• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can't play your $70 COD game on console without an Activision account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
I'm seeing what's going on for Helldivers on PC
Why is no one upset about this on console?
Imagine you create a playstation/xbox account then pay for online then buy the game but still can't play without the Activision account

VMJdYzk.jpeg

can we get this removed too please
And it's not the only game doint this

Last edited:
Activision accounts are not region-locked as long as you're not from NK or some similar country. PSN is more limited. Also the account creation was from the start, not added as an afterthought like HD2 did which now effectively blocks certain people who were playing the game, from playing the game.

Last edited:

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Maybe pc players believe the Master race meme too much.

Just sign up once and be done with it.
But you need to do that for each new game and if you forget your email it's over ( happened to me)
I signed up with an email that I lost and I can't login for the next games

mitch1971

But you need to do that for each new game and if you forget your email it's over ( happened to me)
I signed up with an email that I lost and I can't login for the next games
Unfortunate, sure. But, surely its upto you to keep stuff like that safe. There are a myriad of applications to organise this stuff for you easily.

A lot of people keep saying this but I don’t see any problem with this, just make an account in another region.

You'll get permabanned by Sony for using an account from a different region than yours. They could prolly use VPN but this is an online game, they can easily fuck you. There is no genuine solution and people got screwed. This aint the same as the Activision one.

AmuroChan

You'll get permabanned by Sony for using an account from a different region than yours. They could prolly use VPN but this is an online game, they can easily fuck you. There is no genuine solution and people got screwed. This aint the same as the Activision one.

Incorrect. The Philippines do not have PSN accounts natively, but we have many tens of thousands of PlayStation gamers here. When you ask PS support or go to their FAQ, they just tell you to either create a Singapore or HK PSN account. I have 7 PSN accounts on 7 different countries because I travel a lot. I've even spoken to the official PlayStation support twitter account before about this, and they said it's not a problem.

Last edited:

RyanEvans21

Not really! As long you dont do stupid things. I made PSN Japan account before and didnt get ban.

Incorrect. The Philippines do not have PSN accounts natively, but we have many tens of thousands of PlayStation gamers here. When you ask PS support or go to their FAQ, they just tell you to either create a Singapore or HK PSN account. I have 7 PSN accounts on 7 different countries because I travel a lot. I've even spoken to the official PlayStation support twitter account before about this, and they said it's not a problem.
Not really! As long you dont do stupid things. I made PSN Japan account before and didnt get ban.

In these cases, there may have been exceptions but using a VPN is against Sony's TOS afaik.

My Australian PS5 has a Japanese account, an US account and obviously an Aussie account, no need for VPN.

I buy games from all 3 account and zero problems.

StereoVsn

Imagine you create a playstation/xbox account then pay for online then buy the game but still can't play without the Activision account

VMJdYzk.jpeg

I hate this shit personally. Drives me into not buying the company’s games or at least buying used or on a very large sale only.

My Australian PS5 has a Japanese account, an US account and obviously an Aussie account, no need for VPN.

I buy games from all 3 account and zero problems.

Have you played online games? You might've been lucky that's all.

People have already tried and have been banned for it.

Playing on PS5 is different than playing on PC with steam tied to a region which then you have to connect to another region for PSN. It's a fucking mess.

Last edited:

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
This could have been rolled out/announced better. But it's the most expected and trivial thing these days. Every publisher wants you to have an account with them when you're playing their multiplayer game.

VMJdYzk.jpeg

Because hell divers continues its trend of being a technical nightmare that you have to constantly fight against to play the game you enjoy. At least with COD, you know what’s coming

China is region locked.
tenor.gif

That...is the point? If you are from one of the countries that are n/a for PSN you will get banned, which means players who played the game from like 20 or more countries, now are unable to because they may get banned. Correction, they WILL get banned. Cmon, people, read the news, read the steam threads. This isnt about just making a PSN account. It's about people from a lot countries that have played and bought the game, no longer being able to.

Last edited:

Three

Companies are really going out of their way to piss off their customers today.
This CoD thing has been about for about 4 years. I was "forced" to create an account after buying COD:Cold War for £70. Couldn't skip it. it wasn't even clearly stated anywhere until you booted it up.

Was a mild annoyance ngl, but I'm pretty sure I didn't flip out about it like some people are doing today.

Mr Moose

That...is the point? If you are from one of the countries that are n/a for PSN you will get banned, which means players who played the game from like 20 or more countries, now are unable to because they may get banned. Correction, they WILL get banned. Cmon, people, read the news, read the steam threads. This isnt about just making a PSN account. It's about people from a lot countries that have played and bought the game, no longer being able to.

tenor.gif

There's a country not listed on there (see .GIF).

Last edited:

Three

What was your point then? My facts are right the "region definitions" have nothing to do with officially supporting accounts and purchases in those countries. Those just tell you what region the game is grouped under. PS games are the same:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I am getting some Ubisoft games on ps5 because I don’t want Ubisoft account just for ac game

Three

I don't understand what this even has to do with the Steam version of Helldivers now requiring a PSN account.

If signing up to PSN is difficult in China how's the large PS5 install base related to that? So it's not a problem? Nothing has changed for those guys.

laynelane

I was upset about this when I had to create an EA account to play Dead Space 3 on PS3. Since then, I've never had to do that again because I don't buy games from certain companies and also won't buy games that require me to jump through extra hoops just to play them.

What was your point then? My facts are right the "region definitions" have nothing to do with officially supporting accounts and purchases in those countries. Those just tell you what region the game is grouped under. PS games are the same:

Youre not making any sense to what this whole discussion is all about so ill just move on. Clearly some of you will go at massive, and stupid lenghts to defend their favorite shitty corporation.

Three

Youre not making any sense to what this whole discussion is all about so ill just move on. Clearly some of you will go at massive, and stupid lenghts to defend their favorite shitty corporation.
Well make it make sense as I'm asking what your point is that you say I've missed. Mine is that the situation between creating an Activison account or a PSN account is very similar.
In a lot of countries you have to choose a country that is not your own in order to create it if the region doesn't match you're breaking ToS. It's the same thing. Neither care though so you'll be fine.

Hanzaki

Neo Member

That's just simple not true...
You can create multi region accounts on the same Playstation without any "permaban" :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:. I'm from europe and I have 3 accounts (US, UK and Japanese) since the PS3 era and I have zero problems with it. You don't need VPN or any other similar tricks... I also know dozens of people that has at least double accounts.
You can use PSN, buy games from the store, play online, subscribe to any PSN Extra/Premium etc, as I did since like 2008.

The only restrictions that you can only use credit cards or paypal accounts from the same region as the account's region, so you can only pay with gift cards.
Also you can play any games from any region on any account. The only restriction that you can only use DLCs or similar digital things with the game from the same region. Also you cannot upgrade a european PS4 game to PS5 on the US account for example.
But that's about it. I have like 600-700 games (PS3/PS4/PS5) on my US account despite I'm from europe.

So quit f*cking lie about things you have no idea pls...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom