• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Master Chief Collection Master Thread | This is it, baby. Hold me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Those links are working again? AWESOME !!
Need more direct feed gameplay now, me so greedy

singhr1

tumblr_inline_n044flfCeG1qjf7qf.gif

Somehow the MP footage does even look better than the campaign ...

It's that dual rendering, rendering the new graphics and the old in a dated engine (not 100% optimized for new Xbox One) etc.

Same way Halo CEA didn't look as good as Halo 4.

Toa TAK

Banned
I can't handle all this Halo goodness today. The game looks phenomenal at 60pfs, it almost looks like a completely different game.

Sanctuary is a great choice to bring into the H2:A multiplayer and I look forward to dropping some water on people in game.

OrangeOak

Are they going to add scoring and medals to Halo 4 campaign or there is no chance for that?
Small things like that ,that were present in previous games but were cut from Halo 4 made it a lot less enjoyable game for me than it could have been.
I really like medals and scoring in coop campaign.

Im probably late to the party to ask this question, but is there anyone here who has a source from someone at Gamescon that can confirm what that "Choose Weapons Set" option is suppose to mean?

If it means what most people assume it means, it makes no sense given their new outlooks on Halo influenced by us; In fact it was directly de-confirmed for Halo 5 when they stated "the one person on red team will start out the same as everyone else on red team."

And some other conclusions Im using reasoning to get to dont add up fully either/

Madness

I wonder how H2A maps stack up to the Halo 5 beta maps. In terms of graphics, textures, skyboxes, geometry, etc.

Was watching 1080p/60fps footage on Sanctuary and it looked amazing.

Daria

I can't handle all this Halo goodness today. The game looks phenomenal at 60pfs, it almost looks like a completely different game.

Sanctuary is a great choice to bring into the H2:A multiplayer and I look forward to dropping some water on people in game.

And then coming up with that backsmack. HNNNNNG

Infographic in OP has been updated.

ODSTs look kinda terrible. Hope those get some changes.

Artistically it looks great. Looks like the lighting is unfinished though. Some trees and characters appear very "ghastly", if it makes sense. To reference Forge, would be like all of the pieces rendering the lighting except that one piece, which remains a bright white.

KevinG

Anyone have alternate links to watch this footage in 60 FPS? These links won't play on an iPad, which is currently my best means for watching.

Edit: I would post this right after someone provides a link.

RoKKeR

I've just now seen the 60fps Sanctuary footage....

Holy. FUCK. I can't believe how good it looks. 60fps and Halo is just too good. And the art style of Sanctuary is ace.

343 killing it this year.

nomis

tumblr_inline_n044flfCeG1qjf7qf.gif

Somehow the MP footage does even look better than the campaign ...

"Somehow" being no old engine running underneath stealing framebuffer space in the ESRAM and tying the gameplay to old animations. Campaign still looks great. Animations and interaction still kinda hold up, and the textures/particle effects look awesome. The material quality and color of the Chief model is exactly what I hoped for.

Source

It's lookin' good. I like that they got rid of the Halo 4 center screen text pop ups. I like that the new feature on Sanctuary is waterfalls at the bases and not something that messes with the gameplay too much. I do not like the new SMG sound, though.

I wonder how H2A maps stack up to the Halo 5 beta maps. In terms of graphics, textures, skyboxes, geometry, etc.

Was watching 1080p/60fps footage on Sanctuary and it looked amazing.

In the beta video they showed a remake of Midship from the Halo 5 beta didn't they? Unless I am mistaken.

Hawk269

HOLY SHIT! Visually, these remade levels just look amazing and seem so silky smooth. If this is what they can do with the Xbox One on a remake, imagine what Halo 5 is going to be like?

I agree with a poster above, these remake levels look better that the H2 remake campaign, but it makes sense since these remake levels are from the ground up made on the Xbox One. I am really impressed on how good this looked.

I also though the b-roll footage of the campaign looked really good too, but this gamersyde video just takes the cake.

Benslammin

Neo Member
What always bothered me about Halo is that the cross hair is so goddamn low.

Is there an option to make it the center of the screen like every normal FPS ever?

blakep267

I downloaded that 60fps vid and tried watching it :(. My macbook was not having it. Couldn't even get 10 seconds on before it started freezing

Homeboyd

The base gate? The new mini bridge at top centre of the base to wheel that goes down? Of course as you mention the wheel bridge too. So I think it has 3 interactive elements now.

1406315117-sdcc-2014-halo-2-anniversary-zanzibar-the-setup.jpg
No I mean the "new" h2a-flairified interactive feature. Like the shield on ascension and the waterfall on sanc.

No I mean the "new" h2a-flairified interactive feature. Like the shield on ascension and the waterfall on sanc.

Yep, the second point I posted. Here I'll circle it for ya. This is new and I'm assuming interactive. Also there were the pillars at the bomb arming area you could shoot and destroy in the original map too, it made defending far too easy (not sure if this is returning or not).

qlccvph.jpg

I read a comment on another thread where someone said that getting a 50 in Halo CE would be the pinnacle of human achievment and I'm starting to believe him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom