• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Rumor: "Order of the Jedi" Episode 7 title and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterHero

One of the three have to die, just to start off the trilogy with a big punch. Han will take the bullet, even though I want Luke to die.

I have spoken.
Movie will never be canon to me if one of them dies

EmCeeGramr said:
well, i mean there can't really be any legitimate sith lords anymore.

they all died, so nobody's left to teach anyone to be a real Sith, much less a Sith Lord or Darth.

That doesn't preclude the villain from using the dark side. Assuming that these really fake and dubious rumors are anywhere near accurate, which is doubtful.
They don't have to be a Sith, but a Force user can still do bad things.

And what if Jedi and Sith are after the same thing? Qui-Gon found one way to immortality. Palpatine mentions it in Ep. II and actually goes through with it in the Extended Universe.

I know it's not canon now, but I could really see Clone Emperor and Luuke being reasonable movie plots.

they all died, so nobody's left to teach anyone to be a real Sith, much less a Sith Lord or Darth.

That doesn't preclude the villain from using the dark side. Assuming that these really fake and dubious rumors are anywhere near accurate, which is doubtful.

Can the sith not return as force ghosts too? And teach things? They alluded to Qui Gon teaching Obi Wan and the others how to return as a ghost, so maybe thats there work around.

Can the sith not return as force ghosts too? And teach things? They alluded to Qui Gon teaching Obi Wan and the others how to return as a ghost, so maybe thats there work around.

any dark side Force user can be exposed to Sith teachings (accidentally or otherwise) and adopt them. they're typically left behind in the form of holocrons. i was under the impression sith could not return as force ghosts specifically, but may be wrong about that.

For reason I assume (and somebody can probably back this up) that being a Force ghost is unequivocally a Light Side thing that requires selflessness at the time of death.

Enosh

spoilers for season 6 CW

Darth Bane shows up in some ghost form
but Yoda says it's just an illusion so not sure if that was force ghost ala the Jedi or something else

MisterHero

For reason I assume (and somebody can probably back this up) that being a Force ghost is unequivocally a Light Side thing that requires selflessness at the time of death.
It might have to do with the secret he stole from Darth Plagueis. There could be more than one way.

Yeah, didn't Yoda mention something about that, saying only Jedi could achieve that, noting that Qui Gon was the first to do it?

Sulik2

I would be quite happy if the bad guy was not a Sith. Give that a rest and give us more political intrigue and brilliant admirals.
I WANT IT TO BE THRAWN AND I KNOW IT WON'T BE

There's plenty of holocrons and force apparitions (maybe ghost Sidious will play a role) out there to give someone all they need to restart the Sith order. Hell, they dont't even need that, somebody who studies the dark side can just come out and go "well the sith are dead, I will make a new order and call it Sith too". Characters proclaimed themselves to be Sith in the EU all the time. The only argument you can make is that they wouldn't be "true" Sith if they weren't officially dubbed one by another Sith, but I don't think that matters at all at the end of the day.

shira

They can do a whole bunch of things since EU is wiped.

- the emperor is still alive
- he made clones/twin
- they only killed a robot/decoy
- sith force ghosts
- infused sith medichlorians into to Han when he was in carbonite
- anakin dna from his helmet on endor
- darth maul dna from whatever pit he fell into

Smellycat

I hope the next villain is a force of chaos who has all these elaborate plans that no one can predict and even allows himself to get captured by the good guys so he can cause even more damage. To make it even more emotional and thematic, he's a shadowy reflection of the main protagonist.

tumblr_n34mc7zjpv1rawb5do1_500.gif

tumblr_inline_mne7pwfPUy1qz4rgp.gif

tumblr_md1ljlQJmo1rahmg6o2_r1_500.gif

You forgot Loki

Thats not true at all in the EU. Lucas canon is I think that powerful Sith can leave shallow apparitions but not truly linger as ghosts fully aware of their former life. At least thats what I got from that Bane ghost bit in Clone Wars.

SpudBud

The Clone Wars covered force ghosts in season 6. It was something taught to a very few Jedi. Qui-Gon Jinn, Yoda and Obi-Wan are the only ones who can manifest after death. Oui-Gon didn't complete his training though and can't manifest in ghost form. They also hint that Sith can not do this. They don't believe in an after life I think.

Scirrocco

any dark side Force user can be exposed to Sith teachings (accidentally or otherwise) and adopt them. they're typically left behind in the form of holocrons. i was under the impression sith could not return as force ghosts specifically, but may be wrong about that.

True in old EU, nothing said about it in new EU. Is the rule of 2 even established in the current canon? So there could be more sith out there somewhere. It really wouldn't e ven matter. Considering how every sith in the galaxy had secret apprentices, the rule of 2 always seemed more like a gulde line then a strict rule.

I have a feeling they're going to Voldemort it, and the emperor is going to be alive on the back of Adam Drivers head until he collects enough midchlorians to resurrect him in the goblet of endor.

MisterHero

Doctoglethorpe said:
Thats not true at all in the EU. Lucas canon is I think that powerful Sith can leave shallow apparitions but not truly linger as ghosts fully aware of their former life. At least thats what I got from that Bane ghost bit in Clone Wars.
EU Palpatine survived by possessing people rather than existing independently.

Moneal

True in old EU, nothing said about it in new EU. Is the rule of 2 even established in the current canon? So there could be more sith out there somewhere. It really wouldn't e ven matter. Considering how every sith in the galaxy had secret apprentices, the rule of 2 always seemed more like a gulde line then a strict rule.

the prequels had yoda mentioning the rule of 2. Master and apprentice stuff at some point during the Phantom Menace I believe.

I can't really see any of this being true. Order of the Jedi is a clunky name, especially following, chronologically, another title with "of the Jedi" in it.

Why would a New Republic or whatever have a Queen after they've just overthrown an Empire? And if they did, why would it be Leah over someone like Mon Mothma?

Han Solo being High Commander? Eh. The dude's a smuggler. Yes he served as a general, but it seems more likely he would try to distance himself from any sort of government.

I'll gladly eat crow if this stuff ends up being true, but it just doesn't seem all that plausible.

NeonZ

Although these rumors are probably false, couldn't they just make part of the new Jedi themselves the antagonists? Rather than being driven by emotion and personal ambition, they could be a group willing to do questionable things for the "greater good". Rather than being controlled by their emotions, their lack of emotions end up making them acts in ways that basically make them evil. They could even accuse the Jedi that oppose them of being the ones acting irrationally, driven by emotions.

So, the result would be a new group of evil Jedi without bringing back the Sith.

Raptor

Villian has to be iconic looking, Maul and Vader style if not the movie already failed.

All StarWars movies had them, even General Grievous was really out there looking, even if he was weird or something but it was recognizable.

I can't really see any of this being true. Order of the Jedi is a clunky name, especially following, chronologically, another title with "of the Jedi" in it.

Why would a New Republic or whatever have a Queen after they've just overthrown an Empire? And if they did, why would it be Leah over someone like Mon Mothma?

Han Solo being High Commander? Eh. The dude's a smuggler. Yes he served as a general, but it seems more likely he would try to distance himself from any sort of government.

I'll gladly eat crow if this stuff ends up being true, but it just doesn't seem all that plausible.

One thing I didn't like about the OT is that pretty much any character who was even slightly important was given a top military rank simply because they were part of the main cast. Luke, Han, and Lando were important sure...but did they have the experience necessary to be generals?

Moneal

Leah being Luke's(Restoring the Jedi) sister, a war hero herself, and already royalty from a major republic planet(yes it was destroyed), is the perfect person to take over for the emperor while the republic gets sorted out.

Yea that one sounds totally wrong. but with him and leia being together i doubt he would distance him self that far.

Bold is my responses

Ashodin

Come on guys, it's a new triology. You can't have the main villain be a Sith Lord, not yet. You reveal him in part 2, or at the end of part 1, and set up for the next movies.

Basic storytelling - build lore, introduce danger, climax, resolution

antonz

I like the idea of Luke being the Obi and i guess it was kind of inevitable considering he's like 174 years old. Still, it's going to be nice to see these guys and gal again.

Luke will only be like 52-53 years old in the movie. Han though will be around 65

For comparison. Qui-Gon was 60 in Episode 1 and Palpatine was only 50.

These just sound like educated guesses.

Bullshite at Leia's and Han Solo's roles though, it just wouldn't be in their characters to work as the "queen" and "commander" of the republic. More likely, they'd be chilling out at some chill planet.

Luke being a jedi mentor on the otherhand, is a given.

Who knows, they never really fleshed it out.

My take? Anakin did bring balance to the force, or close enough. He slaughtered all the Jedi, leaving it with more or less 2 on the light side and 2 on the dark side. Balanced. Until that meddling wanderer Obi-Wan trained Luke, that is.

The Dark side owned/ran the galaxy until Anakin killed Palpatine. Things were pretty slanted toward the dark side. I don't think it was a strict numbers game of force users.

Blader

Pretty sure Phantom Menace invented the rule of two. Before that there were tons of Sith running around in the pre-movie EU.

antonz

Rule of 2 is still officially Canon as it is directly talked about in The Clone Wars by Palpatine and Bane. Rule of 2 is specific to Official Sith. Dark Jedi as they are often called are not considered Sith but pawns of the Sith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom