• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Beta Thread: Moon wizards make Pet Sounds with space magic in a bottle

What is your favorite class?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing the file I'm downloading off PSN is just some kind of program/shell to download the huge GB? There's no way this thing is only 179MB.
Yep just the client.

Warframe did the same. The difference was that Warframe never gave the illusion that it wasn't going to have a client. So this basically confirms why sony wasn't doing a preload. There was no fucking point to do one if Bungie was going to insist to have a client. I assume this is so they don't have to fuck around with Sony for updates

To those of you who are currently playing/downloading.

idGIlPg2lYWKZ.gif

Troll.png

10514368_346248805523622_2358587160518244118_o.jpg

ColEx

Managed to redeem my code through my VITA, and now its downloading on PS4, i knew this thing would become useful someday!

For some reason my PS4 was unplugged so I had a shit ton of downloads just waiting in a queue. Luckily my office is 1 mile from my house. Entered my code and came home plugged in PS4 and was able to download/install the beta from PSN in 2 minutes ; even though PSN was trying to deny me entry lol. Beta is now Installing and Transferring Game Content 15% as of right now. Gonna go work out, head back to work and all should be well @5 when I get off.

How fucking hard is it for them to just once not have a PSN crash when something like this happens?

It isn't free anymore Sony, it has to work better now!

I can't even get my code on Bungie.net, PSN login wont work.

Forget a midnight launch. You will be lucky to play launch day with the way this is going. I am really tired of this shit, like you said, it's a paid service now and it's down A LOT.

Seil

This is some seriously unstable shit. If PSN can't handle a beta, how the hell is it going to handle launch?

Pre-loading will be available for the actual game. And non digital orders won't be waiting for a code to throw in, but have discs. So other than authentication, unless there's a day one patch, it probably won't be getting hammered as bad.

Evil Beaver

So, my friend just sent me this list of codes for the Destiny Beta. It's not the beta itself, but it unlocks stuff for you in the beta. You redeem them on Bungie's site.

1: MVD-4N3-NKH
2: 3DA-P4X-F6A
3: YKA-RJG-MH9
4: TCN-HCD-TGY
5: HDX-ALM-V4K
6: 473-MXR-3X9
7: JMR-LFN-4A3
8: HC3-H44-DKC
9: 69P-KRM-JJA
10: 69P-VCH-337
11: 69R-CKD-X7L
12: 69R-DDD-FCP
13: 69R-F99-AXG
14: 69R-VL7-J6A
15: 69X-DJN-74V
16: 6A7-7NP-3X7
17: 6A9-DTG-YGN

It's saying I've already applied these codes. I'm guessing there are codes that were given out months ago.

Replicant

My download turned from 14gb to this.
Is it because we already have alpha or did it download incorrectly.

Same here. I deleted my Alpha tho..... so I'm guessing this is just a program to download another program.

This is annoying. Too many steps.

1. Reedeem store code on Bungie.net
2. Get PSN/Xbone code on Bungie.net
3. Redeem PSN/Xbone code on PSN/XBL
4. Download the Shell + update
5. Download the actual program.

FFS!

WavyStretch

Neo Member
Complete joke. This is why it should have been up for all to download from this weeks store update and codes should have been rolled out across timezones from midnight last night starting with NZ. We all knew this would happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom