• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bryan Singer, Gary Goddard Hit With New Sex Abuse Lawsuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

KalBalboa

Banned
So the previous lawsuit was proven to be garbage, right? Singer's defense was able to prove it was bogus?

Call me skeptical of anything like this revolving around Singer for the next month or so.

Volimar

Over ten years to file? If this is true, I hope they have something solid to make these guys pay, because waiting so long makes it look somewhat suspicious.

KalBalboa

Banned
Over ten years to file? If this is true, I hope they have something solid to make these guys pay, because waiting so long makes it look somewhat suspicious.

And having it all hit around the release of one of Singer's biggest releases, and not, you know, any time prior to it.

There's also this ugly feeling I have that there are some comic book die-hards trying to sully DOFP's release to aid Marvel Studios in acquiring the rights again, but I really hope that's not at the core of this.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
And having it all hit around the release of one of Singer's biggest releases, and not, you know, any time prior to it.

There's also this ugly feeling I have that there are some comic book die-hards trying to sully DOFP's release to aid Marvel Studios in acquiring the rights again, but I really hope that's not at the core of this.

You cannot be serious.

KalBalboa

Banned
You cannot be serious.

There are some criminally pathetic people out there on the internet.

All this stuff is popping up right before another comic book film of his hits the screen, too (some of it being flat-out proven to be BS by his lawyers). I really hope that's not the case, but some of the jabs being thrown his way are coming from a less-than-noble place sometimes. The gay jokes, etc.

The accusations proven to be completely fabricated are probably just money grabs.

anaron

Lmao

Get real.

The Adder

Banned

The fuck?

Wazzy

Banned

Oh come on. :/

Gary Goddard built some of the best independent attractions in the theme park business. I used to want to work for his company and have a lot of respect for his craft.

So this is all just way too crazy to me...

I expect even more people to start speaking out if it's true.

anaron

We have tons of photos confirming his twink parties, gaffers who live in Hollywood confirming the rumours and providing personal experiences, and people like Bret Easton Ellis saying "There is the notion that Hollywood, by its very nature, kind of encourages this behavior in a way,” Ellis says, before recalling a time he was invited to what he calls one of Singer’s “underage parties.”

Dai101

Banned

All this stuff is popping up right before another comic book film of his hits the screen, too (some of it being flat-out proven to be BS by his lawyers). I really hope that's not the case, but some of the jabs being thrown his way are coming from a less-than-noble place sometimes. The gay jokes, etc.

The accusations proven to be completely fabricated are probably just money grabs.

VQrztkp.gif

Oh wait, you're serious???

Tookay

Only on the internet.

Nairume

Banned
So the previous lawsuit was proven to be garbage, right? Singer's defense was able to prove it was bogus?
No, that lawsuit is still in the works. The one from the 90's was the one that got dismissed for not having enough evidence against him.

Does mean, however, you are wrong about them only now popping up due to his popularity.

10/10 if a joke

WTF if serious

KalBalboa

Banned
No, that lawsuit is still in the works. The one from the 90's was the one that got dismissed for not having enough evidence against him.

Does mean, however, you are wrong about them only now popping up due to his popularity.

Last I heard was this. I'll admit I'm not keeping up on the story, especially on GAF where it's kind of just a dog pile of jokes and the like.

But yeah, guilty until proven innocent I guess.

Sapiens

Singer was making one of the x-filmes in my town when I was 17 or so. I was at a bar he was at and now I'm kind of offended he never had his muscle-man friend rough me up a bit.

KalBalboa

Banned
A legal PR statement is different from them having actually proven anything that disproves Egan's claims.

I guess we'll see. Being able to prove you weren't even in the country during the alleged assault is a pretty big piece of the puzzle in most cases.

Nairume

Banned
I guess we'll see. Being able to prove you weren't even in the country during the alleged assault is a pretty big piece of the puzzle in most cases.
What you linked to isn't proof, though. It's his lawyer saying "Well, he has a good rational reason for not wanting to be anywhere near Hawaii, so he totally wasn't there because that doesn't make sense."

It's not "Hey, we have GPS data, photography, and credit card records placing him in this other place at that exact time."

KalBalboa

Banned
What you linked to isn't proof, though. It's his lawyer saying "Well, he has a good rational reason for not wanting to be anywhere near Hawaii, so he totally wasn't there because that doesn't make sense."

It's not "Hey, we have GPS data, photography, and credit card records placing him in this other place at that exact time."

Actually, they do have credit card records, specifically, if my memory serves correct.

Here's a Huffington post link:

Credit card receipts, telephone records and production schedules show that "X-Men" franchise director Bryan Singer was not in Hawaii when a lawsuit claims he sexually abused a 17-year-old on the islands, a defense attorney said Friday.

Nairume

Banned
Of course, it's entirely possible that such proof that he never left the filming site.

But they aren't presenting it, and they are only falling back on how it technically wouldn't make sense for him to and that is pretty questionable of them.

Nairume

Banned
Actually, they do have credit card records, specifically, if my memory serves correct.

Here's a Huffington post link:
Well there we go. That is probably what you should have linked first.

Of course, it'd be super easy to spoof all of that, which is why it's still not *really* conclusive proof nor does it mean that the case is by any means dropped.

It is something that Singer can try and lean on.

I will say that when they were filming Superman Returns, a buddy of mine (17 at the time) was invited out with Singer and the crew. Singer didn't do anything, but when my buddy went to take a piss, Kevin Spacey tried to take a picture of his cock.

Bosworth was also apparently coked out of her mind.

I will say that when they were filming Superman Returns, a buddy of mine (17 at the time) was invited out with Singer and the crew. Singer didn't do anything, but when my buddy went to take a piss, Kevin Spacey tried to take a picture of his cock.

Jesus.

Didn't he know that that was WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KalBalboa

Banned
Well there we go. That is probably what you should have linked first.

Of course, it'd be super easy to spoof all of that, which is why it's still not *really* conclusive proof nor does it mean that the case is by any means dropped.

It is something that Singer can try and lean on.

I actually did. This is the first paragraph from the first article I linked (Hollywood Reporter/AP):

HONOLULU (AP) — Credit card receipts, telephone records and production schedules show that X-Men franchise director Bryan Singer was not in Hawaii when a lawsuit claims he sexually abused a 17-year-old on the islands, a defense attorney said Friday.

You'd have to get credit card companies, phone companies, Fox studios, and a bunch of eye witnesses in on that kind of defense, but I'm admittedly no attorney.

Angry Fork

Is the kid in that picture with the superman suit the one he allegedly raped? Or is that just a random picture and people are saying because of the priest outfit he was being a creeper. Or both?

G-Fex

Is this the kind of guy we want for call of duty?

Pimpbaa

Obviously Key Spacey was trying to prove how WRONG! they were saying about the size of his dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom