• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo 3DS: new firmware update available (Ver. 9.5.0-23)

L~A

A new firmware update for the Nintendo 3DS is available right now and... well, I'm sure you already have your jokes ready so you can post them.

Yup, this new update is a stability update.

Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

Edit; 9.5.0-23, not 5.3.0....

Edit 2: yes, it breaks the region-free trick.

Source

Andrefpvs

This update patches the web browser. Be careful if you use the region-free hack, it might patch that.

Also, it's 9.5.0-23.

KNT-Zero

I have a feeling they will release a major update when Club Nintendo is over. And probably it will include that money sucking Sticker Shop xD

L~A

This update patches the web browser. Be careful if you use the region-free hack, it might patch that.

Also, it's 9.5.0-23.

And of course I wrote a 5 instead of 9.

*this trip to 2013 was sponsored by the L~A Time Travel Agency, thanks for travelling with us... sorry about the inconvenience : /

gillty

Banned
Smealum said:
looks like 9.5.0-23 is live ! patches web browser. not sure if it blocks the exploit used for regionthree yet but seems likely. DONT UPDATE!

Fuck, just ordered a new 3ds and now I won't be able to do a system transfer without updating my old one which I was planning to continue to use for regionthree. =(

aw yiss

guy-eats-pizza-while-working-out.gif

samn

Fuck, just ordered a new 3ds and now I won't be able to do a system transfer without updating my old one which I was planning to continue to use for regionthree. =(

Call Nintendo and say the old system was obliterated or something and ask them to transfer your purchases.

Can almost guarantee the update broke region free. According to 3DBrew only the web browser was updated, and only on the Old 3DS.

Only one reason they would have done that.

Isotope

OK, so it does indeed look like it's been patched.

The usual method (Go into Download Play then go.scmods.com while DP is suspended. And yes, I have the .dat file in my SD Card root) doesn't boot out of region copies. I guess the positive out of this is it doesn't brick your system.

This is what I get when going to the site used to boot the game; It doesn't load the game and just stays on this page (Top Screen just stays blank).

gillty

Banned
OK, so it does indeed look like it's been patched.

The usual method (Go into Download Play then go.scmods.com. And yes, I have the .dat file in my SD Card root) doesn't boot out of region copies. I guess the positive out of this is it doesn't brick your system.

Thanks Reggie!

screenshot2015-03-02ao8j3f.png

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
My 3DS can't possibly be this stable.

Madao

Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

it's always the opposite with these. the only updates that actually enhance user experience are those that add new functionality. the rest are just bs.

gillty

Banned
...it never worked on n3ds anyway?

Read above. My old 3ds xl has 20+ eshop games and I use regionthree for puyo puyo tetris, I would have to update it for system transfer. A new 3ds is not worth losing puyo puyo and my saves and streetpasses.

SerTapTap

Booooo Nintendo. Oh well, at least I already transported my stuff and kept my old3DS offline so I can play my one region-locked game in peace.

Cider

What browser exploit Pokemon QR code?
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post hacks and stuff on gaf, but basically where you use the camera's QR reader to inject pokemon into your game. It doesn't work with the N3DS though, only original 3ds and 3dsXL

Top Bottom