised about on the computer screen??

I don't think I've ever seen this scene explained in context.

Top Bottom