• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Rumor: "Order of the Jedi" Episode 7 title and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I was worried that they jumped the gun and that the casting announcement was what they were originally going to announce on Sunday, but I'm glad that's not the case. All of that sounds very plausible. Really interesting if the big bad ends up not being related to the Sith.

I hope the next villain is a force of chaos who has all these elaborate plans that no one can predict and even allows himself to get captured by the good guys so he can cause even more damage. To make it even more emotional and thematic, he's a shadowy reflection of the main protagonist.

tumblr_n34mc7zjpv1rawb5do1_500.gif

tumblr_inline_mne7pwfPUy1qz4rgp.gif

tumblr_md1ljlQJmo1rahmg6o2_r1_500.gif

Loofy

Wrong Forum, could mods move to OFF TOPIC.

Rumor
  1. Luke Skywalker will now be an Obi Wan Kenobi-like mentor figure
  2. Princess Leia is now "Queen Regent of the Republic"
  3. Han Solo is "High Commander of the Republic"
  4. The bad guy will not be a Sith Lord
  5. A press release unveiling other major plot details is scheduled for May 4th

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2...edi-title-for-star-wars-episode-vii-revealed/
So the republic is the former empire former former republic right?
So do planets become good or evil depending on whos in charge at the moment? are the storm soldiers good guys now?

I see them killing Han (and possibly Leia/Chewie as well) in the first movie, pulling Luke out of retirement on Tattoine. He will either be on the old Lars farm, living a simple life or (if they really want ot go the fan service route) he is living in Obi Wan's old house.

Killing Han immediately puts this new villain over with fans and lays the foundation for a revenge story/angle.

Perhaps Leia/Han's kid (daughter) seeks out her uncle for help in learning the ways of the Force and off we go.

It brings the story full circle as Luke, slips into a role he experienced from the other side all those years ago in ANH.

Jarmel

Banned
Are we getting some version of Thrawn if this is true? No Sith is straight up bullshit, they definitely will have Sith. Might be a twist or something in the movie.

Some of those don't sound like very good rumors. I really hope the Solo family isn't in some kind of oligarchy position. That was one of the things I didn't like about the EU, they were too important to the galaxy at large. I'm all down for them to be regarded as heroes and play key roles, but don't make them lords of the universe. And no Sith? We needs a Sith. Maybe not as the primary villain, yet, but we need one, we need a lightsaber duel.

btrboyev

I see them killing Han (and possibly Leia/Chewie as well) in the first movie, pulling Luke out of retirement on Tattoine. He will either be on the old Lars farm, living a simple life or (if they really want ot go the fan service route) he is living in Obi Wan's old house.

Killing Han immediately puts this new villain over with fans and lays the foundation for a revenge story/angle.

Perhaps Leia/Han's kid (daughter) seeks out her uncle for help in learning the ways of the Force and off we go.

It brings the story full circle as Luke, slips into a role he experienced from the other side all those years ago in ANH.

Killing off these characters is not what I see happening. I don't think you get all the original cast back just to kill them. Fans would go ape shit. Especially if it were done poorly.

Some of those don't sound like very good rumors. I really hope the Solo family isn't in some kind of oligarchy position. That was one of the things I didn't like about the EU, they were too important to the galaxy at large. I'm all down for them to be regarded as heroes and play key roles, but don't make them lords of the universe. And no Sith? We needs a Sith. Maybe not as the primary villain, yet, but we need one, we need a lightsaber duel.

You can have a lightsaber duel without the Sith.

The villain has a lightsaber. And then he fights a Jedi. And he's really good at using a lightsaber.

Herne

Queen Regent? I imagine she has been granted the title of Queen from what remains of the people of Alderaan, but regent? Regent for who? What does a republic need with a queen or a regent?

What are the contenders for the antagonist(s)? When they say "not a Sith Lord" could that mean its another Sith apprentice?

May 4th, of course... Star Wars Day (commercial gimmick as bad as any Hallmark holiday).

Jarmel

Banned
You can have a lightsaber duel without the Sith.

The villain has a lightsaber. And then he fights a Jedi. And he's really good at using a lightsaber.

Lightsabers are supposed to be nightmares to use by regular people as you're very prone to cut off your own limbs due to them being weightless.

Killing off these characters is not what I see happening. I don't think you get all the original cast back just to kill them. Fans would go ape shit. Especially if it were done poorly.

Yes, they would go apeshit, giving weight to their deaths and instantly putting this new guy over as public enemy #1.

That is the entire point of "putting someone over".

Also, with Mayhew's health and Ford/Fisher's reluctance to do these films long term, it makes a ton of sense, imo.

Dopus

Banned

Well we did have General Grievous

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Blah title.

Are we getting some version of Thrawn if this is true? No Sith is straight up bullshit, they definitely will have Sith. Might be a twist or something in the movie.

Disney/Lucasfilm is going to disregard all pre Ep VII EU aside from the Clone Wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom