• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire |OT| Hoenn Finally Confirmed

In my opinion:

Groudon>Kyogre
Lugia>Ho-oh
Thundurus>Tornadus
Dialga>Palkia
Zekrom>Reshiram

I'm not sure why I picked Omega Ruby. :p

Yeah, same here. I only picked OR cause that's the game I chose with the originals. Maybe I should have gone AS just to experience something a little different.

UberTag

Even though it escaped, color me jealous. I never found a shiny mon in the wild :(
I was completely unprepared for it. Wasn't even shiny chaining or anything. Just using DexNav to build my army of Synchronizers for every non-neutral Nature and one showed up out of the blue.

I did successfully catch a shiny Litwick in Pokemon Black & White. That's my only other shiny apart from gift ones.
This Ralts was a female too which makes it more heartbreaking. I could have bred a bunch to trade for all sorts of stuff.

Linius

I used to have Sapphire, mostly for Kyogre who's way more awesome than Kyogre. Now I picked Alpha Sapphire. With the Gold/Silver remakes I did make a change, went from Gold to Soul Silver.

So far it's been blue -> Gold -> Sapphire -> Leaf Green -> Diamond -> Soul Silver -> White -> X and Y -> Alpha Sapphire for me.

I bought Sapphire and Diamond from the US back when. At that time there was quite a few months between the EU and US release of the games. Only need to buy White 2 or Black 2 some time. Just because.

Hylian7

Same.

Yep, they were high, probably.

Off topic: Episode Delta spoilers:

So, this alter universe theory mean that I can say that my protagonist in Ruby actually had white hair! Thanks GameFreak.
Pretty sure Sugimori said on Twitter that it was in fact a hat...

....loooool

Come on GF, wtf were you thinking...

I feel like that is even asking too much for Japan.

That was something that should have changed during localization.
I live in Minnesota, USA.

I'm going to hit 500 flags today for sure, at about 480 right now. I've only been gathering flags since last Monday, too. And the amount of streetpasses I've gotten during this process are pretty negligible.

backlot

I'm going to hit 500 flags today for sure, at about 480 right now. I've only been gathering flags since last Monday, too. And the amount of streetpasses I've gotten during this process are pretty negligible.

Yeah, I've gotten nearly 100 so far without even trying to hunt down every secret base when Buzz Nav updates. I have a secret pal that gives me 10 per day. I'll get to 1000 eventually.

This can't be quoted enough.

I'm almost at 200 flags and I haven't had a single ORAS streetpass.

People really need to use their buzznav more to get secret bases.

Linius

How does the secret base work exactly? I got three ORAS streetpasses today but I'm not sure how BuzNav works. Do I need to go find bases in my game now?

I was thinking about this today, on ways how GF could get more people to buy the eventual Red/Blue/Green remakes. Gen 1 fans will hate me after this post, but I'm sorry. Imagine this: You go on your way through Kanto, everything is fine and all that, then suddenly when you beat the E4, Johto opens up and you have 8 more badges to get. Yes, I know that people will want a "pure" Red/Blue experience, and that what I'm saying has a 0.1x10 to the millionth chance of happening, but if they managed to keep it under wraps, the shock would be great.

That or they could bring back the Sevii Islands and add more islands, including a Battle Resort.

You open the cute little mailbox in BuzzNav to "update" your game. You can then open up AreaNav, choose the "Bases" tab, and hunt people down. You can also get up to 30 "passes" every 8 hours just be connecting to the internet and then once again opening up that cute little mailbox.

Don't forget to add everybody as a Secret Pal so you can talk to them and see if they have any flags. This is how I get the majority of my flags. For example, a kind old lady just handed me 27 flags and I am picking up my gold flag now as a result.

I was thinking about this today, on ways how GF could get more people to buy the eventual Red/Blue/Green remakes. Gen 1 fans will hate me after this post, but I'm sorry. Imagine this: You go on your way through Kanto, everything is fine and all that, then suddenly when you beat the E4, Johto opens up and you have 8 more badges to get. Yes, I know that people will want a "pure" Red/Blue experience, and that what I'm saying has a 0.1x10 to the millionth chance of happening, but if they managed to keep it under wraps, the shock would be great.

That or they could bring back the Sevii Islands and add more islands, including a Battle Resort.

Dude I would love that. More content and making the an old game like that feel newer.

Linius

You open the cute little mailbox in BuzzNav to "update" your game. You can then open up AreaNav, choose the "Bases" tab, and hunt people down. You can also get up to 30 "passes" every 8 hours just be connecting to the internet and then once again opening up that cute little mailbox.

Don't forget to add everybody as a Secret Pal so you can talk to them and see if they have any flags. This is how I get the majority of my flags. For example, a kind old lady just handed me 27 flags and I am picking up my gold flag now as a result.

Ah, didn't know about this part. Already opened the mailbox and then carried on with the game. Gotta check that out later.

Dude I would love that. More content and making the an old game like that feel newer.

Thanks, it was just a brainstorm though, GF could come with something a lot more refined.

Off topic:

One thing that I wish they did (even though following the lore it would be useless / not necessary / redundant) is give Mew a Mega Stone, then make you find the Mega Stone under a truck. I would be one happy bastard if that ever happened.

DaBoss

Artwork wise, I like Zekrom better, but the in-game 3D models in Gen 5 and Gen 6 has Zekrom looking janky which makes me prefer Reshiram.

ffdgh

Decent chance of getting from a fan after a Master Rank Contest
Pick-Up with high-level mon
Random chance of getting after a rematch with a couple in Sea Mauville

EDIT: Oh, also battle the sisters while you're in Sea Mauville. Their rematch present is a Dawn Stone so you can save in front of them and beat them up over and over until you get one. Easier than Super Training I believe.

Luckly I trained up 6 pumkaboo to level 65 in XY a while ago so getting one destiny knot shouldn't be too much trouble

This bit I didn't know. However I need my secret pals as grinders so I only have one space open. So I'm just secret pal those who pick up a ton.

Seiniyta

So, having played it a while now (thanks nintendo for releasing smash on the same day XD)
Hoenn feels soo much more open compared to the cramped tiny routes in X&Y. Everything feels more spacious, whilst in XY I was often "why can't I walk on this bit of grass a few cm higher then the rest?"

and holy damn, Mauville, I don't reconize you!

This bit I didn't know. However I need my secret pals as grinders so I only have one space open. So I'm just secret pal those who pick up a ton.
I would just add the Silvers and Bronzes then. Normal flags occasionally do have a good chunk of flags but it's pretty rare. Silvers, on the other hand, are really reliable sources of 20+ flags and Bronzes tend to at least have something. EDIT: The handful I often get from a Normal flag do add up really quickly, though...

I would just add the Silvers and Bronzes then. Normal flags occasionally do have a good chunk of flags but it's pretty rare. Silvers, on the other hand, are really reliable sources of 20+ flags and Bronzes tend to at least have something. EDIT: The handful I often get from a Normal flag do add up really quickly, though...

That sounds like my plan. I'll figure it all out at the next wave of flags since right now I already pulled everyone's flag and have no clue who's a bronze or silver and I really don't want to travel to everyone's base...

edit: Yup, just gotten 26 flags from one person who I knew was a silver.

Archie is a badass here. Still the best villain in the series.

Like the one reason I'd pick Sapphire over Ruby is that Team Aqua is better. Fortunately my brother has Alpha Sapphire so I can play through it eventually.

Hey guys guess what
Ywm8zmW.jpg

Chicken butt.

Linius

Oh, that Moomoo milk seller, much cheaper than super potions and better too. And the herb shop. I love Lavaridge.

For some reason up till this point I keep struggeling with money. Everytime I go shop for some pokeballs and status healers I almost go broke and have to fight some trainers again. As far as I can remember I never really had these problems in Pokémon before.

lewisgone

I like the new Mauville and it feels way more unique. But I wish there was a section where the camera panned out (unless I'm missing a location that can happen) and you could see the whole city. Going into it for the first time can feel a little confusing and overwhelming, especially once you realize there is multiple levels.

Hatchtag

Banned
Completed the Delta Episode. It was pretty meh imo. Felt like too much of a fetch quest. Also too much dialogue. What happened to trying to piece together the lore by yourself? Now they just tell you every single bit of it. Also, it's a bit weird that you get 3 Pokemon in a row, 2 of which are required captures (Rayquaza, Deoxys, Johto Starter).

That being said, looping areas need to be where every daycare in the series is from now on. Such a welcome change. I wish they'd allow you to send a Pokemon in the daycare straight to the PC, though.

Oh, that Moomoo milk seller, much cheaper than super potions and better too. And the herb shop. I love Lavaridge.

For some reason up till this point I keep struggeling with money. Everytime I go shop for some pokeballs and status healers I almost go broke and have to fight some trainers again. As far as I can remember I never really had these problems in Pokémon before.

Did you buy the Luck Incense from the Incense seller in Slateport?

Though I guess my money woes kinda disappeared once I started refighting trainers and they kept rechallenging me so quickly too.

Linius

Did you buy the Luck Incense from the Incense seller in Slateport?

Though I guess my money woes kinda disappeared once I started refighting trainers and they kept rechallenging me so quickly too.

Doesn't ring a bell, don't think I did. Was that on the market over there? Guess I'll head back there once I have fly.

I haven't rebattled trainers btw. Guess I can find a way to do that somewhere in the menu? That would surely help leveling easier too.

Doesn't ring a bell, don't think I did. Was that on the market over there? Guess I'll head back there once I have fly.

I haven't rebattled trainers btw. Guess I can find a way to do that somewhere in the menu? That would surely help leveling easier too.

Yes at the market there.

You can tell you can rebattle trainers from the AreaNav. A red icon will show up when you enter a route with a rebattleable trainer and you can touch it to see who it is.

Linius

Yes at the market there.

You can tell you can rebattle trainers from the AreaNav. A red icon will show up when you enter a route with a rebattleable trainer and you can touch it to see who it is.

Oh lol, a ton of trainer are ready for battle I see. Great run for my Swablu then before I challenge the fourth gym.

Growlie19

My shiny Growlithe became a Coolness contest master! I'm starting to work on Beauty now, up to Hyper rank. Here's the set I used:

Flare Blitz
Roar
Double Team
Flame Charge

The strategy was to Double Team to get pumped, Roar to guarantee he moves last, Flare Blitz for massive heart gain, then repeat the last two. Flame Charge was filler, but it paired well with Double Team.

And as if my day couldn't get any better, I also got an Eon Ticket! Thank you, random person at my bus terminal!

Is there something special story bit for every type of contest after you've done that?

Only did Toughness after beating all Master Rank contests.

Contest Star Ribbons

When the pokemon enters battle a ribbon shine flashes on them. Much like how shinies enter battle with a shiny sparkle.

And a lucarionite.

In case anyone wondered it turns out the bargain o-power does not stack with sales (I tried with the vitamin sale on Monday and after using the o-power they were still 4900).

Top Bottom