• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldRoutes

Yeah I'm not super impressed by some of the 'Remastered' assets... Mostly the environments..

Still, it looks like what my mind actually thoughts Halo 2 looked like... and dear god was my mind wrong.

Buwx

Yeah I'm not super impressed by some of the 'Remastered' assets... Mostly the environments..

Still, it looks like what my mind actually thoughts Halo 2 looked like... and dear god was my mind wrong.

Yeah, to be honest, I'm not exactly expecting amazing graphics from H2A campaign (with the exception of Blur's cutscenes). No offense to Sabre Interactive... But HCEA looked hilariously bad in a lot of areas. H2A multiplayer, on the other hand... Mmm, so sexy looking.

antigoon

It may just be hype but the more I see of it the more I think H2A multiplayer is going to be the package with the most legs and tournament support. Especially with forge, and *especially* if 343 announces some sort of DLC program with new maps.

Madness

It may just be hype but the more I see of it the more I think H2A multiplayer is going to be the package with the most legs and tournament support. Especially with forge, and *especially* if 343 announces some sort of DLC program with new maps.

Doubt it. I think it'll naturally have a high player base initially as people are drawn to the remakes and the new graphics, but I think most will shift to beta when it starts and when it's over, Halo 3 and Halo 2 will have the largest player bases. Who knows, maybe forge can be good enough to design MLG and tournament maps to make up for only 6, but with no plans for DLC, and Halo 5 less than 10 months after beta, don't count on it.

Chitown B

so, The Halo Channel. Looks like Waypoint will go away and this will replace it. Probably why it hasn't been mentioned in a long time, and any attempts to get an answer about it on the X1 have been dodged.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
so, The Halo Channel. Looks like Waypoint will go away and this will replace it. Probably why it hasn't been mentioned in a long time, and any attempts to get an answer about it on the X1 have been dodged.

ya and they have already stopped all the support for Waypoint for Windows Phone and Windows. So this will be their new thing come this Nov.

Cool, will check it out

edit

OMG That 60fps really shows. Silky smooth and those explosions are awesome.

Buwx

ya and they have already stopped all the support for Waypoint for Windows Phone and Windows. So this will be their new thing come this Nov.

I really hope they maintain the Halo Channel better than they did Halo Waypoint. Waypoint was shitty, yes, but the lack of support is what really made it an absolutely worthless piece of junk. So much wasted potential.

Buwx

Going to watch this.

Shit at this rate I think I'll be getting an Xbone soon.

I'm going to buy one later today, today's news has completely surpassed my expectations.

Anyone have any suggestions for a game I should buy with my new Xbox One? I already have TMCC pre-ordered, but I can't exactly play that just yet, haha.

Woorloog

Banned
The Chief's remastered armor is kind of terrible looking. Wrong color, well, shade at least; doesn't look metallic, lustrous, like the original did (ignoring the fact it didn't really reflect anything, it just looked more metallic than this new version which is more clay/plastic-like IMO).
ODSTs look good though more silvery visor would have been nice. I'm surprised they didn't go for Halo 3/ODST like ODSTs.
The Elites. Okayish but they remind me too much of Reach Elites (i didn't like those). Too small hooves, and overall there's something off in them.
Also, those fucking energy swords. Would it have killed them to make the remastered one to look like the original Halo 2 sword, no sharp points near the hilt but rounded? I didn't like the Sword model in Halo 3 or any later Halo for that matter.

And overall the graphics don't look very impressive... Halo Anniversary looked really nice upon reveal, this.. does not.

Don't get me wrong, i'd love to play Halo 2 campaign again even with these graphics but i really expected something more.

EDIT OK, looks better in motion but still not quite what i expected. 60FPS is not a selling point for me.

singhr1

I'm going to buy one later today, today's news has completely surpassed my expectations.

Anyone have any suggestions for a game I should buy with my new Xbox One? I already have TMCC pre-ordered, but I can't exactly play that just yet, haha.

Depends on what you want. Assuming you don't have 360 versions:

PvZ: Garden Warfare is really sweet (just mute the children), just got another free DLC pack this week.

Forza 5 is beautiful if racing sim is your thing.

Wolfenstein is arguably one of the best games of this year.

DR3 great zombie killing fun while we wait for the others this year (Dead Island 2, Dying Light, etc.)

Woorloog

Banned
Anniversary Multiplayer: Now that looks good. Dual wielding and magnums? Excellent.
Too bad there's only 6 maps...
Just... can i play as an Elite?

JackHerer

Anniversary Multiplayer: Now that looks good. Dual wielding and magnums? Excellent.
Too bad there's only 6 maps...
Just... can i play as an Elite?

Yup. I kinda hope there is DLC on this one. Assuming the Ani MP is good then I would love to have the rest of the Halo 2 maps redone as well.

Woorloog

Banned
Yup. I kinda hope there is DLC on this one. Assuming the Ani MP is good then I would love to have the rest of the Halo 2 maps redone as well.

Frankie pretty much killed all hope for DLC for the MCC. Probably don't want to split community, or waste time for DLC for it when Halo 5 is coming the next year.

JackHerer

Frankie pretty much killed all hope for DLC for the MCC. Probably don't want to split community, or waste time for DLC for it when Halo 5 is coming the next year.

Too bad. I understand the rationale though with Halo 5 development in full swing.

Edit: Those clips of H2A have got me hyped. 60 fps is a game changer for Halo in a lot of ways and the visuals look great imo. Can't wait.

You can grab the EA pass for $30 and you get Peggle 2, Battlefield 4, FIFA 14 and Madden 25. Pretty good deal if you don't have any of those already (on PS4, 360, etc).

TheOddOne

Posted this over at HaloGAF, but you guys might like it too.

ibhJUctAiy3Z93.gif

JackHerer

Oh damn, I just saw the dynamic waterfall they added to the bases on Sanctuary. Looks kinda cool but I can see it having negative effects on gameplay...

Edit: Beaten...

TrounceX

OH

MY

GOD

That looks soooooo fucking good. My hype levels are at absolute maximum for this game.

And thank god 343i finally has some testers (designers?) who are actually skilled at the game they are testing. I mean that gameplay was legit. Hopefully the perspectives of these players will permeate through to Halo 5.

Oh damn, I just saw the dynamic waterfall they added to the bases on Sanctuary. Looks kinda cool but I can see it having negative effects on gameplay...

Edit: Beaten...

How so? Keep in mind that (at least from the inside), the water is semi-transparent and allows you to keep a view on the outside. Keep in mind motion trackers are also a thing.

JackHerer

How so? Keep in mind that (at least from the inside), the water is semi-transparent and allows you to keep a view on the outside. Keep in mind motion trackers are also a thing.

I'm thinking particularly for objective games. It could make it easier for teams to grab the flag etc by making the approach to the base easier via blocking the line of site of the defenders. It also generally has the ability greatly alter the flow of the map. If that waterfall is constantly being spammed it would make that area more disadvantageous than it was previously, for all game types. Although changing the flow is not necessarily a bad thing I guess. The shield on Ascension looks to be even more significant in its effect on gameplay. Hopefully you can just turn them off in Forge if you want.

Note: I know it's semitransparent but it still looks difficult to see through.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I'm thinking particularly for objective games. It could make it easier for teams to grab the flag etc by making the approach to the base easier via blocking the line of site of the defenders. It also generally has the ability greatly control the flow of the map. If that is constantly being spammed it would make that area more disadvantageous than it was previously, for all game types. Although changing the flow is not necessarily a bad thing I guess. The shield on Ascension looks to be even more significant in its effect on gameplay. Hopefully you can just turn them off in Forge if you want.

Note: I know it's semitransparent but it still looks difficult to see through.

They can be turned off.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
We are going to get TON AND TONS of gameplay this week. So excited, also excited about the tournament. Do we know the specifics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom