• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite game(s) of all time, and what you think a successor should do to surpass it.

Bernardougf

Gold Member
Last of Us part 1

What I want is that they expand Joel and Ellie relationship, show them working together to survive now that ellie has grown, maybe Joel has to die in some form of sacrifice to save her in the end, a big passing of the mantle story, I wish more focus on the zombies and struggles to live in this pos apocalypse world, less Human and real world problems, more of a zombie survival game.

In all honesty I just hope they dont kill joel in some stupid way within 3 minutes of game, do a brain dead revenge story and focus to much on some woke tropes.

Last edited:

DonF

Gold Member
I dont think I have a favourite game of all time, but I would greatly appreciate a 4k remaster of maverick hunter x. I loved megaman X, and thought that maverick hunter x was the perfect way to remade it. But now its kidnapped on the PSP, and I would love it if capcom could rescue it from that platform.

Bond007

Metal Gear Solid 1.
In the eyes of many each successor is better than the first.

To me- make it better by giving me the greatest remaster/remake of all time. lol

I would like to play a full remake of Chrono Trigger, which happens to be my favorite game ever.

But don't turn it into an Action RPG. Just make it look really nice with good animations. Keep the gameplay as it is. Maybe add a few things..
I would love to see Chrono Trigger in the Dragon Quest XI engine. Keep everything the same (e.g., art direction, story, music, combat), while using the "classic camera" setting from DQXI during battles with updated visuals.

Sekiro is easily top 3 all time for me. If we were to get Sekiro 2:
- I would love to see the journey to the West that is mentioned in the Dragon's Homecoming ending.
- It would be awesome to have even more dynamic movesets and combat options similar to the bosses (e.g., Inner Father, Inner Genichiro).
- A skill wheel to switch arts fast when needed.
- Even crazier boss fights like this:

CP2077 is the most engaging experience I've had in gaming.

• To top it then they need to make the game longer with more varied quests and life paths.

BG3 is the best game I've ever played.

• To top it Larian needs to make BG4.

Tears of the Kingdom is the most fun I've ever had playing a game.

• To top it they need a deeper quest system.

RaduN

One of my all time favs is Mushihimesama Futari (1.0, 1.5, Black Label).

I would love a sequel made by the same devs (still in 2D beauty), but that game is so damn perfect that i have no clue how it could be improved. No clue.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I’ve been waiting for Mario 65 for decades…

Top Bottom