• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

lupinko

Zeta_enforcer just confirmed to me to those that don't know, that to activate the third in a mirage trio can use any version of the opposite game mon.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Reading trough this page a bit I understand that Pokémon with synchronize make it much easier to find a Pokémon with the right nature. Given that you have synchronizers of the nature you're looking for of course. I know my Ralts is a synchronizer, have to look up her nature though. So if I decide to breed that Ralts, the baby's will have synchronize too? And then I just need to hope they have the nature I'm looking for I guess. Please correct me if I'm wrong :p
You'll have an 80% chance the babies will have Synchronize.

There's no way to get the Eon Ticket except Streetpass locally right? I can't get it when I check my news updates when I connect to the internet?

Alternatively, is it possible to get a shiny Lati@s when Steven takes you there.
Well streetpassing from a Nintendo Zone (streetpass relay) and thus homepass works. That is how I got mine. Just remember ORAS can't be in the top-left slot on the streetpass management menu (in system settings) because for some reason the slot won't pass with Nintendo zones (I think this will hurt distribution of the Eon ticket more than anything else). Get something else in there by activating streetpass on that (I recommend 3DS sound for this purpose as it is always on the system menu and quick to activate/decativate).

so guys i have a couple of questions
1.What is the most effective Battle Maison team to curbstomp those hax chatlaen bitches and the trainers before them?
I recommend getting some inspiration from the teams posted in the Smogon battle maison records thread:
http://spo.ink/maison
Just look at that and think which ones do you have the tools to do and which ones are easy to use (hint: this isn't always the one with the highest score). I'd stay away from attrition ones involving entertainment Durant as that sounds like matches can really drag on using those.

My favored tripes farming is Talonflame, Blastoise, Greninja (the back 3 are not as important). I had a few close calls with it but I got a nice 200+ streak with it (I've stopped for now as BP in XY is more limited in use than in ORAS).

Also bear in mind multi battles have changed in ORAS as it seems you only have 4 AI trainers to choose now rather than 4+friends list (I know serebii says otherwise but I watch a livestream where someone only had the 4 to choose from despite having friends in their PSS). The 4 AI trainers seem to be a bit better this time.

My Carvanha evolved and surf is awesome now. Do any other Pokemon have surf like that?
Kyogre has a massive hitbox.

Uhhh.
What's going on with Jirachi on GTS??
I think version 1.3 of XY and 1.1 of ORAS blocked this but basically game only checked profanity upon making a nickname so if you used a cyber gadget to change the nickname it would go through. Even so you still get plenty of nlgger (where all but the l are capital letters).

Why they would just delete those off GTS I don't know...maybe they can't.

Where were you guys when everyone on GTS were offering legends for Koffing? lmao
I remember last Christmas when Pokemon Bank was open for about 2 hours (until it and regular trafic on the eShop bought it to a grinding halt). I got a Meowth, traded for the rest of the breedable ones and then used Kricketot to finish off the Kalos Pokedex (I feel kind of guilty for getting a Moltres using Kricketot).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Got my 8th badge and I'm all set for Victory Road. Great adventure this was!

Oh, and Soar is nothing short of fantastic. It's a shame they give it to you so late in the game. It truly renders Fly obsolete, as the speed the latter provides is less important than the joy the former gives to me. Not to mention all the hidden stuff you can find while cruising the Hoenn skies.

lupinko

Charity Band / Christmas Party 2014 / Pokemon with You Shiny Jirachi is different guys.

zPBRhJal.jpg

OT: ポケセン
ID: 12014
Level 15
Item: Stardust
Wish
Confusion
Helping Hand
Return

Compared to Tanabata:

OT: たなばた
ID: 08014
Level 10
Item: Star Piece
Wish
Swift
Healing Wish
Moonblast

And compared to South Korea's Wishing Star Jirachi:

v869wjjl.jpg

Shun

No Moonblast, well I guess I have no use for the Christmas Party one and I'll have to scout for a Tanabata one.

Got pretty lucky today.
"Oh, cool, you can search for specific Pokemon using this DexNav thing? Let me try it on Ralts..."

I'll probably edit the nature later for Gallade since I already got a shiny Gardevoir. >___>;

That nature is perfect for a Mega Gardevoir.

lupinko

No Moonblast, well I guess I have no use for the Christmas Party one and I'll have to scout for a Tanabata one.

If you still plan on getting one when you go to Japan, I can trade you a Tanabata for a Christmas party code. Besides the 90 or so I have farmed, I have unused WCs too.

Neidii

Was waiting what felt like forever to play Alpha Sapphire. EU release dates are bs. Anyway once I finally found it after searching through severs stores I was not disappointed. Nostalgia hit me so hard in the intro that I teared up badly and had to put the game down several times lol. Great game, I love the graphics and gameplay feels so smooth and fast.I'm so addicted to wondertrading, super training and Pokemon amie. Soundtrack is great. I'm having so much fun <33

Zeta_enforcer just confirmed to me to those that don't know, that to activate the third in a mirage trio can use any version of the opposite game mon.

Sweet, those Legendaries you once gave me will come in handy.

I've still got those two 'mon you wanted waiting for you on my X cart, by the way. Just send me a PM with some rough times when you can be available, and we'll schedule something.

I just received my copy of Alpha Sapphire. Now just need to finish Dragon Age: Inquisition before I'll be able to devote any real time to it. :lol

Wait so changing the 3DS clock messes up timed events and puts a 24 hour lock on them...I guess swapping 3DS systems does the same (as the clocks are different on both). The disadvantage of having 2 systems. Better remember to only play OR on one of them...

Well; anyway time for my team to take on the 8th Gym (Sharpedo, Mitghyena, Linoome, Pelliper, Machoke and Swampert) a bit too much water, would you say? Pelliper was great against Groudon, 3 Stockpiles (I'll take my *2.5 Def&SpD) and then Air Slash while it sat there doing Earthquakes.

I still find it neat that the markings on groudon and kyogre were always stylized omega and alpha symbols and I never really noticed until this game outright pointed it out. It's a nice nod to Hoenn and its legends being based on Hebrew and Biblical monsters.

Saiyan-Rox

What is this homepass people are doing to try and get the Eon ticket? :eek:

Got this on release day only managed to get the first badge so far just too damn busy and any free time I get I cba playing things.

Yrael

Tried again for a good Rayquaza, and got:

31/31/31/12/31/28, Jolly

Yep, I think I'll stick with that!

What is this homepass people are doing to try and get the Eon ticket? :eek:

Got this on release day only managed to get the first badge so far just too damn busy and any free time I get I cba playing things.

It's a way of effectively setting up your own Streetpass relay by tricking your 3DS into thinking that there's a Nintendo Zone at your home. There are a few tutorials online (ie. like this one for a Mac computer). Here's a good guide:

http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comments/2n8hg9/want_the_eon_ticket_homepass_is_for_you/

HawthorneKitty

Muku

Another night of Latias being a jerk.

Edit: Nope, can't redeem the items twice so that means everything once per save.

Cool, thank you for checking. Guess any extras I get, I'll be trading the codes (so recipent will have to have a JPN 3DS). You can only redeem via ORAS and not XY, correct?

lupinko

Another night of Latias being a jerk.

Cool, thank you for checking. Guess any extras I get, I'll be trading the codes (so recipent will have to have a JPN 3DS). You can only redeem via ORAS and not XY, correct?

ORAS only, and I have a spare game if you want me to redeem right now.

I can do it in English if you want because I set up my JP OR in English. JP AS is in Japanese and the cart AS J is in English. I'd prefer those two for my own at this time.

Muku

ORAS only, and I have a spare game if you want me to redeem right now.

I can do it in English if you want because I set up my JP OR in English. JP AS is in Japanese and the cart AS J is in English. I'd prefer those two for my own at this time.

Don't have anything yet. Just making sure it's ORAS only. JPN AS is top on my Christmas list as is the TCG illustration book coming out later this month, so we'll see how that turns out.

Do have a question with Eon ticket. If you should happen to get one while out and about, how does it work when claiming? Time right now is on Southern Islands SRing for a shiny Latias, and you get the opposite on same isle, correct?

lupinko

Don't have anything yet. Just making sure it's ORAS only. JPN AS is top on my Christmas list as is the TCG illustration book coming out later this month, so we'll see how that turns out.

Do have a question with Eon ticket. If you should happen to get one while out and about, how does it work when claiming? Time right now is on Southern Islands SRing for a shiny Latias, and you get the opposite on same isle, correct?

Not sure as I'm not there yet and I haven't accepted the ticket from the lady yet.

And typo I meant the eshop JP as is in English. I'm almost done EV training my mild shiny Deoxys Attack from Emerald, it's at level 30, it joins the party once maxed. :D

I got many reset bags so I'll reset Jirachi and Celebi later.

Muku

Not sure as I'm not there yet and I haven't accepted the ticket from the lady yet.

And typo I meant the eshop JP as is in English. I'm almost done EV training my mild shiny Deoxys Attack from Emerald, it's at level 30, it joins the party once maxed. :D

I got many reset bags so I'll reset Jirachi and Celebi later.

Ooh. I went out today with my game in hand. Mainly to SR on the train. But afraid to check to see if I had received an Eon Ticket. I guess if you have to go to PC to accept it, then I'm okay.

lupinko

Ooh. I went out today with my game in hand. Mainly to SR on the train. But afraid to check to see if I had received an Eon Ticket. I guess if you have to go to PC to accept it, then I'm okay.

Ah ok, and don't forget to get Charity Band Jirachi, it's different than the one I gave you.

lupinko

Not sure when I'll get a chance at Yokohama one, but might get a chance at one in Tokyo later this month. Will see how that goes.

Oh ok, and in other news finished super training my shiny mild Deoxys A, time for it to join my team and destroy Norman with. 252 SpA/Spe 6 Atk. :D

This is the first generation remake where the next game in the generation was a remake.

It makes me wonder if we'll be heading back to Kanto one more time before we go back to Sinnoh, as a DP remake seems entirely pointless as that game doesn't really have much that would be improved over the original, and they've never done a remake that was only only on one system back.

Firer Red and Leafier Green

Actually "Fire Red 2 and Leaf Green 2" that take place 10 years after HG/SS would be interesting as well. They could go back to Kanto but make major changes to it while it still being Kanto. It's far enough out that the region could drastically change, but short enough of a time that nobody (important) would be dead or unreasonably old.

But really a Diamond and Pearl remake seems entirely pointless. Even this remake is kind of pointless, but the major battle changes DP made justify it. FR/LG and HG/SS served a purpose of bridging the gap between Gen 2 and 3, as the first two generations were left behind. But the fact that you can have a Pokemon in this game that was caught in the original version transferred all the way through 3 generations is both fascinating and makes the remake not seem as important.

And also a little annoyed like Poke Bank can't access 4th gen games :/

Still a great game though, but I don't find it as strong as a remake as FR/LG and HG/SS were.

HawthorneKitty

This is the first generation remake where the next game in the generation was a remake.

It makes me wonder if we'll be heading back to Kanto one more time before we go back to Sinnoh, as a DP remake seems entirely pointless as that game doesn't really have much that would be improved over the original, and they've never done a remake that was only only on one system back.

Actually "Fire Red 2 and Leaf Green 2" that take place 10 years after HG/SS would be interesting as well. They could go back to Kanto but make major changes to it while it still being Kanto. It's far enough out that the region could drastically change, but short enough of a time that nobody (important) would be dead or unreasonably old.

But really a Diamond and Pearl remake seems entirely pointless. Even this remake is kind of pointless, but the major battle changes DP made justify it. FR/LG and HG/SS served a purpose of bridging the gap between Gen 2 and 3, as the first two generations were left behind. But the fact that you can have a Pokemon in this game that was caught in the original version transferred all the way through 3 generations is both fascinating and makes the remake not seem as important.

So you're saying Kanto will be okay because they can totally change it, but not Sinnoh because they totally can't change it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Still a great game though, but I don't find it as strong as a remake as FR/LG and HG/SS were.
I'd say these remakes are pretty important, if only due to the fact that you can't play the original games on the current portable system. Thanks to Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, the only games that aren't playable on 3DS are those from gen 1.

Besides, all previous remakes appeared 2 gens after their original one. This is the first time it happened 3 gens later, so they actually appeared later than the previous ones.

So you're saying Kanto will be okay because they can totally change it, but not Sinnoh because they totally can't change it.

If they want to go ten years into the future for Sinnoh, by all means, but a straight Diamond and Pearl remake in the vein of this game would be entirely pointless. A direct remake of Fire Red and Leaf Green would at least be seeing the world in 3D, unlike Diamond and Pearl which would just be seeing it with 3D characters and battles, which isn't that large of a gimmick to remake the entire game.

Now that they've done all the sprite based Pokemon games, they probably need to think of new ways to exploit old regions and nostalgia. Taking a game that was already 3D (map wise) and making it even more 3D isn't going to cut it.

And anyway, I find Diamond and Pearl (or rather, HG/SS more specifically) to have the cleanest and best art style of the Pokemon games. The graphics have just the right amount of 3D and sprites so it's not entirely 3D, but not the awkward mess that Black/White were. Moving that to entirely 3D almost seems like a downgrade.

teeny

Got my Eon ticket walking around in Maidstone (UK) today, of all places, where I get streetpassed by the same two people virtually every day. Not going to complain though!

lupinko

I'm at Southern Island now, won't leave until shiny timid Latias. Even though I have my mild shiny Latias up from Emerald.

lupinko

Sometimes I wonder how you have so much time to SR for shinies all day. Especially with how many shinies you got

In Emerald not that long because I know when it will be shiny, and in X the shiny charm, and friend safari makes it easier. For AS it's old school. :/

wiibomb

Charity Band / Christmas Party 2014 / Pokemon with You Shiny Jirachi is different guys.

zPBRhJal.jpg

OT: &#12509;&#12465;&#12475;&#12531;
ID: 12014
Level 15
Item: Stardust
Wish
Confusion
Helping Hand
Return

Compared to Tanabata:

OT: &#12383;&#12394;&#12400;&#12383;
ID: 08014
Level 10
Item: Star Piece
Wish
Swift
Healing Wish
Moonblast

And compared to South Korea's Wishing Star Jirachi:

v869wjjl.jpg

I wish I could ever get a shiny jirachi like that, love it and its pretty disappointing to see its always on the other part of the world

lupinko

I guess I should start my Omega Ruby playthrough now on my NA 3DS, I'll be in Southern Island for awhile on my JP AS I guess.

Was waiting what felt like forever to play Alpha Sapphire. EU release dates are bs. Anyway once I finally found it after searching through severs stores I was not disappointed. Nostalgia hit me so hard in the intro that I teared up badly and had to put the game down several times lol. Great game, I love the graphics and gameplay feels so smooth and fast.I'm so addicted to wondertrading, super training and Pokemon amie. Soundtrack is great. I'm having so much fun <33

Same here, I still remember playing Sapphire on my GBA SP like it was yesterday, hard to believe these days are long gone...

And is there any good reason to not disable the auto-save each time you enable WiFi functions? It makes connecting to online quite a bit faster, especially if you standby the 3DS alot, I just wish there would be a auto-connect feature.

lupinko

Same here, I still remember playing Sapphire on my GBA SP like it was yesterday, hard to believe these days are long gone...

And is there any good reason to not disable the auto-save each time you enable WiFi functions? It makes connecting to online quite a bit faster, especially if you standby the 3DS alot, I just wish there would be a auto-connect feature.

Sr for Natures/Shinies/IVs of Legendaries.

Imo auto save is terribad in pokemon.

Sr for Natures/Shinies/IVs of Legendaries.

Imo auto save is terribad in pokemon.

So the WiFi save function helps with SR-ing for Legendaries? o.o I just meant the dialog that always pops-up when you start Online Mode in the PPS system that asks you to save the game when you go online. You can turn it off so it doesn't ask you to save but I wanted to know if there's a reason to keep it enabled.

What level would be optimal to evolve Machoke? Restraining myself from looking up level up moves online for the surprise factor.

Mine has Bullet Punch for what it's worth.

UberTag

Well, I just had the unfortunate experience of encountering only my 2nd ever shiny wild Pokemon - in this case a Ralts - and having it teleport away from me after a single round.
LLShC.gif

Impala26

Been awhile since playing deep into pokemon games but...

Do pokemon with the Synchronize ability still noticeably affect the nature of Legendary pokemon specifically? If so, does anyone know what the odds for it are in ORAS/Gen VI?

Muku

I'm at Southern Island now, won't leave until shiny timid Latias. Even though I have my mild shiny Latias up from Emerald.

Good luck. Stuck on this island for two and a half days so far. I don't think Latias thinks I'm serious enough yet. Not leaving until I get Timid Shiny Latias.

Auto-save is awful and once I found out in XY you could turn it off, it got turned off. I don't see any reason to keep it enabled.

What level would be optimal to evolve Machoke? Restraining myself from looking up level up moves online for the surprise factor.

Mine has Bullet Punch for what it's worth.

As far as I know, with the move re-learner, there isn't really a point to waiting to evolve anymore if you don't mind thiefing some fishies for 20 minutes or so to stock up on Heart Scales. RS are probably the easiest games in the entire series to farm Heart Scales in, and I doubt OR/AS is any different.

Unless I'm remembering wrong and the Move Re-Learner can't teach moves you missed by evolving (I was under the assumption it does).

Top Bottom