• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can now play more than 250 Xbox 360 games on your Xbox One

I feeel like not enough people are aware of this, but as of yesterday, you can also play any NES/SNES/Genesis and Gameboy game on it through NESBOX (emulator that works on the Edge browser). A few tweaks coming in the next week or so include button mapping, multiplayer and saving, but even as is, it's pretty surreal to boot up Super Mario Kart on the X1.

I thought that app got pulled. You can play all the games by just going to the website on Edge?

Chris1

Not bad. Still another 2 months till the year anniversary, should hit close to 300 by then.

Love the feature I just wish there was more bigger games, especially the ones that were announced 10 months ago (Bioshock collection and Skate 3). But I'm sure they will come in due time, it's just a little frustrating being told they're coming then waiting 10+ month.

Wow that's a good number. I hope they keep them coming. I'd like to see Ninja Gaiden black with achievements and 60fps. Although Team ninja lately.

It's really cool. Unfortunately I have a big ass backlog of current gen games to go through before I devote time to games I already beat years ago. Still cool to have on tap though.

darthbob

Wish they'd port Ace Combat 6 over to BC, but that doesn't seem likely now seeing as how Namco pulled all the DLC for that game from the Marketplace, including the GoD version.

vg260

It's an awesome feeling for games you already own digitally to pop up on your Xbox One with no extra effort required. It's unfortunate that this sort of thing on consoles is an abnormality.

My most wanted ones, the Capcom 2D fighter collections are still missing, but the feature is greatly appreciated. Obviously UMvC3 and Ultra would be nice, but I think we all know the potential roadblocks there.

I really wish they would loosen up the restriction on peripheral games so I could play RB3, but I get how handling the DLC for that one might be a monumental undertaking.

I hope the games will run even better on the Scorpio, but if they got this to run on Windows 10 that would be just as amazing.

I know it's unlikely to happen due to licensing, but I hope we can get backwards compatibility for 50 cent: Blood on the Sand, Goldeneye: Reloaded, and Conan. All titles that will probably never get a PC port, so BC on Xbox One will allow these underrated titles to live on.

munroe

...and lost odyssey isn't one of them. I would have thought with the announcement that multi disc games are able to made bw compatible, I was clinging onto hope that LO would appear soon

t hicks

Banned
They're doing a great job, Its always cool to look at your library and see 360 games you used to play just show up when they get added (i went hell yes when i saw far cry blood dragon was downloadable)

Synth

Which one would that be? I am referring to ones not published by Microsoft Studios. Maybe I should've included AAA as well.

Sorry, but what the hell sort of criteria is that?

Maybe you should have included AAA? It's like you're sitting there thinking to yourself "hmm... yea, I could probably have come up with better ways to invalidate the library".

FZW

Nice number, and it will keep growing.
I remember people were skeptical that this was going to be just like OG Xbox where Microsoft pushed a few titles then dropped it.
I remember seeing ppl here, all the way back in January, saying that MS won't support it much and support is already slowing down.

The only games that I care about Backwards Compatability are completely and utterly neglected, unfortunately.

I want to play Dance Central 1-3 so bad, but I refuse to buy a Kinect for my 360 when I have a Kinect for my Xbox One. So I'm kind of given the finger. Oh well.

Happy for those who got what they want, though!

Synth

My most wanted is still PGR4! I'd play that game all the way through again. Best racer of the last gen, IMHO.

It was (excluding Daytona USA of course), up until the original Forza Horizon hit.

The only games that I care about Backwards Compatability are completely and utterly neglected, unfortunately.

I want to play Dance Central 1-3 so bad, but I refuse to buy a Kinect for my 360 when I have a Kinect for my Xbox One. So I'm kind of given the finger. Oh well.

Happy for those who got what they want, though!

It sucks that the XB1 Kinect can't be used for 360 Kinect games. The 360 Kinect had a much stronger lineup (the original Kinect Sports was awesome compared to Rivals).

I'm hoping they manage to address it at some point, like they've recently done with the steering wheels.

ebevan91

Sorry, but what the hell sort of criteria is that?

Either Xbox needs some exclusives not owned by Microsoft Studios or they need to expand how many studios they currently have. The PS4 just has a larger library of exclusives to choose from. I can name more PS4 games than I can Xbox One games and I've never even touched a Playstation before.

Fuck, what I'm trying to say is that the Xbox needs exclusives that can compete with Playstation's main exclusives like Uncharted and all those games.

Jumeira

Banned
...whilst hoping the game you want to play gets added...

lol

Needing a persistent internet connection every time you want to play (screwed if you go to a friend's house with your machine or if others on the network are streaming).

It's option that you have to be content with, but not nowhere near as good as playing it off your console.

Agree with PGR3 and 4 needing to be available!

Synth

Either Xbox needs some exclusives not owned by Microsoft Studios or they need to expand how many studios they currently have. The PS4 just has a larger library of exclusives to choose from. I can name more PS4 games than I can Xbox One games and I've never even touched a Playstation before.

Sure the PS4 has a larger set of exclusives... one console was always going to, and PS4 was infinitely more likely due to the Xbox's standing in Japan.

But what I'm asking is... why would you relegate a game for being first party published? Why would Recore count more if it were published by say Capcom instead of Microsoft... it'd still be the same goddamn game... this is just list war nonsense.

Kind of telling when the biggest news for the XB1 is that you can play 250 X360 games on it. BC is nice to have but I'd rather have a large library of XB1 exclusives to play.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Aside from that... This is great news! There are still a few games I'm waiting to see on BC (like Sonic Generations) but I haven't been disappointed so far. This definitely helped me with the decision to have Xbox One as my primary console.

kunonabi

Needing a persistent internet connection every time you want to play (screwed if you go to a friend's house with your machine or if others on the network are streaming).

It's option that you have to be content with, but not nowhere near as good as playing it off your console.

Agree with PGR3 and 4 needing to be available!

I was about to say that the ultra blu ray support and Alone in the Dark and Deadly Premonition being added to service might be enough to get me to pick up a slim but nevermind.

Which one would that be? I am referring to ones not published by Microsoft Studios. Maybe I should've included AAA as well.

So you want MS to buy exclusives like they have with Rise of the Tomb Raider or Dead Rising? That's a better solution than MS publishing their own games?

Metzhara

Call me zany but...
maybe they should just allow us to emulate our original Xbox discs.... eh?
I mean... ORIGINAL Xbox discs.
I know it's ridiculous, but I still have over 100 games just hanging around.

Muffdraul

I finally installed Dead Space last week and played through it, for like the 200th time. It was rad, but now I'm pissed that Dead Space 2 isn't available yet. Hurry up fuckers. You got the multi-disc issue licked months ago.

Just installed Halo Reach yesterday, not sure when I'll feel like playing it again.

ebevan91

Sure the PS4 has a larger set of exclusives... one console was always going to, and PS4 was infinitely more likely due to the Xbox's standing in Japan.

But what I'm asking is... why would you relegate a game for being first party published? Why would Recore count more if it were published by say Capcom instead of Microsoft... it'd still be the same goddamn game... this is just list war nonsense.

If Xbox had more deals with 3rd party studios and not rely so much on Microsoft published games then we'd have more games to choose from, or they at least need to acquire more developers under Microsoft Studios. More studios = more games. But that's probably never going to happen since Phil Spencer said they are pretty much done with 3rd-party games.

So you want MS to buy exclusives like they have with Rise of the Tomb Raider or Dead Rising? That's a better solution than MS publishing their own games?

No it's always good for them to publish their own games but as I mentioned in above in this post you need more studios in order to have more games so yes, either buy 3rd-party exclusives or acquire more studios under Microsoft.

What I'd like to see is for some of these older games (or BC games) to have reboots assuming the developers are still around or if not, other ones would be up for the job.

LewieP

Has there recently been any word on bringing XBLIGs to Xbox One?

Edit: Games that should be made BC:
Crackdown (and I guess 2),
Mega Man 9 (and I guess 10),
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2,
Radiant Silvergun,
Rockstar Table Tennis,
Full Platinum back catalogue.

Chris1

I remember seeing ppl here, all the way back in January, saying that MS won't support it much and support is already slowing down.

To be fair, they did have a dry couple of weeks back in Januaryish. But then I guess they hit a breakthrough with the emulation and started pumping them out like crazy.

Has there recently been any word on bringing XBLIGs to Xbox One?

Edit: Games that should be made BC:
Crackdown (and I guess 2),
Mega Man 9 (and I guess 10),
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2,
Radiant Silvergun,
Rockstar Table Tennis,
Full Platinum back catalogue.

I'm not sure about the whole list here, but I'll be extremely surprised if we don't see Crackdown 1 and 2 once we get closer to 3. I'm thinking they'll go to Gears of War route and include them for free with the new game.

I wasn't aware of this before but I'll be giving it a go tobight. Would love some Chrono Trigger on my Xbox!
Works beautifully. Obviously, until the "save" feature is added, the lengthier games are maybe not worth the effort, but once it is...Secret Of Man, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Mario RPG etc. For now? Most Rock n' Roll Racing for me.

jamsy

I just want Burnout 3 and The Darkness.

I'm assuming Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey will arrive at some point by the end of the year (hopefully).

Haven't played Halo since 1. Was thinking about getting the Xbox One S that has Halo 1 through 5 and probably wanted to play Reach, but I heard Reach runs like crap and that's really the only game other than Tales I would care about.

Z_Y

I was about to say that the ultra blu ray support and Alone in the Dark and Deadly Premonition being added to service might be enough to get me to pick up a slim but nevermind.

He's talking about PSNow in order to stream games. BC doesn't need a persistent Internet connection on XB1.

Dude, they were still spreading that FUD back just before RDR and still do it now whenever it's been one day too many for them.

Synth

In case you're getting confused, the persistent connection was in regards to PSNow (being a streaming service and all). You don't need to be online to play XB1 BC games.

If Xbox had more deals with 3rd party studios and not rely so much on Microsoft published games then we'd have more games to choose from, or they at least need to acquire more developers under Microsoft Studios. More studios = more games. But that's probably never going to happen since Phil Spencer said they are pretty much done with 3rd-party games.

This is besides the point. The poster said 2 games out this month. The other poster, and then you took issue with that value based on other pointless criteria that has nothing to do with the value either game carries. Both Forza Horizon and Recore are made by teams outside on MS, contracted to work on exclusive software... this provides you with more game in comparison to say Turn 10 alone alternating between the Motorsport and Horizon with 2 years between each (and so 4 years between each iteration). They're not "done" with 3rd party games... they're done tying up 3rd party games that would have hit the console regardless (and so aren't actually giving you more to play, only giving other people less). There will be plenty of Recoress, Scalebound, Crackdowns and the like in the future made by 3rd party studios. That's pretty much always been their approach, even back in the day with games like Project Gotham.

If you want to simply say that PS4 has more exclusives that's one thing (a thing that doesn't belong anywhere near this thread though), but to act like an exclusive being published by MS is somehow less of a factor than what would be the same game published by anyone else is just silly.

EvB

What year is it?!
Who is the president?!

*grabs newspaper from vendor*

Oh wait, I thought I had just travelled back in time

ebevan91

In case you're getting confused, the persistent connection was in regards to PSNow (being a streaming service and all). You don't need to be online to play XB1 BC games.

This is besides the point. The poster said 2 games out this month. The other poster, and then you took issue with that value based on other pointless criteria that has nothing to do with the value either game carries. Both Forza Horizon and Recore are made by teams outside on MS, contracted to work on exclusive software... this provides you with more game in comparison to say Turn 10 alone alternating between the Motorsport and Horizon with 2 years between each (and so 4 years between each iteration).

If you want to simply say that PS4 has more exclusives that's one thing (a thing that doesn't belong anywhere near this thread though), but to act like an exclusive being published by MS is somehow less of a factor than what would be the same game published by anyone else is just silly.

But my original point was that Microsoft needs third-party deals and then that user mentioned ReCore and Forza which is what started the whole thing in the first place. Anyways, enough of this, the thread is about BC games. I completely skipped last gen so I wouldn't mind giving some of these games a go. I already got RDR. Are there any BC games that have current gen sequels in the works (excluding Gears since 4 comes out soon).

Top Bottom