• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Rumor: "Order of the Jedi" Episode 7 title and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
I viewed the end of Return of the Jedi as the Sith being defeated FOR GOOD. All that prophecy talk in the prequels reinforced that for me. Luke broke the cycle.

Lightsabers are supposed to be nightmares to use by regular people as you're very prone to cut off your own limbs due to them being weightless.

Not to mention, a force user such as Luke can just force push the non-force user on their ass.

I viewed the end of Return of the Jedi as the Sith being defeated FOR GOOD. All that prophecy talk in the prequels reinforced that for me. Luke broke the cycle.

As long as there is jedi/force users, there is a chance for them to become Sith.

Why was Leia even a princess in the first one? I thought they were a republic. Unless it goes together with the "hero with a thousand faces" trope and it sounds cooler to rescue the "princess" than the "daughter of a leader of the rebellion" or whatever her dad was.

Order of the Jedi also sounds like the title of one of those EU books that was recently de-canonized. I hope they come up with something better.

I am guessing there will be some old remnants of the Empire with a Thrawn like leader who are finally making their attempt to gain more control of the galaxy. The events of the film will lead to one of the young Skywalker/Solo kids switching to the dark side at the end. Which will then be the main plot of the next two films

MisterHero

The bad guy is someone that looks like Palpatine. At first you know he's dead because he's communicating as a Force ghost. It's a foreboding reflection of the Phantom Menace scene where Senator Palpatine was speaking via hologram.

For ambiguity's sake, the shots will only show his mouth under the trademark cloak. We get scenes like this for 3 movies until HOLY SHIT IT'S PALPATINE. He's alive and has even worse makeup than the prior movies.

Slime

Banned
I think what gives this away is how bad the title is. It's just too awkwardly phrased.

And come on, if any of these movies is an "___ of the Jedi," it will be IX.

The bad guy is someone that looks like Palpatine. At first you know he's dead because he's communicating as a Force ghost. It's a foreboding reflection of the scene where Senator Palpatine was speaking via hologram in Phantom Menace.

For ambiguity's sake, the shots will only show his mouth under the trademark cloak. We get scenes like this for 3 movies until HOLY SHIT IT'S PALPATINE

Yeah, cause that reveal TOTALLY worked in the prequel flicks.

I hope you are joking.

What is "balance" to The Force anyway? No light or dark side?

Who knows, they never really fleshed it out.

My take? Anakin did bring balance to the force, or close enough. He slaughtered all the Jedi, leaving it with more or less 2 on the light side and 2 on the dark side. Balanced. Until that meddling wanderer Obi-Wan trained Luke, that is.

Total horseshit.

"The Hollywood Gossip" isn't a website to be checking for reliable news of any sort, either.

Nothing in the OP is correct. Lucasfilm has nothing planned for May the 4th but the Rebels trailer, which already leaked early anyway.

What is "balance" to The Force anyway? No light or dark side?

Yeah pretty much.

Anakin was the best the Jedi had to offer and Palps was the best the Sith had. There was only 3 representatives (Leia doesn't really count as she was never trained one way or the other) of that dynamic at the close of ROTJ.

Palps remained Sith, Anakin atoned and Luke remained neutral. Palps and Anakin died and Luke is the balance that Anakin leaves behind. At least that's how I have always seen it...

Savitar

How can you have balance if one side is wiped out?

More like the Sith and dark side was far too strong until Luke came and shifted the balance of the Force back to where it should be.

Until next time.

It's why the Jedi got wiped out, they were too dominate and the Force was unbalanced. The Sith unfortunately swung it too far the other way.

The Rule of Two was ended. Any darkside bloke can come along and claim to be the next Sith though and there you go. I hope they bring back the One Sith rule from the EU, or make something completely new, instead of restarting the Rule of Two.

Complete BS. It's not even possible to be the "queen" of a republic! Not to mention it contradicts the whole "overthrow the emperor to restore democracy" subplot that seemed pretty important in the original trilogy.

Unless the plot of this series is to overthrow Leia, which would be a wicked twist.

I do like the idea of the antagonist not being a Sith, since it was Anakin's destiny to destroy them and I always hated how that was thrown out the window in the EU.

Prologue

One of the three have to die, just to start off the trilogy with a big punch. Han will take the bullet, even though I want Luke to die.

I have spoken.

It's not even possible to be the "queen" of a republic! Not to mention it contradicts the whole "overthrow the emperor to restore democracy" subplot that seemed pretty important in the original trilogy.

Unless the plot of this series is to overthrow Leia, which would be a wicked twist.

Not saying the rumor is true, obviously, but SW has already demonstrated with Queen Amidala that our concept of "queen" is not directly equatable.

Who knows, they never really fleshed it out.

My take? Anakin did bring balance to the force, or close enough. He slaughtered all the Jedi, leaving it with more or less 2 on the light side and 2 on the dark side. Balanced. Until that meddling wanderer Obi-Wan trained Luke, that is.

I basically look at it as he wiped the slate clean on both sides, both of whome had thrown the force in disarray (jedi were arrogant, closed minded and of little purpose, like thousands of red dwarf stars just kind of there not doing anything, while the sith had condensed their power too much and became like a black hole. No balance). With Anakin's death, there was only Luke, a new almost neutral force user, only really Jedi in name, who would spark a brand new order rather then just rebuild the old broken one, of which naturally dark siders would spring from and a balanced yin-yang would begin again.

Complete BS. It's not even possible to be the "queen" of a republic! Not to mention it contradicts the whole "overthrow the emperor to restore democracy" subplot that seemed pretty important in the original trilogy.

I do like the idea of the antagonist not being a Sith, since it was Anakin's destiny to destroy them and I always hated how that was thrown out the window in the EU.

To your point, it might be interesting if we realize that the "fair and just" Republic that the Alliance sets up in the ashs of the Empire, grows to mirror the exact thing they tried to overthrow.

Too much contemporary social commentary?

GavinUK86

1. Luke Skywalker will now be an Obi Wan Kenobi-like mentor figure
  2. Princess Leia is now "Queen Regent of the Republic"
  3. Han Solo is "High Commander of the Republic"
  4. The bad guy will not be a Sith Lord
  5. A press release unveiling other major plot details is scheduled for May 4th

Oh please bring the original Sith species from Korriban into the movies. Technically, there wouldn't be any Sith "lords" per se, just Dark Jedi's. Imagine a small tribe of Sith from a *ahem* galaxy far, far away *cough* arriving on the scene. Long face tentacles and all.

Highly doubt there won't be a Sith Lord in this. It'll probably be a twist at the end of Ep7 or Ep8. Something along the lines of the S.L being responsible for the chaos caused by the non Sith bad guy in Ep7.

Enosh

Why was Leia even a princess in the first one?
because the republic/empire does not give a fuck about how the governments of planets are ruled as long as everything goes smoothly
the British queen isn't the queen of the EU and her being one doesn't mean the EU is a monarchy, just that one member state is

that's why Lea being the queen of the republic sounds stupid, she fought to restore the republic as it was (aka a republic with an elected chancellor) not just replace the monarch at the head with herself

so not sure if news is bullshit or if the movie is going to pull something stupid

well, i mean there can't really be any legitimate sith lords anymore.

they all died, so nobody's left to teach anyone to be a real Sith, much less a Sith Lord or Darth.

That doesn't preclude the villain from using the dark side. Assuming that these really fake and dubious rumors are anywhere near accurate, which is doubtful.

I would actually like the writers to adapt the Vong.

Adapt being the key word here.

This is what I think.

If they don't lift the Vong directly from the EU, they'll at least change them to suit their needs. I think extra-galactic invaders of some kind will be the next best thing after a rejuvenated Sith Order.

Andy Serkis as Onimi.

Adam Driver as Nom Anor.

Believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom