• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Thread: Moon wizards make Pet Sounds with space magic in a bottle

What is your favorite class?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Replicant

I'm guessing the file I'm downloading off PSN is just some kind of program/shell to download the huge GB? There's no way this thing is only 179MB.

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
You would think that know how many pre-ordered that they would be swamped. Why would you not allow a pre-loading of the game.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
I haven't gotten my code whatsoever despite the fact that I was supposed to get it as the date to the beta got close. Wtf bungie!!!!!!

I'm going to have a good laugh come time for the Xbox One beta for this and Halo 5 if servers have issues. Don't see why people are bringing console war BS into this, as if games like WoW, Diablo, Battlefield never have server issues at launch or other high volume points (Betas, Expansions).

SJRB

Gold Member
It's almost as if rolling out a global beta for such a massively popular game like this worldwide on one specific moment is a recipe for disaster.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
FINALLY!!! I'm DLing dat beta!

I have two free codes too! :D

And now we play the waiting game

2014+_09c0da5b162c15d8ac19002c011e45d0.jpg

to you poor souls who downloaded from PSN and can't find your client because it was supposed to "magically appear"

> go to the PlayStation Store
> go to Games
> it's the first entry

(it didn't show up on the front page or if you searched "Destiny")

someday

Banned
Well, it took a while but I'm finally installing the Beta. I'm at 0.22/10.97 GB In Progress but I'm not planning on playing until later this evening. Just keep at it. I had errors all the way but just wait a second or two and try again. The longest screen was at the Redeem Codes screen in the PS store. It seemed stuck. I hit the PS button and went to my library screen and the Beta was there to download.

0.34/10.97 now. It's gonna take a while lol.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I'm holding off on using any of my hallowed codes now, until this shit is stable and running as it should be.

I'm too scared I'll use all 3 and be stuck up the creek....

Does Destiny has same system as World of Warcraft, when you can play in the same time, as game loads assets? Downloading not ended but I can start game still it can't connect to PSN(.)

Apathy

Really hope they realize how their network was brought to its knees over a beta and decide to beef it up for the actual launch.

HAHAH oh come on, that would require some common sense. No, I foresee this happening on launch day too. I mean even companies that see huge launches quite frequently, even they mess it up. I mean it took Blizzard 3 expansions before they either realized how to handle the problem of a lot of players smashing into a server at once.

i just canceled my ghost CE too, first time buying in walmart but they never sent the codes. better avoid any headaches in the future. what a sad day

bungie delivered his codes but sony went down again

Got my codes ready to go, but no luck on accessing the PS Store anywhere right now.

I'll just hold tight and be patient. I can wait a few hours before trying again and not risking any errors.

It's only a beta GAF that you still have over a week to play. Calm the hype (and anger) trains. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom