• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The animation in Resident Evil 6 is nuts

What has this series come to...

Been playing ReHD lately, and having so much fun with it...while RE5 bored the crap out of me, and so did the little I played of 6. Karate moves on zombies, WWE style combos on 600 kg monsters....really, what has this series come to ?!

Jawmuncher

What has this series come to...

Been playing ReHD lately, and having so much fun with it...while RE5 bored the crap out of me, and so did the little I played of 6. Karate moves on zombies, WWE style combos on 600 kg monsters....really, what has this series come to ?!

A action game?
We've known this since 4 came out.

Seyavesh

Karate moves on zombies, WWE style combos on 600 kg monsters....really, what has this series come to ?!

johnny karate will kick the shit out of monsters
NeBzm2z.gif

GrayChild

Up there with the best third person shooters and one of the most underappreciated games of the past generation. While I would like to see more of the old-school RE gameplay as well, dropping the ideas and gameplay mechanics from RE6 would be a waste.

The only thing this game needed was better pacing and less QTEs. Everything else was pretty much perfect.

Yeah, I'm pretty cool with what the series is becoming. They still need to improve on somethings since RE5-RE6 but it's fine to me. I'm a big horror fan and I've found there's plenty of horror games out there, especially now, that RE doesn't need to go back to the old formula.

Riposte

RE6 must be the game with the biggest disparity in quality between core gameplay and scenario design
Most of the scenarios that are "core gameplay" are perfectly fine, if not as good of a showcase as Mercs. That's ultimately most of the game. I'd say any game with a good combat system and poor enemies wound instantly rank higher.

AlexBasch

After years and years of dealing with B.O.W's, this is the kind of mastership that you would assume these characters have.

Stopping a mutant spider mid air and then doing a suplex and shit.

johnny karate will kick the shit out of monsters
NeBzm2z.gif

Your gifs are great! I love how they show off how the game is a brawler and shooter hybrid. The colors are really neat too, does it look good while playing or does the high contrast get tiring after awhile? I'd like to give it a shot.

Seyavesh

By the way how do you perform this first roundhouse kick from nowhere? It doesn't appear to be a prompted melee but just a normal move.

same way i have chris in most of my gifs: the model swap trainer (it lets you swap melee moves, which is how i did the chris punch gif too)
it also let me do stuff like this:
dAjAuMO.gif

Seyavesh, you got that reshade file?
http://www.mediafire.com/view/1joybeutnf4tnm8/ReShade.fx

the high contrast hasn't gotten old to me yet and i think it's a massive improvement over the lame as hell drab tone the game puts on

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
same way i have chris in most of my gifs: the model swap trainer (it lets you swap melee moves, which is how i did the chris punch gif too)
it also let me do stuff like this:
dAjAuMO.gif

http://www.mediafire.com/view/1joybeutnf4tnm8/ReShade.fx

the high contrast hasn't gotten old to me yet and i think it's a massive improvement over the lame as hell drab tone the game puts on

Any reason to not use SweetFx instead of Reshade for this?

AdaWong

Seyavesh, if you have anymore Ada thebestcharacterinthehistoryofcharacters Wong gifs, please post'em. Id be ever so grateful!

HeelPower

I just realized what RE6 really is.

It basically played like a Musuo RE game!

Just move forward and destroyed as many enemies as fancily as possible.Each enemy is individually uninteresting but massive waves(like in mercenaries) are fun!

Neiteio

I just realized what RE6 really is.

It basically played like a Musuo RE game!

Just move forward and destroyed as many enemies as fancily as possible.Each enemy is individually uninteresting but massive waves(like in mercenaries) are fun!
Enemies are more interesting and take more work to defeat in RE6 Mercs than in past REs. They come from every angle, transform, and require you to make deft use of your increased mobility to avoid being swarmed.

ike_

I legitimately thought RE6 was a great game. People couldn't accept it for what it was, and that sucks. It's a lot of fun.

Listen opinions will not be tolerated on the internet. But I agree! I actually liked it significantly better than RE5, much more campy and grandiose. These gifs and webms bringing my browser to its knees are also a great argument.

On the other hand I had a hard time getting back into it recently. I felt enemies jumping onto my back from the far corners of the map was a little unfair, but I might have just been in a very impatient mood at the time.

Neiteio

Listen opinions will not be tolerated on the internet. But I agree! I actually liked it significantly better than RE5, much more campy and grandiose. These gifs and webms bringing my browser to its knees are also a great argument.

On the other hand I had a hard time getting back into it recently. I felt enemies jumping onto my back from the far corners of the map was a little unfair, but I might have just been in a very impatient mood at the time.
RE6 has the best core mechanics, I agree, but it's also the hardest to pick up again after a long time not playing. Takes a while to get into its rhythm.

It expects a lot of the player -- there's so much control, and so many mobility options -- so it can be demanding at times.

Seyavesh

Any reason to not use SweetFx instead of Reshade for this?
none whatsoever, sweetfx even has better performance for the same features
but i didn't back up my sweetfx files lol
Seyavesh, those colors are gorgeous. Is that some kind of PC patch?
sweetfx/reshade as posted above, so yeah it's a pc thing
Is this your Gif too?
because it's my favorite
yeah that's mine

RE6 no mercy mercs is amazing but it takes folks some getting used to in regards to where the challenge comes from (controlling the chaos and dealing with pinch situations, effectively) but i legitimately think it's one of the best shooter modes period. the only big downsides are how simple countering is once you've figured out the trick to it and the coup de grace glitch simplifying scoring paths. also the zombies in general because their attack prioritization is bizarre as hell and they'll sometimes attack you after death

learning how to deal with that stuff can be painful though because it'll feel like you go from doing well to dying instantly a lot due to the nature of the challenge

Cwarrior

Problem with Re6 is that it's an amazing third person shooter with deep shooting combat mechanic & is extremly fun to play co-op with friends........wait that's a problem wish more games had problems like these.

Up there with vanquish and binary domain for best TPS mechanics.

Seyavesh

i guess since this has become the re6 gifs thread, this is the kinda thing i'm talkin' about
sCr3A9k.gif

just the basic action of getting through this crowd as to avoid instant death is so thrilling. most maps after the 200 kills mark become this insane scramble full of this type of deal

like messing up there would let the tank do this to me instead:
NikPC8Q.gif

longdi

Banned
I have never seen much of RE6, but lol at the video. It is like Capcom decided to make RE6 a parody of past RE. Lol at the ways of disposing the zombie arms!

Game4life

Banned
*shakes head*

Resident Evil what have they done to you?

Yeah. RE has been polluted so badly. I will not be surprised if one see's powerbombs people's elbow, leg drops, stunner, rock bottom ,swanton bombs in future games. Shame on Capcom for ridiculing this once great franchise with shit that should be in a Yakuza game. Seriously why dont you make a big budget old school well paced horror game with focus on puzzles and see how much it sells before chasing this Michael Bay bullshit. Give it a chance for God's sake instead of assuming that a market for atmosphere heavy RE has disappeared.

joe2187

Banned
i guess since this has become the re6 gifs thread, this is the kinda thing i'm talkin' about
sCr3A9k.gif

NikPC8Q.gif

Oh god, I need that RECVX claire mod! how do I do this!? Is there anything for Revelations as well? I've been cleaning up in Raid mode in preperation for 2

*shakes head*

Resident Evil what have they done to you?

Made it an amazing action TPS.

Yeah. RE has been polluted so badly. I will not be surprised if one see's powerbombs people's elbow, leg drops, stunner, rock bottom ,swanton bombs in future games. Shame on Capcom for ridiculing this once great franchise with shit that should be in a Yakuza game. Seriously why dont you make a big budget old school well paced horror game with focus on puzzles and see how much it sells before chasing this Michael Bay bullshit. Give it a chance for God's sake instead of assuming that a market for atmosphere heavy RE has disappeared.

You're in luck! They already did and it recently got a remaster!

resident-evil-hd-remaster.jpg

So I can't do those crazy John Woo moves on the PS3 RE6?

I wanna go Chun Li with Ada...

The combat is unchanged, the only things the PC version offers is more enemies on screen at once and modding character swaps and graphics.

Game4life

Banned
You're in luck! They already did and it recently got a remaster!

resident-evil-hd-remaster.jpg

Err.. I meant a completely new game with the style of the original. New bosses, new characters set in one location. Maybe have two development teams. One team working on something similar to the original while the other team which made the abomination known as RE6 can put all the WWE moves that they want in the next Resident Evil. Then Capcom can see which one gets in more profits and take a call to see which direction to take future franchises. We will never know unless Capcom makes a new big budget old school RE. Everyone just assumes that such a game will not do well in 2015.

Err.. I meant a completely new game with the style of the original. New bosses, new characters set in one location. Maybe have two development teams. One team working on something similar to the original while the other team which made the abomination known as RE6 can put all the WWE moves that they want in the next Resident Evil. Then Capcom can see which one gets in more profits and take a call to see which direction to take future franchises. We will never know unless Capcom makes a new big budget old school RE. Everyone just assumes that such a game will not do well in 2015.

Old school survival horrors can barely even get kickstarters funded let alone have a big budget given to it by a major publisher. Stuff like Alien Isolation is a rarity and got slammed by mainstream press for being the survival horror they claimed they wanted back for so many years. With the sales Capcom gets from the big budget action Resident Evils people have to accept they are going to continue making action games for the mainline series.

For years people asked for a lower budget RE game that was more subdued and so now they have made the Revelations side series to do exactly that, and then you have people complaining that it looks too low budget. They really can't win with this series.

Mechazawa

ibaRpbNiioQT6S.gif

Do you guys know why Jake is in this gif and not Chris.

It's because Chris is an impostor. Chris is not the One True God. Chris will never suplex the ustanak.

Top Bottom